Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 11,841
And1: 9,141
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#41 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Pillendreher wrote:It is kind of astonishing how fast perception of a player can change. Just a season ago Anthony Davis was this humble guy playing for a small market team. Now it looks like he's turned into a "I need the publicity" douchebag. Or maybe that was always the case and he just shut up while there was no clear route for him to leave New Orleans?


I'm sure he ends up staying in LA but it's interesting that he shows no indication to act like he's going to stay yet.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 18,614
And1: 7,128
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#42 » by spearsy23 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:50 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:It is kind of astonishing how fast perception of a player can change. Just a season ago Anthony Davis was this humble guy playing for a small market team. Now it looks like he's turned into a "I need the publicity" douchebag. Or maybe that was always the case and he just shut up while there was no clear route for him to leave New Orleans?


I'm sure he ends up staying in LA but it's interesting that he shows no indication to act like he's going to stay yet.

This feels kinda similar to the original Dwight trade. I doubt it plays out the same way, but I really hope it does. It would be hilarious to see the Lakers and Boston both dealing with this ****.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 11,841
And1: 9,141
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#43 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:51 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:It is kind of astonishing how fast perception of a player can change. Just a season ago Anthony Davis was this humble guy playing for a small market team. Now it looks like he's turned into a "I need the publicity" douchebag. Or maybe that was always the case and he just shut up while there was no clear route for him to leave New Orleans?


I'm sure he ends up staying in LA but it's interesting that he shows no indication to act like he's going to stay yet.

This feels kinda similar to the original Dwight trade. I doubt it plays out the same way, but I really hope it does. It would be hilarious to see the Lakers and Boston both dealing with this ****.

If AD leaves it could cripple the lakers for a decade since they’ve traded so many picks.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 18,614
And1: 7,128
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#44 » by spearsy23 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:01 pm

Pillendreher wrote:It is kind of astonishing how fast perception of a player can change. Just a season ago Anthony Davis was this humble guy playing for a small market team. Now it looks like he's turned into a "I need the publicity" douchebag. Or maybe that was always the case and he just shut up while there was no clear route for him to leave New Orleans?

It's probably telling that this is what happens with >50% of young Superstars. It may be time to stop assigning blame to these guys and just call it a reality of life. It's pretty much the same blueprint for everyone now.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 18,614
And1: 7,128
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#45 » by spearsy23 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
I'm sure he ends up staying in LA but it's interesting that he shows no indication to act like he's going to stay yet.

This feels kinda similar to the original Dwight trade. I doubt it plays out the same way, but I really hope it does. It would be hilarious to see the Lakers and Boston both dealing with this ****.

If AD leaves it could cripple the lakers for a decade since they’ve traded so many picks.

Jacknicholsonnodding.gif
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 11,841
And1: 9,141
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#46 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:35 pm

After going 1-6 from three, Russ follows it up with a 3-11 performance today. That’s right, he took 11 threes, lol.
User avatar
Pillendreher
RealGM
Posts: 13,998
And1: 9,678
Joined: Jan 25, 2015
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#47 » by Pillendreher » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:After going 1-6 from three, Russ follows it up with a 3-11 performance today. That’s right, he took 11 threes, lol.


Shooters shoot.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
Posts: 943
And1: 576
Joined: Jul 18, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#48 » by RalphSampsonJr » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:09 am

ThunderBolt wrote:After going 1-6 from three, Russ follows it up with a 3-11 performance today. That’s right, he took 11 threes, lol.


Not gonna miss that!
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 18,614
And1: 7,128
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#49 » by spearsy23 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:45 pm

Zion is going to be a thing. I thought he'd really struggle this year, but whew.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 11,841
And1: 9,141
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#50 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:57 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Zion is going to be a thing. I thought he'd really struggle this year, but whew.

As much of a freak as he is right now, it’s crazy to imagine what he’s going to be like with a couple more years in the weight room and conditioning. The kid is so humble. He’s impossible not to root for.
User avatar
Pillendreher
RealGM
Posts: 13,998
And1: 9,678
Joined: Jan 25, 2015
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#51 » by Pillendreher » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 am

I for one am already weary of the hype.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 18,614
And1: 7,128
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#52 » by spearsy23 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Pillendreher wrote:I for one am already weary of the hype.

Germans are renowned for hating fun, so this isn't surprising.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
User avatar
Pillendreher
RealGM
Posts: 13,998
And1: 9,678
Joined: Jan 25, 2015
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#53 » by Pillendreher » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:48 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:I for one am already weary of the hype.

Germans are renowned for hating fun, so this isn't surprising.


Image
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
wco81
General Manager
Posts: 7,935
And1: 2,031
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#54 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:52 am

Fisrt game for Westbrook with Rockets. Not a bad stats line. He took most shots for the team with Harden in foul trouble. Harden didn’t have a great game either.

But many of his points came from attacking the rim, making or drawing fouls. He didn’t shoot bad from 3 but he’s going to get some looks.
User avatar
Pillendreher
RealGM
Posts: 13,998
And1: 9,678
Joined: Jan 25, 2015
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#55 » by Pillendreher » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:24 am

Read on Twitter


So proud.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 11,841
And1: 9,141
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#56 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:29 am

wco81 wrote:Fisrt game for Westbrook with Rockets. Not a bad stats line. He took most shots for the team with Harden in foul trouble. Harden didn’t have a great game either.

But many of his points came from attacking the rim, making or drawing fouls. He didn’t shoot bad from 3 but he’s going to get some looks.

He was average for three quarters and had a really good fourth. Overall I wouldn’t describe anything I saw as drastically different than last year. He shot 41% from the field, 63% from the free throw line, made some great passes and had a good night shooting threes. A lot of his jumpers were barely drawing iron. Even though he was 3-7 from three, that’s fools gold. The rest of the rockets were horrible.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 18,614
And1: 7,128
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#57 » by spearsy23 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:22 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
wco81 wrote:Fisrt game for Westbrook with Rockets. Not a bad stats line. He took most shots for the team with Harden in foul trouble. Harden didn’t have a great game either.

But many of his points came from attacking the rim, making or drawing fouls. He didn’t shoot bad from 3 but he’s going to get some looks.

He was average for three quarters and had a really good fourth. Overall I wouldn’t describe anything I saw as drastically different than last year. He shot 41% from the field, 63% from the free throw line, made some great passes and had a good night shooting threes. A lot of his jumpers were barely drawing iron. Even though he was 3-7 from three, that’s fools gold. The rest of the rockets were horrible.

He absolutely took over the 4th until d'antoni sat him, and he did it without pounding the ball. It was all transition and rebounding. If harden and Gordon hadn't forgotten how to play basketball they could've cruised.

Gordon takes some God awful shots for a guy who isn't actually a great shooter.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 11,841
And1: 9,141
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#58 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:57 pm

Mavs are a lot of to fun to watch.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 18,614
And1: 7,128
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#59 » by spearsy23 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:13 am

Ja Morant is going to be an amazing player. He's so good, especially for someone who feels like he had such a long way to go before he's a finished product.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 18,614
And1: 7,128
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Around the NBA: FREE AGENCY EXTRAVAGANZA EDITION 

Post#60 » by spearsy23 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:20 am

Is seth the better curry?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder