No votes

Total votes: 7

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: 3/14 | G69: Oklahoma City Thunder at Indiana Pacers - 6PM CST 

Post#41 » by bondom34 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:50 am

I'll be honest I was running around doing stuff so couldn't watch but box score watched late. And those Schroder>Westbrook takes aged gracefully.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#42 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:58 am

We are just a middle of the road playoff team. No better. No worse. We have games like this, losses to the wolves and pelicans and then may very well beat the warriors Saturday. For some people that is enough. If our players were all in their early 20s I would feel differently. The time to go for it is now and we are just a team that is just there in the mix but not really a threat to win it all. Like I said, for some it’s enough. I’m not happy with the state of the franchise.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#43 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:02 am

bondom34 wrote:I'll be honest I was running around doing stuff so couldn't watch but box score watched late. And those Schroder>Westbrook takes aged gracefully.

Westbrook being himself again (not 2017 obviously) is the only good thing since the All star break.
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Re: 3/14 | G69: Oklahoma City Thunder at Indiana Pacers - 6PM CS 

Post#44 » by Osirus89 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:08 am

Pls..someone defend Billy Donovan. Defend him! Show yourself!

Dennis Schroeder 32 mins!
Terrance Ferguson 21 mins

You dipstick
Yeah I know Ferg had foul trouble. Then let him foul out. That’s better than Schroeder playing extended minutes. It’s like the team either doesn’t care that schroder is an unmitigated disaster on defense that kills the team repeatedly, or they are unaware that he is.

I honestly don’t know which would be more alarming. Sadly neither seems surprising. That’s the real tragic part.

Ah yes.. and now enter Golden State. Schroder is going to murder us in that game as well. Time for a timely ankle sprain in practice tomorrow.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:10 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I'll be honest I was running around doing stuff so couldn't watch but box score watched late. And those Schroder>Westbrook takes aged gracefully.

Westbrook being himself again (not 2017 obviously) is the only good thing since the All star break.

And yet no matter what happens we still are the same team. I realize not everyone will play well every night but as soon as Russ gets better Adams falls off a cliff and George comes down to earth. Russ probably isn’t as bad as he was at time and George probably wasn’t as good as he was when he was MVPG. I dont know if it’s a product of our lack of ball movement or what but we always seem to be trying to win in spite of a key player struggling.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#46 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:11 am

ThunderBolt wrote:We are just a middle of the road playoff team. No better. No worse. We have games like this, losses to the wolves and pelicans and then may very well beat the warriors Saturday. For some people that is enough. If our players were all in their early 20s I would fee differently. The time to go for it is now and we are just a team that is just there in the mix but not really a threat to win it all. Like I said, for some it’s enough. I’m not happy with the state of the franchise.

Well don't think it's enough for any fan to lose in the first round again.

Will be almost impossible against the Rockets and very very difficult against the Blazers without HCA (will rely on Westbrook and PG13 playing elite basketball at the same time).

Westbrook is playing well and PG13 looks better despite his terrible end game tonight. Ferguson and our non existent bench (only Noel is a good back up) is pretty much why we won't be able to win a series.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#47 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

And yet no matter what happens we still are the same team. I realize not everyone will play well every night but as soon as Russ gets better Adams falls off a cliff and George comes down to earth. Russ probably isn’t as bad as he was at time and George probably wasn’t as good as he was when he was MVPG. I dont know if it’s a product of our lack of ball movement or what but we always seem to be trying to win in spite of a key player struggling.

Well Adams is great when Westbrooks plays well (that was the case tonight). Agree about PG13/Westbrook though but Paul George was injured and our team relies so much on his scoring that we are screwed if he isn't really good on offense.

We pretty much need a great offensive performance from PG13 and an overall good performance from Westbrook to win a playoff game. Get lucky to win 4 :(
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:17 am

Honestly this is all on Presti. Whenever we do rebuild we will likely draft a future hall of famer or two and then surround him with a bunch of Dion Waiter, Norris Cole and Enes Kanter type players. I get it. Not everyone on the roster will be loved but the analytics but I’m sick of giving Presti a pass for so many stupid decisions.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:21 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Well Adams is great when Westbrooks plays well (that was the case tonight). Agree about PG13/Westbrook though but Paul George was injured and our team relies so much on his scoring that we are screwed if he isn't really good on offense.

We pretty much need a great offensive performance from PG13 and an overall good performance from Westbrook to win a playoff game. Get lucky to win 4 :(

I thought Adams played a lot like russ typically plays- a bad play followed by a good one. Their really isn’t any reason for him to have had four turnovers tonight. He might struggle guarding Turner on the perimeter but he should have been able to bully him in the paint. Adams isn’t a bad player but his performance is evaluated based on his salary. I do the same with schroder. If those guys made 15 and 8 million respectively, I wouldn’t have much of a complaint.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#50 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:25 am

ThunderBolt wrote:Honestly this is all on Presti. Whenever we do rebuild we will likely draft a future hall of famer or two and then surround him with a bunch of Dion Waiter, Norris Cole and Enes Kanter type players. I get it. Not everyone on the roster will be loved but the analytics but I’m sick of giving Presti a pass for so many stupid decisions.

to be honest I liked our roster coming into this season but not trading for a wing before trade deadline was an huge disappointment.

I'm sick of being one piece away from being able to compete at a high level, even more when you are starting a sophomore and your only option coming from the bench is Dennis *** Schroeder (and Presti knew Roberson wasn't coming back)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#51 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:30 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:And yet no matter what happens we still are the same team. I realize not everyone will play well every night but as soon as Russ gets better Adams falls off a cliff and George comes down to earth. Russ probably isn’t as bad as he was at time and George probably wasn’t as good as he was when he was MVPG. I dont know if it’s a product of our lack of ball movement or what but we always seem to be trying to win in spite of a key player struggling.

I thought Adams played a lot like russ typically plays- a bad play followed by a good one. Their really isn’t any reason for him to have had four turnovers tonight. He might struggle guarding Turner on the perimeter but he should have been able to bully him in the paint. Adams isn’t a bad player but his performance is evaluated based on his salary. I do the same with schroder. If those guys made 15 and 8 million respectively, I wouldn’t have much of a complaint.

I don't like comparing Adams and Schroeder. Overpaid or not, Adams brings a lot to this team while Schroeder is a negative value.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,487

Re: 3/14 | G69: Oklahoma City Thunder at Indiana Pacers - 6PM CS 

Post#52 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:19 am

Osirus89 wrote:Pls..someone defend Billy Donovan. Defend him! Show yourself!

He was repeatedly dropped on his head as an infant. He had the air to his brain cut off for 5 minutes at birth.

If you meant defend his coaching then I'll just say that is Presti's job not mine. He is the one who hasn't fired him despite everyone who understands basketball and wanting OKC to reach their potential knew Donovan should have been gone after the Dipo season.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 813

Post#53 » by 1bigfan13 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:34 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Anyone who thinks Schröder is even close to being a good nba player is a complete moron and just needs to go away. But it’s ok because hey, maybe in three weeks he will make a bunch of floaters in the fourth. Amateur.

The only time Schroder should be closing games is if he's on one of his hot shooting streaks. There was no reason for him to be in the game the final few minutes of last night's game. Because when his shot's not falling he doesn't offer much of anything on the defensive end. I'd have rather had Nader or Ferguson in there for a little more size and athleticism.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,492

Post#54 » by Bergmaniac » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 pm

Schroder is such a dumb player. His occasional hot shooting nights are really not worth all the brickfests, his subpar playmaking and the problems he causes for the defence with his lack of size. And why the hell was he in during the last possessions when you needed a stop, I know Ferguson had 5 fouls, but let him play with a minute left, if he fouls out, he fouls out. It's not like Schroder was even touching the ball on offense anyway. Even Burton would have been a better option. Morris should have played more when Sabonis was in, he was doing a very good job on him unlike Noel or Grant who were getting abused.

Ferguson had 87 DRTG in this one. Schroder had 122.

George was exhausted towards the end. You really should have gotten a wing who can defend even if he is a disaster on offense once it became clear Diallo is not ready, so often you need stops and you play PG bigger minutes than it's best for him. Morris is fine, but you needed a wing more IMO.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#55 » by Pillendreher » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:07 pm

This is the worst loss of the season, easily. We were stomping them, up 19 with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd, excellent defense, good ball movement. And then the refs decided to get them back in it: For the rest of the quarter, the Pacers took more FTs than shots from the field (think about that for a second).* And lo and behold, a half court heave gets it within double digits. We then resort to trash turnovers and long range chucking. So **** frustrating.

*Sabonis, who constantly fouls whenever somebody forces him to his useless right hand by hitting the defender with his arm so he can go back to the left hand, and their version of Ingles combined for more FTs than our entire team. Since the ASB, we had a higher FTr than our opponent 3x out of a total of 12 games. Teams have attempted 5.7 % points more FTs per FTA since the ASB - the 2nd worst rate in the league, getting to the line for every 3rd shot they take.

On the season, we get 3.4 non-shooting fouls per 100 possessions called on us while the other team is in the bonus. Just within the last couple of games:
Clippers: 11.7
Denver: 11.2
Portland: 8.0
Indiana: 7.9

I know we tend to foul a tad more than other teams, but at some point this bull just has to stop. We're not the only team that touches players. We're not the only defense that plays physically. The refs are handing the opposing free cracks at the basket with this ticky tack bull. STOP IT.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#56 » by Pillendreher » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:32 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Anyone who thinks Schröder is even close to being a good nba player is a complete moron and just needs to go away. But it’s ok because hey, maybe in three weeks he will make a bunch of floaters in the fourth. Amateur.

I think he actually was decent, at least for the first 2 quarters. He was giving good effort on defense, the offense played well him on the floor. Then the bench unit got hit with the refs calling every bit of contact for the rest of the 3rd quarter and the team was completely out of rhythm to finish the game. But in general, I agree, of course. We can't have Schröder out there at the expense of Ferguson. Even though Ferguson has been fouling a lot and hasn't made as many 3s as you'd wish, we just can't be that small. We were a really big team once, but now, not so much. With Schröder in there instead of Ferguson, we are

6-3
6-1
6-9
6-9
7-0

And Grant is not a "big 6-9". He's rather on the smaller side I'd say.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,382

Post#57 » by RunOKC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:46 pm

Schroder needs to get 22-25 minutes tops. Playing him in closing time over TFerg, especially on defense, is just irresponsible. I thought he would/could be a 27-30 minute player for us before the season started (and people here quoted me that he wouldn't be getting those kind of minutes, but here he is at 28.8 MPG). Obviously should not be the case after seeing him play for 70 games. I'll gladly eat crow for thinking he should be getting those minutes. Hopefully Billy adjusts in the post season or we are doomed.
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,382

Post#58 » by RunOKC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Pillendreher wrote:This is the worst loss of the season, easily. We were stomping them, up 19 with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd, excellent defense, good ball movement. And then the refs decided to get them back in it: For the rest of the quarter, the Pacers took more FTs than shots from the field (think about that for a second).* And lo and behold, a half court heave gets it within double digits. We then resort to trash turnovers and long range chucking. So **** frustrating.

*Sabonis, who constantly fouls whenever somebody forces him to his useless right hand by hitting the defender with his arm so he can go back to the left hand, and their version of Ingles combined for more FTs than our entire team. Since the ASB, we had a higher FTr than our opponent 3x out of a total of 12 games. Teams have attempted 5.7 % points more FTs per FTA since the ASB - the 2nd worst rate in the league, getting to the line for every 3rd shot they take.

On the season, we get 3.4 non-shooting fouls per 100 possessions called on us while the other team is in the bonus. Just within the last couple of games:

I know we tend to foul a tad more than other teams, but at some point this bull just has to stop. We're not the only team that touches players. We're not the only defense that plays physically. The refs are handing the opposing free cracks at the basket with this ticky tack bull. STOP IT.

I was looking at Russ' fouls/game over the years, and aside from one year at 2.7 and this year at 3.5, he has consistently been between 2.2-2.5. These new rules really suck for defense (and our style of defense specifically), but these officials just seem to really dislike our players and I don't see it ever changing til we rebuild. Russ/Paul complain way too much/not in a respectful manner at times, and these guys are only human (except scott foster and kenny mauer who are heartless robots). In a perfect world they would officiate the game correctly and not let emotions cloud their judgement but what can you do. We are completely helpless in this regard and just have to overcome it.

JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#59 » by JustOneFix » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:41 pm

The most depressing loss of the season for sure. These guys were straight up ballin for 45 minutes and then everything collapsed in the last 3 minutes of the game.

And the greatest paradox of all is Russel Westbrook, one of the best rebounders at his position in the history of the game, leaving his man wide open under the basket for a tip in game winning basket. Just unbelivable.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#60 » by Pillendreher » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:44 pm

RunOKC wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:This is the worst loss of the season, easily. We were stomping them, up 19 with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd, excellent defense, good ball movement. And then the refs decided to get them back in it: For the rest of the quarter, the Pacers took more FTs than shots from the field (think about that for a second).* And lo and behold, a half court heave gets it within double digits. We then resort to trash turnovers and long range chucking. So **** frustrating.

I was looking at Russ' fouls/game over the years, and aside from one year at 2.7 and this year at 3.5, he has consistently been between 2.2-2.5. These new rules really suck for defense (and our style of defense specifically), but these officials just seem to really dislike our players and I don't see it ever changing til we rebuild. Russ/Paul complain way too much/not in a respectful manner at times, and these guys are only human (except scott foster and kenny mauer who are heartless robots). In a perfect world they would officiate the game correctly and not let emotions cloud their judgement but what can you do. We are completely helpless in this regard and just have to overcome it.

Sometimes we do tend to commit stupid fouls, I don't even want to act like we don't. I also know our guys complain a lot, but so does everybody else. You won't find a team that doesn't complain.
This is now the 3rd time in 6 games that the whistle made such a big difference in the game. The Pacers were done and then got brought back from the dead. Over the last 7 days, Portland, LA and Indiana combined for a total of 56 additional cracks at the basket for fouls called on us while those teams were in the bonus. Meanwhile we got 20. Am I supposed to believe that that is supposed to represent the reality that happened on the floor? These periods where they suddenly decide to call everything are just absolutely killing us. We can't defend because every little thing is suddenly a foul and we're out of rhythm on offense because of it.

I'd say "Stop fouling", but what good does that do when we get whacked on the other end it's play on while you can't touch Sabonis without getting called for a foul? After being down 19 in the 3rd, they had a FTr higher than 100 % for the rest of the quarter. I didn't even think that was possible. Yet with one minute left to go, they don't call this clearout by Sabonis:

And that was something he was doing all night long because he knows that his right hand is absolutely useless. I can't blame them to be frustrated when they let that go and call way too much non-consequential contact on the other side.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder