Paul George | 25 PTS (8-25 FG, 4-14 3P, 5-7 FT), 5 REB
No votes
Jerami Grant | 10 PTS (3-9 FG)
No votes
Steven Adams | 13 PTS (5-6 FG), 11 REB
No votes
Russell Westbrook | 38 PTS (15-28 FG, 5-10 3P, 3-7 FT), 13 REB, 6 AST
100%
Dennis Schroder | 14 PTS (4-8 FG, 2-5 3P)
No votes
Other (specify below)
No votes

Total votes: 1

Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Re: 3/5 | G64: Oklahoma City Thunder at Minnesota Timberwolves - 7PM CST 

Post#41 » by Old Man Game » Wed Mar 6, 2019 1:46 pm

Pillendreher wrote:These two possessions are showing the current state of our defense imo:

1)

First off, Westbrook is just floating around. He's neither defending nor helping anybody. Then you get Grant running around like a madman, neither sticking with anybody nor providing any sort of other protection. In addition to that, George is late getting to his man, then gets beat by him without putting up much of a contest. And as the last guy standing, Adams decides to help on Wiggins while Grant runs away from Wiggins and Westbrook just stands around watching the play which leaves Towns wide open. Whose fault is this basket?

If you really look at this I think Russ and Grant respectively were so worried about covering the 3 point line that they couldn't commit to the rotating to help. I put this mostly on George who closed out too hard and let his man blow right by him. Adams comes over to help but has to leave his man and George is too late getting back into the play to do anything.
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#42 » by CROklahoma » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:03 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:These two possessions are showing the current state of our defense imo:

1)

First off, Westbrook is just floating around. He's neither defending nor helping anybody. Then you get Grant running around like a madman, neither sticking with anybody nor providing any sort of other protection. In addition to that, George is late getting to his man, then gets beat by him without putting up much of a contest. And as the last guy standing, Adams decides to help on Wiggins while Grant runs away from Wiggins and Westbrook just stands around watching the play which leaves Towns wide open. Whose fault is this basket?

If you really look at this I think Russ and Grant respectively were so worried about covering the 3 point line that they couldn't commit to the rotating to help. I put this mostly on George who closed out too hard and let his man blow right by him. Adams comes over to help but has to leave his man and George is too late getting back into the play to do anything.

This type of plays aren't that huge of an issue, this was Minny attacking out on break, getting us unset on our whole defensive posession.
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#43 » by JustOneFix » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:09 pm

These fools are going to ruin the entire season in the last 20 games. Instead of playing the Clippers, Spurs or Portland in the first round they'll find themselves playing against the Rockets or the Jazz or even the Nuggets without the home court advantage.

Damn idiots.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Post#44 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:33 pm

When Adams was playing his best early in the season and the thunder were launching their all star campaign for him, that was the only time I felt Adams was worth his contract. That doesn't mean he hadn't been a good player before that time. Even though I've stated that he's one of my favorite players, there was no reason to give him the max before the end of the season.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#45 » by JustOneFix » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:54 pm

I know it would never happen, but would anyone do

Adams
Grant
Schroeder

for Griffin and Drummond?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,137

Post#46 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:40 pm

TheGreatSatan wrote:I know it would never happen, but would anyone do

Adams
Grant
Schroeder

for Griffin and Drummond?

No. Adams is better than Drummond

Griffin salary will be terrible in 2 years. Injury prone, old.

The only good side of this trade would be to get rid of Schroeder and get an almost ''prime'' Blake Griffin. But we need a wing not a PF lhat needs the ball in his hands.

Grant is on a great contract even if he's not as good as Griffin.

I really wanted Griffin 2 years ago but with our current roster he's a really bad fit.
Thundershock88
Starter
And1: 2,234

Post#47 » by Thundershock88 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 5:05 pm

Aside from the terrible defense, what's with the rotations? Rotations should start dwindling as the season winds down, yet here we are with guys like Felton back in the lineup. I understand PG has been hurt, but the starters and the bench should remain the same as they were earlier in the year, with Morris being the exception. Nader is also atrocious, but billy loves him. Shocking. Billy has stumbled onto not only a Shroder, Felton, Nader lineup, but a Shroder, Felton, Westbrook lineup. What is this guy thinking?
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,849

Post#48 » by life_saver » Wed Mar 6, 2019 5:10 pm

Outside post, Adams imo didn't defend KAT well at all yesterday..when KAT is in foul trouble, you need to go at him, make it more physical...KAT doesn't try to play too aggressive when he is in foul trouble, can get frustrated but Thunder failed to take advantage of that yesterday & instead made it easy for him, especially in 2nd Quarter. When KAT returned from bench yesterday in 2nd Quarter, Adams was leaving him enough space to take a mid range shot, long 2's etc without contesting much..it's like he either didn't know that KAT was a good shooter or he was being lazy with his coverage. Even after KAT made couple of 3's, Thunder/Adams were still not picking up KAT on perimeter during PnR plays.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#49 » by Pillendreher » Wed Mar 6, 2019 5:16 pm

upriser7 wrote:t's like he either didn't know that KAT was a good shooter or he was being lazy with his coverage. Even after KAT made couple of 3's, Thunder/Adams were still not picking up KAT on perimeter during PnR plays.

To me it looked like they had no idea that they needed to close out on him. Which is astonishing since this isn't the first time they've played Minnesota.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Thunder Up
Senior
And1: 197

Post#50 » by Thunder Up » Wed Mar 6, 2019 6:12 pm

Pillendreher wrote:

This clip shows how deeply flawed of a coach Donovan and his staff are.
Their defensive philosophy from day one has been that Dre guards the primary scorer, and fights over and through every single screen (which he was elite at) and Adams sinks for the roll man. It essentially nullified the effectiveness of a high PnR offense

Terrance Ferguson is not Andre Roberson... no where close, but he has been assigned that specific role with no adjustments. Also, this particular clip was a completely pointless play over top of a screen 5 feet behind the arc for Jeff Teague of all people.

Lastly, it was an illegal screen but let's not get into that
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Post#51 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:30 am

Then the timberwolves get smoked by the lowly pistons tonight. Wow.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,503

Post#52 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:40 am

ThunderBolt wrote:Then the timberwolves get smoked by the lowly pistons tonight. Wow.

The Pistons are going to make the playoffs just like the Thunder. If the Pistons can keep in position to play Indy in the first round they might even play more playoff games than OKC does.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#53 » by Pillendreher » Thu Mar 7, 2019 9:21 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Then the timberwolves get smoked by the lowly pistons tonight. Wow.

The Pistons are going to make the playoffs just like the Thunder. If the Pistons can keep in position to play Indy in the first round they might even play more playoff games than OKC does.

The Pistons are a bad team. Please don't try to put this ridiculous spin on this just because it's your time of the day again.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder