Total votes: 12

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,263

Re: 3/11 | G67: Oklahoma City Thunder at Utah Jazz - 8PM CST 

Post#41 » by babyjax13 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 am

Dn4sty wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
1bigfan13 wrote:He had an awkward fall. It looked like he hit a wet spot and his feet slid from under him. His left leg bent backwards underneath him as he fell but it didn't look that serious. I didn't see his knee bend/hyper-extend so my guess is it could be some type of hip or quad strain.

Ahhh, that play. That sucks.

Can you do some research and figure out why the Jazz kept watering their court down?

Multiple slips (even the Donovan step back Nerlens slips).

I’m kidding obviously, but man it was bad tonight

I noticed it, too. I honestly think it might be this city court, it has a ton of graphics everywhere and graphics are slick. Hated playing in rich high schools that had them lol.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#42 » by Osirus89 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 am

Dn4sty wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I don’t believe this guys version of the story at all.

By the way just to make sure everyone understands before I’m attacked. BOTH Russ and the fan(s) are wrong

If that fan said what he is insinuated to have said, I only take issue with Russ bringing the wife into it. That fan deserved any threats he received if Patterson’s tweet was a direct quote. People need to be checked and sometimes kindly asking them to pipe down isn’t enough.

Glad to see the defense look good and that PG is impacting games well even without his shot. I give Schroeder a ton of grief, but he was the MVP of the game. I will gladly give credit when it’s due and he deserves every bit of it. SA also hit some timely shots and did a good job jamming up a lot of Utah’s actions. It really is night and day with no Carmelo on the team. Utah’s half court was a massive problem in the PO last season, but they have been largely mitigated this year. That’s considering that Russ just started to get his shot back recently.
Anderson Silva
Ballboy
And1: 20

Post#43 » by Anderson Silva » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:13 am

Havent had a chance to see the game yet. Will tonight. But by the score looks like our Defense was good, and Schroder found his shot.

Its crazy to me that we have swept BOTH Utah and Portland this season!
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#44 » by RalphSampsonJr » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:56 am

Rotations were so much betyer. Grants help defense was spot on.
Adams and Schroder finally played to their abilities.
PG looked awful
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,059

Post#45 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:22 am

I don't get how you can be an NBA fan and a racist at the same time. Basketball wise I respect the Jazz organization a lot but they should do something about their fans (being the same for 15 years from what former players already said).
Glad Westbrook did something even if it wasn't in the right way...
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#46 » by JustOneFix » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:16 am

Well, this was unexpected.

I had a flashbacks. It felt like i was in the 90's again...
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#47 » by hardenASG13 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:34 am

TheGreatSatan wrote:Well, this was unexpected.

I had a flashbacks. It felt like i was in the 90's again...

Unexpected? They Swept them on the season.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#48 » by Old Man Game » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:45 pm

The fan is 110% full of ****. Jazz fans have a reputation around the league of being some of the worst when it comes to heckling that crosses the line and this is going back years. Just supposition here by me (admittedly) but it probably has to do with the Mormon church literally not allowing black people until the flippin' 1970s. Lot of baked in racism to overcome in that community. So **** that guy. **** his wife. In a just world Russ would have been within his rights to meet him outside after the game and make his face look like a pan of lasagna dumped on the floor.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#49 » by Old Man Game » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I don't get how you can be an NBA fan and a racist at the same time. Basketball wise I respect the Jazz organization a lot but they should do something about their fans (being the same for 15 years from what former players already said).
Glad Westbrook did something even if it wasn't in the right way...

It's weird. In my experience of lot of these so called "fans" are just there because the team is in their town and its really more about their own specific town and the boosterism of the town/state than it is the game or the players.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#50 » by Pillendreher » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:I apologize for not roaming this way more often, but what the hell is up with PG13? Hasn't looked the same since the break.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2019/03/11/oklahoma-city-thunder-paul-george-playing-through-injury-rotator-cuff-shoulder/

For the love of God stop falling for that Twitter tool. That's a nobody who constantly straight up invents stuff.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#51 » by Pillendreher » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Defensively, I think we looked much better. The Jazz played a weird kind of game* and missed some shots, but it looked like we were in the rights spots more often than not (I noticed it during a possesion in the 2nd quarter I think where they beat the first line of defense and contrary to the last couple of weeks didn't have multiple options to score because we were already in position). And even though we still gave up 15 2nd chance points, I think our defensive rebounding was excellent, especially since Adams was not always the one fighting for the rebound.

Offensively Russ was taking some horrible shots and somehow still managed to make half of his shots. He had some bad turnovers though. Schröder was great: When the guy is on, he's reallly on. Too bad it rarely happens. Shooting wise, it would be cool if our role players managed to knock down some shots. George with a very weird game. I hope he finds his rhythm soon.

*The Jazz have done fairly well with Rubio out this season. Their ORtG has been better with him out (110.9 vs 109.7) and their defense has been way better, improving by more than 7 points (107.9 to 100.6). So even though the looked a little out of sorts, I think we did well against a team that has done much better with Rubio out than active.

EDIT: Also Adams was good.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#52 » by RalphSampsonJr » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Pillendreher wrote:Defensively, I think we looked much better. The Jazz played a weird kind of game* and missed some shots, but it looked like we were in the rights spots more often than not (I noticed it during a possesion in the 2nd quarter I think where they beat the first line of defense and contrary to the last couple of weeks didn't have multiple options to score because we were already in position). And even though we still gave up 15 2nd chance points, I think our defensive rebounding was excellent, especially since Adams was not always the one fighting for the rebound.

Offensively Russ was taking some horrible shots and somehow still managed to make half of his shots. He had some bad turnovers though. Schröder was great: When the guy is on, he's reallly on. Too bad it rarely happens. Shooting wise, it would be cool if our role players managed to knock down some shots. George with a very weird game. I hope he finds his rhythm soon.

*The Jazz have done fairly well with Rubio out this season. Their ORtG has been better with him out (110.9 vs 109.7) and their defense has been way better, improving by more than 7 points (107.9 to 100.6). So even though the looked a little out of sorts, I think we did well against a team that has done much better with Rubio out than active.

EDIT: Also Adams was good.

Was good to see Adams stick with Mitchell when he was trying to get to the hoop. Feel like i havent seen him stay with a gaurd like that for a long tims

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder