Off Season Trades

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,209

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#101 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:38 pm

Most likely Adams value will go up this year based on his performance. How much will determine if we want to keep him or trade him. Also, next year he’ll be an expiring deal. That will be the time his value is highest and the ideal time to trade him if we decide to do so.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#102 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Most likely Adams value will go up this year based on his performance. How much will determine if we want to keep him or trade him. Also, next year he’ll be an expiring deal. That will be the time his value is highest and the ideal time to trade him if we decide to do so.

I don't think Adams gets traded. Presti has always liked his old school centers and I don't see that changing. I could see Presti drafting a skilled big man as a backup and then keeping them "stuck" as the 6th man if they prove to be better than Adams. I am also assuming that Adams' next contract will be under $10M/yr.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#103 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:07 pm

Mattv wrote:I agree some what but at the same time he is overpaid so there's not going to be to good of a trade for him and would fit be better with a team that is that is there 3rd or 4 year Rebuilding not there 1st year like OKC is. Just my opinion.

Adams just turned 26. Nick Collison was 27 in Presti's first year as GM of the franchise. While I am not disagreeing with you on the timeline, although by that argument trading for Porter Jr. would have the same timeline issue, I expect Presti to keep Adams to try to teach toughness and push work ethic on the wave of young players that OKC will be drafting over the next few years. Adams will likely be 30-31 when OKC has a realistic chance to be a contender again, but his salary will be dropping down enough by the time the potential rookie scale contracts will be ending for bigger contracts that he won't be effecting the ability to extend them and keep the team together.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#104 » by Balkman32 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:06 pm

Mattv wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:I think the Thunder look at Adams and think hes the kind of guy that they want around this team. I doubt he is moved, unless its a really really good offer.

I agree some what but at the same time he is overpaid so there's not going to be to good of a trade for him and would fit be better with a team that is that is there 3rd or 4 year Rebuilding not there 1st year like OKC is. Just my opinion.

With a guy coming off a deal that is seen as an over pay, he might be willing to take less to stay on the next contract. His next contract is where the value is. If he is willing to take $15 million a year to be here that's a steal.
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Post#105 » by Mattv » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:14 pm

I disagree I think Adams will definitely be traded After J. Grant was traded I feel like it going a full rebuild.
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Post#106 » by Mattv » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:40 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Mattv wrote:I agree some what but at the same time he is overpaid so there's not going to be to good of a trade for him and would fit be better with a team that is that is there 3rd or 4 year Rebuilding not there 1st year like OKC is. Just my opinion.

Adams just turned 26. Nick Collison was 27 in Presti's first year as GM of the franchise. While I am not disagreeing with you on the timeline, although by that argument trading for Porter Jr. would have the same timeline issue, I expect Presti to keep Adams to try to teach toughness and push work ethic on the wave of young players that OKC will be drafting over the next few years. Adams will likely be 30-31 when OKC has a realistic chance to be a contender again, but his salary will be dropping down enough by the time the potential rookie scale contracts will be ending for bigger contracts that he won't be effecting the ability to extend them and keep the team together.

Yes Presti also had Durant.Plus Collison never made anywhere close to what Adams does.I love what Adams does on the floor but Okc is in the start of a full rebuild not 2 or 3 years in plus I don't see Adams getting much better than he is now. Sure he will score more and all of his numbers will go up because he will get a lot more chances plus the ball is going to move more. Adams deserves to play on a team that at least has a Chance to contend for a Championship it the next 2 or 3 year plus Okc need to develop younger players while getting higher picks in the draft. Porter is just there for a for money if he plays all year like he did with the bulls then Okc would have to think about keeping him if he falls of to what he was a Wizards and want more than 15 to 20 million Okc let's him Walk.Okc would have 80+ mil to take in bad contracts for picks or young players they like or could do what the Nets did for so long and offer restricted Free Agents That fit with there timeline and hope to land them.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:53 am

Mattv wrote:Yes Presti also had Durant.Plus Collison never made anywhere close to what Adams does.I love what Adams does on the floor but Okc is in the start of a full rebuild not 2 or 3 years in plus I don't see Adams getting much better than he is now. Sure he will score more and all of his numbers will go up because he will get a lot more chances plus the ball is going to move more. Adams deserves to play on a team that at least has a Chance to contend for a Championship it the next 2 or 3 year plus Okc need to develop younger players while getting higher picks in the draft. Porter is just there for a for money if he plays all year like he did with the bulls then Okc would have to think about keeping him if he falls of to what he was a Wizards and want more than 15 to 20 million Okc let's him Walk.Okc would have 80+ mil to take in bad contracts for picks or young players they like or could do what the Nets did for so long and offer restricted Free Agents That fit with there timeline and hope to land them.

Presti drafted kd. That is like saying he has SGA. Adams' contract ends in two years which means he shouldn't be making anywhere near what he is now at that point. There are no FAs next off-season worth chasing not that OKC would be likely to land them. The team will want cap space in two years if they are going to look to take bad contracts for picks and they are in position for that. They will move CP3 and Gallinari at some point.

Adams might get moved, but he doesn't have much value, which is why he is still on the team, and if no one is willing to give Presti enough to move him at this point I don't see how that changes. Either Presti keeps Adams on a much more reasonable contract long-term or he walks after the '20-'21 season. No team that is going to have cap space, like Atlanta, is going to blow that on Adams' contract when they could have much more efficient uses of that money.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Thoughts? We take on a horrible contract but we get a great prospect. We also dump some bad salary and a guy that I worry about becoming a malcontent. Gallinari by himself is worth a pick but he isn’t going to get you a prospect like culver by himself.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y336hxry
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:15 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Thoughts? We take on a horrible contract but we get a great prospect. We also dump some bad salary and a guy that I worry about becoming a malcontent. Gallinari by himself is worth a pick but he isn’t going to get you a prospect like culver by himself.

Your first flaw is thinking that Schroder adds value. I also think that if Minny were willing to use Culver to dump Wiggins then Minny would have dumped him already. I can't see Minny giving up Culver in a deal that doesn't make them much better at this point. They can let Wiggins' contract run and try to move him at the '20-'21 deadline for an expiring when there will actually be FAs to max and he will be owed less money.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Thoughts? We take on a horrible contract but we get a great prospect. We also dump some bad salary and a guy that I worry about becoming a malcontent. Gallinari by himself is worth a pick but he isn’t going to get you a prospect like culver by himself.

Your first flaw is thinking that Schroder adds value. I also think that if Minny were willing to use Culver to dump Wiggins then Minny would have dumped him already. I can't see Minny giving up Culver in a deal that doesn't make them much better at this point. They can let Wiggins' contract run and try to move him at the '20-'21 deadline for an expiring when there will actually be FAs to max and he will be owed less money.

Your first mistake is thinking I said Schroeder adds value. I specifically said we dump bad salary. Unless you think Gallinari is a bad contract.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:28 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Your first mistake is thinking I said Schroeder adds value. I specifically said we dump bad salary. Unless you think Gallinari is a bad contract.

You said Gallinari isn't getting you a prospect like Culver by himself. That implies that Schroder is the missing value. Unless you somehow think an expiring Gallinari and taking in Wiggins is worth Culver AND shedding Schroder. In which case I disagree. Gallinari for Wiggins is enough to shed Schroder, but that is in place of the pick that Gallinari is worth.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:07 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Your first mistake is thinking I said Schroeder adds value. I specifically said we dump bad salary. Unless you think Gallinari is a bad contract.

You said Gallinari isn't getting you a prospect like Culver by himself. That implies that Schroder is the missing value. Unless you somehow think an expiring Gallinari and taking in Wiggins is worth Culver AND shedding Schroder. In which case I disagree. Gallinari for Wiggins is enough to shed Schroder, but that is in place of the pick that Gallinari is worth.

Yes that is correct, Gallinari isn’t enough to get you Culver but he’s still a positive asset. The difference isn’t made up by adding schroder. It’s made up by taking backing a guy that is at best the third worst contract in the league. In this trade OKC is sending out around $53.5 million, of which $31 million is bad salary in Dennis. Minnesota is sending out $123 million minimum if culver were a bust and his team option wasn’t picked up after two years. Out of then$123 million, $111 million is bad money from Wiggins. If Minnesota takes Schroeder’s bad contract they still save $80 million in bad salary.

You can argue the numbers should be adjusted because Wiggins and schroder aren’t both worthless, just overpaid. Is schroder worth $5 million? Wiggins worth $8? million? Regardless, I don’t see how Minnesota could think the trade isn’t fair. Maybe they love culver but the rumors were that they wanted to get in the top four. My guess is they were going for a pg like garland.

Now that I look at the numbers I’m not even sure I like this for okc, especially for Cp3 is still here.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#113 » by Balkman32 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 pm

I don't know if Presti is willing to take on a contract longer than CP3's. That's the time line. 3 years to right the ship get a lottery pick in 2022 then gear up for the playoffs.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:29 pm

Thoughts on Jaylen Brown if he were available?
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#115 » by retrobro90 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:22 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Thoughts on Jaylen Brown if he were available?

I would avoid pretty much any player who's going to be a FA this summer given how thin the market is. Think Brown is all but guaranteed to be overpaid by next year. He's obviously talented and brings a lot on the defensive end but I'm done with this team constantly loading up on guys with little to no floor game. Think we could get a guy that brings most of what he does for much cheaper.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:44 pm

retrobro90 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Thoughts on Jaylen Brown if he were available?

I would avoid pretty much any player who's going to be a FA this summer given how thin the market is. Think Brown is all but guaranteed to be overpaid by next year. He's obviously talented and brings a lot on the defensive end but I'm done with this team constantly loading up on guys with little to no floor game. Think we could get a guy that brings most of what he does for much cheaper.

I tend to agree. I would love to get a second young guy to pair with shai but there really isn’t any realistic way to do it right only way that happens is if one of the young guys already on the roster become that guy.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:07 am

Hearing a lot of talk about Ntilikina having a good showing in fiba. I would take a shot on him.
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#118 » by jambalaya » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Don't think many contending teams offer much for Gallo. Maybe Miami, maybe Portland. With Heat could be a bigger deal. Olynyk would seem likely to be part of the return. Blazers might offer Whiteside and a pick at the deadline if Nurkic is healthy by then. Hornets might try to make an offer, if doing poorly or well. Not sure they have right stuff to offer, but there is also hope for a bigger deal and / or multi-team transaction.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:06 am

Admittedly this is too light for minny but the money works and could probably be adjusted to make it happen.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2tuwhnw
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#120 » by spearsy23 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:03 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Admittedly this is too light for minny but the money works and could probably be adjusted to make it happen.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2tuwhnw

I don't like it for Minny or us.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder