2019-20 standings predictions

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

2019-20 standings predictions 

Post#1 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:08 pm

This place is dead. I still like basketball even in the offseason. Here’s my western conference predictions.

LAC
Utah
Denver
LAL
Houston
Golden state
San Antonio
Portland
Sacramento
Dallas
New Orleans
Oklahoma City
Minnesota
Phoenix
Memphis

* Clippers seem to be built deep enough to allow for George and Kawhi to not have to play every game.
* Denver and Utah are teams that I think could both have the best regular season record. I think they need more star power to win the west in the playoffs.
* I think the lakers are the opposite of Denver and Utah. I expect them to have more success in the playoffs than regular season. I also think it’s a good possibility they end up with CP3 in a three team trade.
* I struggle with Houston. I don’t like russ and Harden together and I think russ is on the declining. However Harden could lead the rest of the roster to the fifth seed by himself.
* I don’t think the warriors dynasty is over but I don’t think it’s back next year. Klay will likely make a full recovery but I don’t think he comes back and fits seamlessly with the new roster. He’ll be rusty I also don’t think DLO is there long term.
* I think the spurs will be better than last season. They get Murray back. I think Derozan will be moved. I am high on walker.
* I don’t like what Portland did this offseason. Nurkic’s injury is one that could take him an additional year to recover from. If they trade for Gallinari, I’ll like them a lot more.
* If they stay healthy, I think the kings make the playoffs depending on which teams above them have injuries.
* KP and Luka have a lot of potential however it doesn’t seem like the roster around them is great. Also, too many questions about KP’s recovery.
* I like the Pelicans roster but I think Zion will struggle this year. They are a couple years away. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jrue is moved at some point this year.
* Replacing russ with CP3 and PG with George might not seem like a big loss but we also loss grant. Who is his replacement? Bazley? I don’t see this team really trying to compete. Depending on how long CP3 and Gallinari are here, we could be the second worst team in the league.
* Besides Towns, who else does minny have to help them win games this year? Covington is about it. Culver and Okogie have potential but they aren’t ready yet.
* Phoenix tanked all last year for Cameron Johnson. Besides Bridges, I don’t love anyone on their roster.
* I love JJJ. If Morant is the real deal then Memphis has a nice future ahead of them despite some really dumb front office moves. That being said, they are years away.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder