Off Season Trades

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#161 » by jambalaya » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:28 am

SGA (and maybe other) for Sabonis and other.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#162 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:36 am

jambalaya wrote:SGA (and maybe other) for Sabonis and other.

Maybe we can add some first round picks too. Hopefully unprotected. Cash considerations too.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#163 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:37 am

NYG wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

No. Okc sends out $134,817,183 and receives $154,716,853 over more years.

I'd do it. Either Wiggins improves or we're in the same situation as now but with a better draft pick. Maybe not dieng though. Wiggins/Teague?

Would adding Teague and Schroder make a difference?

Yea getting rid of schroder helps. It’s not a deal that’s overly exciting from my point of view.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#164 » by jambalaya » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:15 am

SGA with an assist rate smaller than probably anyone could have imagined. Horrible raw plus minus on court in preseason. Better change.

Looks awful unless they get Schroder glossed and then traded.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:47 am

Making trades based on preseason seems like a really solid idea.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#166 » by spearsy23 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:36 am

Sabonis would be an ideal pairing with sga. Too bad we don't have anything to offer. I'd float a Gallo + pick offering, but that still seems light.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#167 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:41 am

spearsy23 wrote:Sabonis would be an ideal pairing with sga. Too bad we don't have anything to offer. I'd float a Gallo + pick offering, but that still seems light.

I thought you were against paying for bigs since they aren’t as valuable in today’s game. Sabonis is likely to command a big pay day, especially with this FA class.
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#168 » by CROklahoma » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:48 pm

If Sabonis would be given keys of the franchise, which in this moment, OKC's situation would be it, think he would really start to blossom. Some kind of a light, more mobile Jokic would be my comparison.

SGA, Sabonis, and hope one of Diallo/Bazely/Patton turns out good, and we have a new start.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#169 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:01 pm

When Indiana traded Paul George they apparently weren't looking for picks. They wanted proven players. They like Vic and Sabonis hat's why it worked out for OKC. In this scenario its a harder fit if that's what they want. I've read some Indiana fans saying that they likely want a player that is young and can play the sf/pf position. Gallo would be a rental and I don't see a good way to make salaries match. Maybe Indy likes Ferguson but I've never heard any other team talk favorable about Ferg. He's just a dude that no one notices. I could see them like OG since he's a former Hoosier too.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Read on Twitter

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. Royce has said that Sam Presti views Dennis Schroder as a "tradeable asset". Players like Brown, Hield and Sabonis are definitely viewed as assets by Sam even if they are about to get paid. I don't think the thunder are scared about paying guys that are 22-25 years old.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#171 » by Pillendreher » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:58 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. Royce has said that Sam Presti views Dennis Schroder as a "tradeable asset". Players like Brown, Hield and Sabonis are definitely viewed as assets by Sam even if they are about to get paid. I don't think the thunder are scared about paying guys that are 22-25 years old.

At this point the money doesn't matter at all. They don't even have a handful of guys on the roster that are for sure with the Thunder long term.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,070

Post#172 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:35 pm

I think OKC will wait 1 or 2 years before signing long terms deals. I would do it if we had another young prospect with SGA.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,023

Post#173 » by slick_watts » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:34 pm

sabonis is going to be an all-star. maybe even better than that. his linear progression his first three season is somewhat astounding. he's like a really smart david lee who can shoot threes and cares about defense. i would not give any assets for brown or the other rfa's but i would for sabonis. he fits the timeline and there's potential there for meteoric progression. hield is like 37 and i don't think will get much better and brown is sneaky-bad.

the thunder will have plenty of space to use cap space constructively after 'dre is gone next year, adams and schroder are gone the year after and so on. adding a piece like sabonis now and paying him wouldn't hurt much.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Sabonis isn’t his dad but he’s a good passer. Having guys like him and if Bazley develops, could be guys that are an ideal fit with Shai. I like the idea of making multiple players that can run the offense.
alessandrux
Starter
And1: 2,239

Post#175 » by alessandrux » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:26 pm

Do you think there is a chance we end up being Dion Waiters landing spot?
What would it take to take him on? Dennis Schröder + a small asset moving in our direction (slightly more favorable pick-protection or a second round pick)?
Moving Schröder would be very intruiging and Waiters might be a better fit for developing SGA (but less so for Ferguson and Diallo) but Waiters might be very disruptive for our locker room.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#176 » by spearsy23 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:21 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Sabonis would be an ideal pairing with sga. Too bad we don't have anything to offer. I'd float a Gallo + pick offering, but that still seems light.

I thought you were against paying for bigs since they aren’t as valuable in today’s game. Sabonis is likely to command a big pay day, especially with this FA class.

It's always context dependent. Right now I don't particularly care about the cap in general. On a team with multiple high volume scores I'd rather pay a minimum for a Lopez brother than twenty million for Steven, but that doesn't mean I'd make that trade in the position we're in now.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#177 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:48 am

alessandrux wrote:Do you think there is a chance we end up being Dion Waiters landing spot?
What would it take to take him on? Dennis Schröder + a small asset moving in our direction (slightly more favorable pick-protection or a second round pick)?
Moving Schröder would be very intruiging and Waiters might be a better fit for developing SGA (but less so for Ferguson and Diallo) but Waiters might be very disruptive for our locker room.

Dennis Schröder also has previous locker room issues. If we could swap Dennis for Dion I would be happy with that.
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#178 » by jambalaya » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:19 am

I'd be "willing' to trade anyone. I'd actively seek trades for most. That was the case well before the first game and after.

Few on current team should be on it in 2-3 years. Probably more will be than should.
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#179 » by kdthunderup » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:53 am

Schroeder is great for the tank, this team without him may actually end up with a positive record.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#180 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:19 pm

We should have went after Sabonis.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder