Thunder Offseason Thread Part Deux: Rebuild

Moderator: Andre Roberstan

slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,197

Re: Thunder Offseason Thread Part Deux: Rebuild 

Post#601 » by slick_watts » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 pm

of course kd's unhappy. once he's retired or close to it and the bridges are mended it'll be better. the reconciliation between him and the thunder after he's done playing will be heart warming and much needed for both sides. this talk about harming himself and mental health is a little much.
ThunderBolt
RealGM
And1: 8,270

Post#602 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 pm

slick_watts wrote:of course kd's unhappy. once he's retired or close to it and the bridges are mended it'll be better. the reconciliation between him and the thunder after he's done playing will be heart warming and much needed for both sides. this talk about harming himself and mental health is a little much.

We only want whats best for him physically, mentally and spiritually.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,046

Post#603 » by spearsy23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:04 am

slick_watts wrote:of course kd's unhappy. once he's retired or close to it and the bridges are mended it'll be better. the reconciliation between him and the thunder after he's done playing will be heart warming and much needed for both sides. this talk about harming himself and mental health is a little much.

Because we only speculate about mental health with Westbrook.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,046

Post#604 » by spearsy23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:05 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

We only want whats best for him physically, mentally and spiritually.

(To stop talking)
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,197

Post#605 » by slick_watts » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:36 pm

spearsy23 wrote:

Because we only speculate about mental health with Westbrook.

westbrook's mental problems are all on the basketball court.
jambalaya
Rookie
And1: 191

Post#606 » by jambalaya » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Who might Presti "try for" by trade or free agency in next few years? Derrick White? Who else? I don't see a lot of obvious candidates (assuming he isn't going to go for Blake at his age). Looney?

Not big names but might be pursued for a role: Josh Hart? Austin Rivers?
ThunderBolt
RealGM

Post#607 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:00 pm

It really depends on a lot of factors. On one hand presti has said that the rebuild hasn’t started yet because the tear down isn’t complete. On the other hand Sam made comments about rebuilds happening much quicker nowadays.

Personally I don’t think there is any point in making trades for role players until there are at least 2, preferably 3 core players in tact.

I could also see Sam wanting to get into the playoffs ASAP with a young team to establish a winning culture. Then again Sam made comments about needing better picks to get better players. That implies needing to be somewhat bad to have a realistic shot.

All that being said, Zach Lavine wouldn’t surprise me.
Dn4sty
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#608 » by Dn4sty » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:02 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:It really depends on a lot of factors. On one hand presti has said that the rebuild hasn’t started yet because the tear down isn’t complete. On the other hand Sam made comments about rebuilds happening much quicker nowadays.

Personally I don’t think there is any point in making trades for role players until there are at least 2, preferably 3 core players in tact.

I could also see Sam wanting to get into the playoffs ASAP with a young team to establish a winning culture. Then again Sam made comments about needing better picks to get better players. That implies needing to be somewhat bad to have a realistic shot.

I fully expect a deal like this, especially if OKC also would get someone like WCJ out the deal as well
ThunderBolt
RealGM

Post#609 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:It really depends on a lot of factors. On one hand presti has said that the rebuild hasn’t started yet because the tear down isn’t complete. On the other hand Sam made comments about rebuilds happening much quicker nowadays.

I fully expect a deal like this, especially if OKC also would get someone like WCJ out the deal as well

Aren’t the bulls super high on WCJ? Or are you thinking this deal happens later on down the road?
DoubleJ13
Junior
And1: 144

Post#610 » by DoubleJ13 » Today 12:10 am

Was on youtube scrolling through stuff & saw they uploaded a Mike Muscala video that reminded me that they signed Mike Muscala.

This offseason has been pretty dumb.
ThunderBolt
RealGM

Post#611 » by ThunderBolt » Today 11:33 am

The Thunder's relationships with agents is intriguing to me.

Read on Twitter
?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder