2019-20 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,026

Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread 

Post#161 » by slick_watts » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/19/4537664/kevin-durant-thunder-contract-nba-repay-lockout

https://www.slamonline.com/archives/nba-to-reimburse-okc-thunder-portion-of-kevin-durants-contract-extension/

Technically it was his agent that demanded it and not kd, but since agents work for players I give kd the credit for going after maximum money from OKC. I also give kd credit for taking less with GS so they could keep other players. Unless you are going to tell me his agent pushed for the most money at one point then settled for less at another and kd is just a puppet for his agent.

i mean, you're being sneaky and disingenuous. tom ziller reports that durant's agent "pointed out" that durant should be eligible for the rose rule. that's a little different from a demand, and i think is something any agent would have "pointed out" as their commission is tied to the value of their client's contract and this issue with durant and the rose rule was reported by coon and other capologists as soon as it was announced as part of the new cba.

also there's nothing in either of those articles suggesting that durant 'had the fifth year' thrown in as part of this process. it was always a five year extension, and that was seen as a concession made by durant by everyone at the time.
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect
And1: 328

Post#162 » by Atomic Punk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Pillendreher wrote:I miss Paul George.

He plays for the Clipper now. If you miss him, go watch their games.
Oh, and Harden plays for the Rockets. You seem to miss him a bunch too. No need, go watch him.
But for Christ’s sake, get over the past and what could have been already.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#163 » by spearsy23 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:05 pm

Atomic Punk wrote:

Oh, and Harden plays for the Rockets. You seem to miss him a bunch too. No need, go watch him.

Seriously?

I don't understand people coming in posting for the first time all season and telling someone to go away...
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect

Post#164 » by Atomic Punk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Atomic Punk wrote:

I just looked at the schedule. Good news, you’re in luck! OKC plays the Clips tomorrow! You will have the chance to be happy and miserable at the same time.
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect

Post#165 » by Atomic Punk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:07 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:

Seriously?

I don't understand people coming in posting for the first time all season and telling someone to go away...

I’m not telling anyone to go away. I have purposely stayed away because I was expecting this nonsense. Suspicion confirmed.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#166 » by slick_watts » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Atomic Punk wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:

Seriously?

I’m not telling anyone to go away. I have purposely stayed away because I was expecting this nonsense. Suspicion confirmed.

what are we allowed to talk about, dad?
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect

Post#167 » by Atomic Punk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:32 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Seriously?

The usual son. The past and what could have/should have been, how much Presti and Billy D suck, how much Schroeder sucks, how much Westbrook sucked or was the greatest, or both.....carry on.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#168 » by slick_watts » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Atomic Punk wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:

The usual son. The past and what could have/should have been, how much Presti and Billy D suck, how much Schroeder sucks, how much Westbrook sucked or was the greatest, or both.....carry on.

still waiting for westbrook to age backwards, are you?
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect

Post#169 » by Atomic Punk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

Not at all. I have done a complete 180 on him. Watching him with a new team and watching an arguably less “talented” OKC team perform without him I realize he was as much a part of the problem as the solution. I was over him, PG, and Harden the day they were traded.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by slick_watts » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Atomic Punk wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:

Not at all. I have done a complete 180 on him. Watching him with a new team and watching an arguably less “talented” OKC team perform without him I realize he was as much a part of the problem as the solution. I was over him, PG, and Harden the day they were traded.

mazel tov!
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect

Post#171 » by Atomic Punk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:50 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

mazel tov!

I am a fan of the franchise before I am a fan of any individual player. Back in the day I got attached to GP and Kemp and actually got to spend a little time with them. That made seeing them get traded that much harder. These days I just watch and root for whomever the team trots out on the floor. The expectations are and will remain low for some time. I’m totally fine with the cyclical nature of the game. Take care.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#172 » by spearsy23 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:59 am

Bets on which player? My money is on nerlens
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#173 » by Old Man Game » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:29 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/19/4537664/kevin-durant-thunder-contract-nba-repay-lockout

https://www.slamonline.com/archives/nba-to-reimburse-okc-thunder-portion-of-kevin-durants-contract-extension/

Technically it was his agent that demanded it and not kd, but since agents work for players I give kd the credit for going after maximum money from OKC. I also give kd credit for taking less with GS so they could keep other players. Unless you are going to tell me his agent pushed for the most money at one point then settled for less at another and kd is just a puppet for his agent.

i mean, you're being sneaky and disingenuous. tom ziller reports that durant's agent "pointed out" that durant should be eligible for the rose rule. that's a little different from a demand, and i think is something any agent would have "pointed out" as their commission is tied to the value of their client's contract and this issue with durant and the rose rule was reported by coon and other capologists as soon as it was announced as part of the new cba.

also there's nothing in either of those articles suggesting that durant 'had the fifth year' thrown in as part of this process. it was always a five year extension, and that was seen as a concession made by durant by everyone at the time.

Exactly, the 5th year with no option was the concession I had in mind. Harden didn't give Presti any of those little symbolic concessions in his negotiation so he had to be shipped out of town. (At least that's my theory)
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by slick_watts » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:04 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Bets on which player? My money is on nerlens

steven adams.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#175 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sam is much more interested in publicity now that the team lacks a superstar.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
alessandrux
Starter
And1: 2,239

Post#176 » by alessandrux » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:24 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Sam is much more interested in publicity now that the team lacks a superstar.

I am surprised that the Westbrook critics haven't shown up to blame him and his ''no media''-aura.

I am positively surprised by the team and the season, we play enjoyable(at least to me) basketball (lots of ball-movement, many opportunites for the young players and highly energetic) and are still losing enough games to retain good draft chances.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#177 » by Pillendreher » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:18 am

ThunderBolt wrote:Sam is much more interested in publicity now that the team lacks a superstar.

Public interest in the franchise is necessary to maintain the illusion of relevance.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#178 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:18 pm

When you look at where we are in the standings, its pretty ideal. We are in contention with the bottom feeders most of those teams are likely to get better as a result of experience or getting players back from injury- Portland, Kings, Suns and Pelicans. We're the only team that will likely get significantly worse at the deadline.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,383

Post#179 » by RunOKC » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:06 pm

The Thunder are a fun TEAM. Love seeing our young guys developing. Pretty good start to the rebuild as we could easily have a winning record right now, and be trying to push for the 7-8th seed if it continued into midseason. Hope Presti is able to find deals for CP and Gallinari before they become disgruntled or get injured.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#180 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:02 am

Is Adams turning in to one of the worst contracts in the league?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder