2019-20 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread 

Post#21 » by jambalaya » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:26 pm

Gallo playing as good as you could hope.

Big fall off in game 2 for Paul.

Adams very poor right now.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#22 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:27 pm

spearsy23 wrote:How long before we decide Steven actually is pretty terrible without Russ?

Possibly but russ missed games last year with his knee surgery and ankle sprain and I don’t remember Adams being the worst center in the league. He normally gives us a solid 40 games before he wears down.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#23 » by Pillendreher » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:29 am

Four games in, stats.nba.com says Adams has made just 10 of 31 shots in the paint. How is that possible?
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:53 am

Pillendreher wrote:Four games in, stats.nba.com says Adams has made just 10 of 31 shots in the paint. How is that possible?

Whatever the reason was that he struggled against Kanter last year in the playoffs, it’s still there. He’s becoming one of those players where every time he touches the ball, he does something negative-foul, turnover, missed shot, can’t secure rebounds, etc.

Edit- Horne says he has a knee injury.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
acheema0
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#25 » by acheema0 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Encouraging for the tank
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by jambalaya » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:48 pm

Early RAPM suggests Adams has had a positive impact. Defensive presence I guess. See where it is in 10 games.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#27 » by hardenASG13 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Wasn't this supposed to be the year Steven Adams was gonna show all the haters that Westbrook was holding him and his minimal ability to create his own offense back? Wasn't it supposed to show how he has moves and needed the ball so much more? Guy is a clown, Westbrook made him, hes a catch and dunk center who cant block shots. Dime a dozen.

Westbrook is still a monster, will average a trip double and lead the league in assists, again.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:39 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:Wasn't this supposed to be the year Steven Adams was gonna show all the haters that Westbrook was holding him and his minimal ability to create his own offense back? Wasn't it supposed to show how he has moves and needed the ball so much more? Guy is a clown, Westbrook made him, hes a catch and dunk center who cant block shots. Dime a dozen.

Westbrook is still a monster, will average a trip double and lead the league in assists, again.

Cool. Maybe you could post about it on the Houston board where your favorite players now play.
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by jambalaya » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:15 am

I havent focused on Bazley but in short glimpses he seems bigger than I expected. 208 pounds? I dunno. He is likely to get heavier (perhaps taller?). I don't see him as a SF. I don't see him as a PF really either. He might be neither.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:41 am

We are worse than expected. Memphis May finish higher than us, especially if we trade Gallo sooner rather than later. I really don’t see how it’s of benefit for either side to wait until the deadline. Give us a frp and be done.

The east has a lot of teams that are just average. I heard a lot of concern about the west being so good that even if OKC finished in the bottom of the western conference they wouldn’t have that bad off a record because of eastern conference teams. I’m not so sure I believe that. A lot of east teams have enough talent to win against one another and boost their win total. Warriors are the only team that might out-tank us.

Billy sucks.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#31 » by hardenASG13 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:Four games in, stats.nba.com says Adams has made just 10 of 31 shots in the paint. How is that possible?

Whatever the reason was that he struggled against Kanter last year in the playoffs, it’s still there. He’s becoming one of those players where every time he touches the ball, he does something negative-foul, turnover, missed shot, can’t secure rebounds, etc.

It's because he has limited post moves, bad thing for a center who plays exclusively in the post. He needs to be set up , and lost the guy who was the best at doing that. Tried to tell you all that for a few years. Could've been replaced by a center making 5 mil a year, like a javale McGee who started for a title team, who also could catch a ball and dunk it, and added some shooting w the extra $$. Gotta trust the advanced numbers though, I dont know what I'm watching!

Oh and for those wondering why Roberson is taking so much longer than other guys who have had the same injury? It's because those other guys, who came back a step slower, had other nba skills (shooting, playmaking, etc.) They were able to at least get back to nba level because of it. Robersons only nba skill was moving his feet well. That's probably gone.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:33 am

hardenASG13 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

It's because he has limited post moves, bad thing for a center who plays exclusively in the post. He needs to be set up , and lost the guy who was the best at doing that. Tried to tell you all that for a few years. Could've been replaced by a center making 5 mil a year, like a javale McGee who started for a title team, who also could catch a ball and dunk it, and added some shooting w the extra $$. Gotta trust the advanced numbers though, I dont know what I'm watching!

Oh and for those wondering why Roberson is taking so much longer than other guys who have had the same injury? It's because those other guys, who came back a step slower, had other nba skills (shooting, playmaking, etc.) They were able to at least get back to nba level because of it. Robersons only nba skill was moving his feet well. That's probably gone.

Adams is overpaid. Water is wet. Most people on this board have said that for a while, including myself. We’ve had this discussion before. You aren’t the only one that thinks so even if most don’t believe JaVale is the answer.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#33 » by Old Man Game » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:52 am

How is this thread lower than the offseason rebuild thread? Can Roberstan pin this or something?
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#34 » by Pillendreher » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:55 am

5 games in:

Passes per 100 18/19: 231.0
Passes per 100 19/20: 274.7 (+19 %)

Potential assists per 100 18/19: 43.5
Potential assists per 100 19/20: 34.9 (-20 %)

Adjusted assists per 100 18/19: 25.8
Adjusted assists per 100 19/20: 21.2 (-18 %)

Assist points created per 100 18/19: 56,1
Assist points created per 100 19/20: 41.5 (-26 %)

Miles covered offensively per 100 18/19: 9.0
Miles covered offensively per 100 19/20: 8.7 (-3 %)

Halfcourt ORtG per ctg 18/19: 92.8, 21st in the league
Halfcourt ORtG per ctg 19/20: 86.7, 23rd in the league

Expected eFG% (aka shot quality) per pbpstats.com 18/19: 53.4 eFG%, 3rd in the league
Expected eFG% (aka shot quality) per pbpstats.com 19/20: 49.9 eFG%, 30th in the league

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Old Man Game wrote:How is this thread lower than the offseason rebuild thread? Can Roberstan pin this or something?

Because there are like three people that are actually interested in the thunder team right now. The rest were just Russ fans.

Read on Twitter
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Old Man Game » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:32 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:How is this thread lower than the offseason rebuild thread? Can Roberstan pin this or something?

Because there are like three people that are actually interested in the thunder team right now. The rest were just Russ fans.

Read on Twitter

I'm still interested Thunderbolt. I'm committing to it right now. I'm still going to comment here this season. Maybe its just you and me by March but by god, we'll keep this place alive hell or high water. Even if I have to start posting tv reviews or something.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Old Man Game » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:33 pm

Even in a really off game last night I still like what SGA did to an extent last night. He just got stymied repeatedly by Whiteside. I think its one of those games he'll learn from.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:45 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm still interested Thunderbolt. I'm committing to it right now. I'm still going to comment here this season. Maybe its just you and me by March but by god, we'll keep this place alive hell or high water. Even if I have to start posting tv reviews or something.

Or worse...Nick Gallo tweets.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#39 » by Pillendreher » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:47 pm

I am still very interested in the Thunder. My main interest is Presti and Donovan getting fired though. Different priorities, I guess.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:50 pm

Old Man Game wrote:Even in a really off game last night I still like what SGA did to an extent last night. He just got stymied repeatedly by Whiteside. I think its one of those games he'll learn from.

I agree. It wasn't a good game by any means but not a discouraging one. I really hope Presti can get another decent young prospect in here this year to play alongside him. I know its a stretch but if Portland wants Gallo, I would really like for Presti to push for Simons and would be willing to add to a deal to get him. If we got a guy like him for Gallo, dumped dennis and fired billy, I would consider this season a massive success.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder