2020 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

Are you happy with the Thunder’s draft night decisions?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:08 pm

Yes
4
36%
No
2
18%
Not sure
5
45%
 
Total votes: 11

User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 14,431
And1: 12,408
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#501 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:30 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Apparantly Vit Krejci‘s knee injury was an acl and happened in September.
At least that injury isn't what it used to be. Seems like guys bounce back from that more often than not.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app

Yea it could be a blessing in disguise for us.p if he makes a full recovery.
cjmcallist
Junior
Posts: 295
And1: 104
Joined: Jul 27, 2018

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#502 » by cjmcallist » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Reflecting a bit:

Corey Evans hired from Rivals + All International Prospects this year = Presti didn't have confidence in the OKC local college scouts.

Like any other organization, talent drives the business. If Presti didn't think that our national scouting department did a good job this year, he put his eggs in a more trusted basket of his international scouts.

Interesting thought.
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,197
And1: 634
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#503 » by Balkman32 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Reflecting a bit:

Corey Evans hired from Rivals + All International Prospects this year = Presti didn't have confidence in the OKC local college scouts.

Like any other organization, talent drives the business. If Presti didn't think that our national scouting department did a good job this year, he put his eggs in a more trusted basket of his international scouts.

Interesting thought.


No. You build your board and select the top guy. You don't not take a kid because you don't think your scouts did a good job scouting him.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 14,431
And1: 12,408
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#504 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Reflecting a bit:

Corey Evans hired from Rivals + All International Prospects this year = Presti didn't have confidence in the OKC local college scouts.

Like any other organization, talent drives the business. If Presti didn't think that our national scouting department did a good job this year, he put his eggs in a more trusted basket of his international scouts.

Interesting thought.

No confidence in local scouts or American players in this years draft?
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,197
And1: 634
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#505 » by Balkman32 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:56 pm

mr570 wrote:I mean the second round is perplexing. But how can you not be excited about Poku?



Its the 2nd round - who cares. Poku is interesting. Any word on when he is coming over?
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,197
And1: 634
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#506 » by Balkman32 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:59 pm

jambalaya wrote:6-7 Ball handler / creator. Watching tape now. So far I like him a lot. Knee injury 2 months ago.



Does anyone know what the trade was here other than swaping 37 and 53?
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,197
And1: 634
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#507 » by Balkman32 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Does anyone know if James Johnson's contract is now on the Thunders cap sheet?
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 14,431
And1: 12,408
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#508 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:01 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
jambalaya wrote:6-7 Ball handler / creator. Watching tape now. So far I like him a lot. Knee injury 2 months ago.



Does anyone know what the trade was here other than swaping 37 and 53?

Cash considerations, I believe.
cjmcallist
Junior
Posts: 295
And1: 104
Joined: Jul 27, 2018

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#509 » by cjmcallist » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:09 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Reflecting a bit:

Corey Evans hired from Rivals + All International Prospects this year = Presti didn't have confidence in the OKC local college scouts.

Like any other organization, talent drives the business. If Presti didn't think that our national scouting department did a good job this year, he put his eggs in a more trusted basket of his international scouts.

Interesting thought.

No confidence in local scouts or American players in this years draft?

Not sure - maybe both?

Just trying to put myself in Presti's shoes. I don't think scouting or drafting is a science, it's in-exact.

I'm coming at it from the perspective of preferring to have more young guys now. So I'm wondering if there was a missed opportunity with 25 / 28 or if Pokusevski is really that talent.
cjmcallist
Junior
Posts: 295
And1: 104
Joined: Jul 27, 2018

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#510 » by cjmcallist » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:11 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Reflecting a bit:

Corey Evans hired from Rivals + All International Prospects this year = Presti didn't have confidence in the OKC local college scouts.

Like any other organization, talent drives the business. If Presti didn't think that our national scouting department did a good job this year, he put his eggs in a more trusted basket of his international scouts.

Interesting thought.


No. You build your board and select the top guy. You don't not take a kid because you don't think your scouts did a good job scouting him.

I think I'm wondering how the board was built - trusting scouting reports is a part of building the board. It's one variable among many.
User avatar
Old Man Game
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,418
And1: 3,686
Joined: Jul 15, 2012

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#511 » by Old Man Game » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Vit Kreji looks like a sort of Euro Roberson as far as that jumper. Legs all over the place when he lifts off.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 14,431
And1: 12,408
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#512 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:21 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Reflecting a bit:

Corey Evans hired from Rivals + All International Prospects this year = Presti didn't have confidence in the OKC local college scouts.

Like any other organization, talent drives the business. If Presti didn't think that our national scouting department did a good job this year, he put his eggs in a more trusted basket of his international scouts.

Interesting thought.

No confidence in local scouts or American players in this years draft?

Not sure - maybe both?

Just trying to put myself in Presti's shoes. I don't think scouting or drafting is a science, it's in-exact.

I'm coming at it from the perspective of preferring to have more young guys now. So I'm wondering if there was a missed opportunity with 25 / 28 or if Pokusevski is really that talent.

Sam seems to go left when others go right. In a weak draft, I think he was looking for value. I look at it like he likely thought this was a year to draft guys that would be ready in 2-4 years. Next year we likely draft for the more nba ready player. Even if only one of these guys because a role player, that’s not horrible for this draft.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 14,431
And1: 12,408
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#513 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Old Man Game wrote:Vit Kreji looks like a sort of Euro Roberson as far as that jumper. Legs all over the place when he lifts off.

I’ve heard satoransky as a comp on down to dunk pod.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,003
And1: 2,667
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#514 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:28 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Does anyone know if James Johnson's contract is now on the Thunders cap sheet?


James Johson was involved in the trade after all? Damn terrible trade if true ;(
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,197
And1: 634
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#515 » by Balkman32 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Does anyone know if James Johnson's contract is now on the Thunders cap sheet?


James Johson was involved in the trade after all? Damn terrible trade if true ;(


I don't know. He has till 5 today to pick up his $15M option. I am just assuming it was Johnson for the salary match.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 14,431
And1: 12,408
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#516 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:33 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Does anyone know if James Johnson's contract is now on the Thunders cap sheet?


James Johson was involved in the trade after all? Damn terrible trade if true ;(


I don't know. He has till 5 today to pick up his $15M option. I am just assuming it was Johnson for the salary match.

At worst he’s an expiring. We saved money on this trade. Rubio is guaranteed $35 million. Johnson only $16 million.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,003
And1: 2,667
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#517 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:37 pm

We can still S&T Gallo though?

If he isn't going to Atlanta (most likely), we have good chances about a S&T. Dallas/Miami/Bucks? may go for it
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,003
And1: 2,667
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#518 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:47 pm

I was fine to keep Adams but an Al Horford/Adams line up sounds terrible. Not a good fit and we need Horford to play for the rehab process to work.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 14,431
And1: 12,408
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#519 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:We can still S&T Gallo though?

Yes. Did you put money on a Gallo s&t?
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,003
And1: 2,667
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#520 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:51 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:We can still S&T Gallo though?

Yes. Did you put money on a Gallo s&t?


ahahahaha no. I know I asked 495 times but I was so pissed because we didn't trade him at the trade deadline (didn't want to let him walk and no reason to keep him at that time). Just hope we can get some kind of small value. Oubre probably gonna stay so not much more we can do.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder