3/25 | G74: Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies - 7PM CST

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 817

Re: 3/25 | G74: Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies - 7PM CST 

Post#21 » by 1bigfan13 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Here's one of the things I don't like about Steven Adams....and it actually supports the comments that Pillendreher has been mentioning about the Thunder intentionally devaluing Steven Adams by simply using him as a screener and battering ram.

Adams is so conditioned to clearing space so Russ can grab the rebounds for his precious triple doubles that he will often just stand and watch the ball bounce to the the floor instead of grabbing the rebound that he could have easily grabbed. And in many cases like last night, his lack of aggressiveness going for his own rebounds ends up costing OKC a possession.

Too bad we don't have a coach in place who will demand that Adams play with more all around aggression. Donovan seems content on allowing a $24 million player to simply coast from night to night.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect

Post#22 » by 1bigfan13 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Just saw that Nurkic broke his leg last night.

Anyone here feel sorry for him? I don't.

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,135

Post#23 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:36 pm

1bigfan13 wrote:Just saw that Nurkic broke his leg last night.

I hate him but I respect the player he's. Feel bad for Blazers fans and hope he will come back healthy.

We pretty much killed our chances to finish 5th yesterday. Playing the Blazers without Nurkic would have been great...but of course our players don't want to make an extra effort against bad teams so we will have to face golden state or houston :(
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect

Post#24 » by 1bigfan13 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:

I hate him but I respect the player he's. Feel bad for Blazers fans and hope he will come back healthy.

We pretty much killed our chances to finish 5th yesterday. Playing the Blazers without Nurkic would have been great...but of course our players don't want to make an extra effort against bad teams so we will have to face golden state or houston :(

Meh, even without Nurkic and CJ Mcollum this Thunder team would have found a way to lose to the Blazers in 5 or 6 games.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#25 » by SecondTake » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Burton played 7 minutes and finished with by far the best +/- of anyone on the Thunder.

He was locking it down on defense and made some highlight reel passes. So Billy subs him out and we get slaughtered.

At this point not only should Burton be getting heavy bench minutes, I think we should start thinking about starting him. He has Ferguson like defensive ability (without the fouling, since he doesn't have to overcompensate for his lack of weight), and is a much better passer and finisher at the hoop.

Anytime Burton gets minutes he proves that he's the difference maker. It happens almost every time. So why is this kid not being played? It's time to face reality. Burton is the answer.
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#26 » by SecondTake » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:10 pm

TheGreatSatan wrote:These idiots are trying the best they can to get GS in the first round.

If they don't care anymore, why would I? I don't think I'll watch a single game anymore, I'm done...

That might be the best thing though. WB is going to be extra motivated against a KD Warriors team, and that fire might light everyone else up too. We could take them down in the first round, the rest of the playoffs after that wouldn't seem so tough.
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#27 » by SecondTake » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:12 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:

Huh? We're only 1 GB. We could finish 5th if we start playing like we used to.
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by 1bigfan13 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 pm

SecondTake wrote:Burton played 7 minutes and finished with by far the best +/- of anyone on the Thunder.

He was locking it down on defense and made some highlight reel passes. So Billy subs him out and we get slaughtered.

At this point not only should Burton be getting heavy bench minutes, I think we should start thinking about starting him. He has Ferguson like defensive ability (without the fouling, since he doesn't have to overcompensate for his lack of weight), and is a much better passer and finisher at the hoop.

Anytime Burton gets minutes he proves that he's the difference maker. It happens almost every time. So why is this kid not being played? It's time to face reality. Burton is the answer.

I'm just wondering when Donovan is going to make an adjustment of any type to the starting lineup. I agree Burton should be getting Ferguson's starter's minutes but at this point I'll take any kind of adjustment.

We're going on 2 months now where the starters consistently get off to slow starts and there hasn't been a single adjustment to the starting 5. Aside from games that starters missed due to injuries or suspension we roll out the same 5 guys and get steamrolled out of the gate Every. Single. Night. No matter the opponent.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#29 » by Pillendreher » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:31 pm

SecondTake wrote:Burton is the answer.

This is you, isn't it?

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder