Game 12 OKC Vs Philadelphia 76ers 7PM CST

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,216

Re: Game 12 OKC Vs Philadelphia 76ers 7PM CST 

Post#21 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:33 am

Did anyone else here the postgame interview where Nick Gallo asked CP3 about his performance and he said "they let me hoop tonight"? I may have misunderstood but I'm not sure if he was talking about the 76ers or OKC coaches. It kind of sound like he was saying the coaches let him play his game.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#22 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:38 am

Also, I would like to add that Tony Brothers does a great job of angering both fan bases any game that he officiates.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 am

Read on Twitter

Despite his numbers, Embiid looked passive all night. He didn't challenge shots at the rim like he normally does. WCS did a better job swatting shai's layups than Embiid did.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#24 » by Old Man Game » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:59 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Did anyone else here the postgame interview where Nick Gallo asked CP3 about his performance and he said "they let me hoop tonight"? I may have misunderstood but I'm not sure if he was talking about the 76ers or OKC coaches. It kind of sound like he was saying the coaches let him play his game.

I thought that was an interesting, open to interpretation, comment as well. He definitely played a bit more like his old self.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#25 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:50 pm

Vets like CP3 and Gallo have a lot of pride in their game. They are not going to lay down. Then you have SGA looking to prove himself. Those are 3 legit players. On nights when they get contributions by Schroeder, Tferg, and Adams they are not going to be a layup. Better watch out. They are only 1.5 games out of the playoffs.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#26 » by spearsy23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:14 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Despite his numbers, Embiid looked passive all night. He didn't challenge shots at the rim like he normally does. WCS did a better job swatting shai's layups than Embiid did.

Wcs is a Kentucky guy, he may have been more prepared for those odd angled layups.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#27 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:31 pm

Gallo was huge for us tonight. One of my favorite teammates, and we’ve only been together for a couple of months.“

I like the sound of that CP3! You had a great night as well!

Team is playing well at home. Just has to keep it up on the road and they could surprise some people.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Gallo was huge for us tonight. One of my favorite teammates, and we’ve only been together for a couple of months.“

Team is playing well at home. Just has to keep it up on the road and they could surprise some people.

I don’t doubt the Chris Paul may genuinely like Gallo, Shai and Bazley just as I like my friends but don’t want to work with all of them. Specifically I mean the younger guys and not Gallo.

I can’t help but wonder if Sam told Paul that he would make sure he were traded by the deadline if Paul would buy in to this role. Sam hopes that CP3s trade value improves. If it doesn’t, he’ll part with assets to move him. I hope that’s not the case but it’s in the back of my mind.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#29 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:14 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

I don’t doubt the Chris Paul may genuinely like Gallo, Shai and Bazley just as I like my friends but don’t want to work with all of them. Specifically I mean the younger guys and not Gallo.

I can’t help but wonder if Sam told Paul that he would make sure he were traded by the deadline if Paul would buy in to this role. Sam hopes that CP3s trade value improves. If it doesn’t, he’ll part with assets to move him. I hope that’s not the case but it’s in the back of my mind.

Most players of CP3 history want a chance to win so that is entirely possible. His contract is tough to move. With that said as long as they play to win I'm happy. :)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Spoiler:
Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Did anyone else here the postgame interview where Nick Gallo asked CP3 about his performance and he said "they let me hoop tonight"? I may have misunderstood but I'm not sure if he was talking about the 76ers or OKC coaches. It kind of sound like he was saying the coaches let him play his game.

I thought that was an interesting, open to interpretation, comment as well. He definitely played a bit more like his old self.

As I listen to it again it definitely doesn't sound like he's referring to the 76ers.

Read on Twitter
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Old Man Game » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:47 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

Woj had reporting during the summer that the sides both saw some value in waiting to stir up trades to include him possibly playing the entire year here.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:57 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

Woj had reporting during the summer that the sides both saw some value in waiting to stir up trades to include him possibly playing the entire year here.

I can’t see a full year happening and him thereafter having much trade value. If he hasn’t increased it enough to be moved at the deadline, I don’t see much happening after the deadline to make him moveable. Even if he ends the season playing well I could see teams being fearful that he has an offseason drop off like Mike Conley is having. Maybe I’m wrong but I think his window to increase his value is right now, not with another full year on the tires.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Old Man Game » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:27 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I don’t doubt the Chris Paul may genuinely like Gallo, Shai and Bazley just as I like my friends but don’t want to work with all of them. Specifically I mean the younger guys and not Gallo.

I can’t see a full year happening and him thereafter having much trade value. If he hasn’t increased it enough to be moved at the deadline, I don’t see much happening after the deadline to make him moveable. Even if he ends the season playing well I could see teams being fearful that he has an offseason drop off like Mike Conley is having. Maybe I’m wrong but I think his window to increase his value is right now, not with another full year on the tires.

I think the theory is less guaranteed money due after this season.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#34 » by Pillendreher » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:38 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:

Can we give Gallo a verified checkmark please? He is obviously posting here after the game. :D
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#35 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

Can we give Gallo a verified checkmark please? He is obviously posting here after the game. :D

Yes I'm Gallo minus around 12 inches, plus 20 years, and minus millions of dollars. :D :lol:

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder