--- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- ---
Image | NBA.com | Image | Thunder.com | Image | ESPN.com/NBA
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Re: 3/27 | G75: Indiana Pacers at Oklahoma City Thunder - 7PM CST 

Post#2 » by Pillendreher » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:47 am

My Pacers will win this.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#3 » by ducler » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#4 » by NaturalThunder » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:17 am

Nationally televised game at a reasonable time and this is the third post on the game thread.

Shows you how over this season Thunder fans are. Something drastic has to change in the off-season.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,399

Post#5 » by RunOKC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:35 am

NaturalThunder wrote:Nationally televised game at a reasonable time and this is the third post on the game thread.

Shows you how over this season Thunder fans are. Something drastic has to change in the off-season.

Most people are speechless at how bad we are playing/not watching I guess :)
acheema0
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#6 » by acheema0 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:18 am

Damn it's really crazy how much better Steve (and the entire team) looks when he gets to touch the ball on plays other than offensive rebounds and isn't used as a shield for russ and pg to stand behind and take terrible shots. Who could have possibly seen this coming?
alessandrux
Starter
And1: 2,239

Post#7 » by alessandrux » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:27 am

I don't want to list the (obviously existing) negatives and rather point out the positives:
- A win.
- The pick-and-roll of Westbrook/Adams is alive and works.
- A closing lineup without Schröder.
- Westbrook on his way to average a triple-double for the third straight season. Impressive.
- We can go on a roll and are able to (at least in spurts) defend.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#8 » by Dn4sty » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:52 am

Adams and Grant 44 points, 19 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 blocks, 3 steals

What did I just watch?
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#9 » by RalphSampsonJr » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:55 am

Sweet that they got the win but the players inconsistancy is still an issue. Adams last game 2 points this game 25. Dennis last game 25 points this game 3.
Anderson Silva
Ballboy
And1: 20

Post#10 » by Anderson Silva » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 am

I'll take the win. But I am more confused now, about this team, than when i was when I hit puberty and i kept getting random boners for no reason.

Similar feeling though.
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#11 » by sleestak33 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:23 am

Amazing that Adams gets the ball throughout the game consistently and they win. The two games before this he got 7 shots and was basically nonexistent because for whatever reason they just decide they don't care about getting him involved. I don't know if it's coaching or the players but it's pretty clear to see this team plays like garbage when he doesn't get the ball. If they would replace 10-12 of those idiotic 3 pointers they take every game with shots by Adams many of these losses turn into wins but they act like layups and dunks aren't any good in the NBA anymore by bigs. There's really no reason he can't have games like that every night if Russ and PG commit to passing it to him and setting him up. This team really is baffling to watch because if they had just played smart basketball this season there's no reason they couldn't be a 3 seed right now.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#12 » by Pillendreher » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:39 am

acheema0 wrote:Damn it's really crazy how much better Steve (and the entire team) looks when he gets to touch the ball on plays other than offensive rebounds and isn't used as a shield for russ and pg to stand behind and take terrible shots. Who could have possibly seen this coming?

Get your own takes.

My Pacers got robbed.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#13 » by CROklahoma » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:51 am

What is going on with all that tapes around George's shoulder. We should really start resting him, if he is that banged ...
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,223

Post#14 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:36 am

The third quarter run is the kind of run that reinforces the idea that these guys can turn it on when they want. That might be true to an extent against a struggling Oladipo-less pacers but I’ve seen enough the last few years to know that it’s fools gold.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
CROklahoma
Junior

Post#15 » by CROklahoma » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:56 am

ThunderBolt wrote:The third quarter run is the kind of run that reinforces the idea that these guys can turn it on when they want. That might be true to an extent against a struggling Oladipo-less pacers but I’ve seen enough the last few years to know that it’s fools gold.

What are you talking about, lol.

Just because we went on a good stretch doesn't mean ****, this guys can't turn it on whenever they want simply because they didn't show a glimpse of that in past few years. We ain't GSW to turn switches around anyone on the league, we have proven nothing.

Stop with that nonsense, we are first round exit team for past few years and going forward, until proven otherwise.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,223

Post#16 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 pm

CROklahoma wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:The third quarter run is the kind of run that reinforces the idea that these guys can turn it on when they want. That might be true to an extent against a struggling Oladipo-less pacers but I’ve seen enough the last few years to know that it’s fools gold.

Just because we went on a good stretch doesn't mean ****, this guys can't turn it on whenever they want simply because they didn't show a glimpse of that in past few years. We ain't GSW to turn switches around anyone on the league, we have proven nothing.

Stop with that nonsense, we are first round exit team for past few years and going forward, until proven otherwise.

Seriously, are you a native English speaker? Did the fools gold reference go completely over your head?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#17 » by slick_watts » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:36 pm

acheema0 wrote:Damn it's really crazy how much better Steve (and the entire team) looks when he gets to touch the ball on plays other than offensive rebounds and isn't used as a shield for russ and pg to stand behind and take terrible shots. Who could have possibly seen this coming?

this whole adams thing is funny. adams has sucked since january. whatever excuses go along with that are fine (minutes), but he's just sucked. especially compared to last year. he's the worst center in the division this season if we're counting KAT as one. hardenASG13 is correct that adams is not worth his salary right now, but he does not grasp the idea that had the thunder not re-signed him it's not like they can just pick a random dude off the street to give that money to. we could just as well have nic batum at $25 million. or nothing for $0 million.

adams should be more involved offensively but it's difficult when most teams are just on their heels every pick and roll and ignoring westbrook.
CROklahoma
Junior

Post#18 » by CROklahoma » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
CROklahoma wrote:

Seriously, are you a native English speaker? Did the fools gold reference go completely over your head?

Ye sry missed the "reinforces" and "fool's gold" parts XD
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#19 » by Pillendreher » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:07 pm

slick_watts wrote:

this whole adams thing is funny. adams has sucked since january. whatever excuses go along with that are fine (minutes), but he's just sucked. especially compared to last year. he's the worst center in the division this season if we're counting KAT as one. hardenASG13 is correct that adams is not worth his salary right now, but he does not grasp the idea that had the thunder not re-signed him it's not like they can just pick a random dude off the street to give that money to. we could just as well have nic batum at $25 million. or nothing for $0 million.

adams should be more involved offensively but it's difficult when most teams are just on their heels every pick and roll and ignoring westbrook.

Maybe watch some games before you waltz in here trying to lecture people on things, huh pal. There is a vast difference between Adams being slow defensively and the team just completely ignoring him on offense, reducing him to the role of an enforcer that just clears space for his teammates.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#20 » by slick_watts » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

There is a vast difference between Adams being slow defensively and the team just completely ignoring him on offense, reducing him to the role of an enforcer that just clears space for his teammates.

he should be utilized more offensively. getting adams as many clean looks at or near the rim as possible would be a good goal to have. easier said than done. other than pick and roll or post-ups how else does he get involved? i'm not sure adams possesses the ball skills of nurkic. gobert and adams have similar usage. and russ // george prefer isolating to running plays anyhow.

i wonder if adams is having an aversion to getting fouled with the ball. career low FTr coinciding with a particularly rough season at the line.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder