Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,137

Re: 4/10 | G82: Oklahoma City Thunder at Milwaukee Bucks - 8:00PM CST 

Post#21 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:28 am

NaturalThunder wrote:49-33 season.

If this team didn't go full-on suck-mode from February 14th - March 31st, we likely would've finished 2nd in the West. Starting with the Pelicans loss right before the ASB, through March 31st, we went 7-14. We had some really bad losses in there, too. There's no reason, even with the tough schedule, we shouldn't have gone something like 11-10 (at worst) to 14-7 (at best) during that stretch.

PG13's injury is the main reason. We have no depth and only one scorer in our entire roster. That's a big issue :(

We need scoring so badly that even a guy like Abrines would help this team right now...
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#22 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:31 am

Well we still had great games during this season. MVPG in January/February. Sweeping the Blazers/Jazz and 3-1 against Houston etc.

Everything wasn't that bad but as always we miss one or two good role players to take the next step.
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#23 » by Osirus89 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:32 am

I would have been tempting to try to rest more of the starters but they really had no choice but to try to get this win. If they rested Russ, JG, SA they would have eliminated any control they had and resort to hoping Clippers lost since Spurs beat the Mavs. Having said that I have no idea why guys were playing up 20 late in the fourth.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#24 » by NaturalThunder » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:47 am

petros93 wrote:I don't think Blazers would want us so we're probably playing the Rockets! Lets get a rematch for Russ' MVP season playoffs. It will be tough for whoever wins the series though all games with Houston have been tight.

All games with Houston were tight except for one. I don't have any hope in that series lasting more than 5 games.

Game 1 (Nov. 8): We blew them out 98-80. But it was during the portion of the season where the Rockets were as disappointingly awful as we were in February and March.

Game 2 (Dec. 25): We lost 113-109. Solid, competitive back-and-forth game throughout. But the Rockets didn't have Chris Paul. I remember Austin Rivers (who the Rockets had recently signed) stepped up and hit a couple of big 3s in the 4th quarter.

Game 3 (Feb. 9): We won 117-112. We were down by 26 at one point in the 2nd quarter; down by 22 at the half; the Rockets still held a 23 point lead 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter. They took us out behind the woodshed and beat us like a dog for pretty much 2.5 quarters. We fought back and won, and it was great, but that wasn't a game we controlled throughout or anything. Not the type of win that instills a lot of confidence in how you match-up with a particular opponent. Especially when...

Game 4 (Apr. 9): We won 112-111. While not to the same extreme as the previous match-up with the Rockets, we still had to erase a semi-large deficit, this time with less time remaining in the game than in the third game. We were down by 9 at the half which means were almost-kinda-sorta "right there" but not really the whole first half. But the Rockets led by 15 with 30ish seconds remaining in the 3rd quarter before we scored at the end of the period. We pulled off another improbable comeback but, again, not the type of win that really instills a lot of confidence in how you match-up with a particular opponent.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#25 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:51 am

NaturalThunder wrote:
petros93 wrote:I don't think Blazers would want us so we're probably playing the Rockets! Lets get a rematch for Russ' MVP season playoffs. It will be tough for whoever wins the series though all games with Houston have been tight.

All games with Houston were tight except for one. I don't have any hope in that series lasting more than 5 games.

Game 1 (Nov. 8): We blew them out 98-80. But it was during the portion of the season where the Rockets were as disappointingly awful as we were in February and March.

Game 2 (Dec. 25): We lost 113-109. Solid, competitive back-and-forth game throughout. But the Rockets didn't have Chris Paul. I remember Austin Rivers (who the Rockets had recently signed) stepped up and hit a couple of big 3s in the 4th quarter.

Game 3 (Feb. 9): We won 117-112. We were down by 26 at one point in the 2nd quarter; down by 22 at the half; the Rockets still held a 23 point lead 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter. They took us out behind the woodshed and beat us like a dog for pretty much 2.5 quarters. We fought back and won, and it was great, but that wasn't a game we controlled throughout or anything. Not the type of win that instills a lot of confidence in how you match-up with a particular opponent. Especially when...

Game 4 (Apr. 9): We won 112-111. While not to the same extreme as the previous match-up with the Rockets, we still had to erase a semi-large deficit, this time with less time remaining in the game than in the third game. We were down by 9 at the half which means were almost-kinda-sorta "right there" but not really the whole first half. But the Rockets led by 15 with 30ish seconds remaining in the 3rd quarter before we scored at the end of the period. We pulled off another improbable comeback but, again, not the type of win that really instills a lot of confidence in how you match-up with a particular opponent.

Totally agree. Would be surprised if it goes to 6 games. Blazers resting all their players LOL. Hope Utah will sweep them.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#26 » by NaturalThunder » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:42 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:

Totally agree. Would be surprised if it goes to 6 games. Blazers resting all their players LOL. Hope Utah will sweep them.

Just had this realization.

We're going to finish 6th in the West. The teams that will finish 3rd, 4th, and 5th...we had an 11-1 record against this year.

We only have ourselves to blame for that, though.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder