Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Game 13 OKC @ LAC 9:30 PM CT 

Post#1 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,136

Re: Game 13 OKC @ LAC 9:30 PM CT 

Post#2 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:09 am

Did they mention that Roberson is out or they are over with this bull***?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#3 » by spearsy23 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:14 am

9:30 PM is too late to finish a gamer, let alone start it
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:25 am

spearsy23 wrote:9:30 PM is too late to finish a gamer, let alone start it

Get used to it. Back to back this week and then at golden state and Portland next week.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#5 » by spearsy23 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:06 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:9:30 PM is too late to finish a gamer, let alone start it

Get used to it. Back to back this week and then at golden state and Portland next week.

Have to be up at 0430, it just means I can't watch. I guess part of growing up is realizing sleep has to be at least somewhat of a priority. Still sucks. Those games could be an hour earlier.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:20 am

I didn’t stay up and watch this but I recorded it it. It doesn’t sound like it was worth watching. Schroder leading the team with 17fga attempts is a great representation of Billy’s offense. Shai continuing to struggle and passing up the easy shot for the hard one. I read Adams struggled pretty badly against harrel. The team shot 37%. Good thing we have CP3 or we might not have broke 70 points.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Early in the third quarter
Read on Twitter

Midway of the fourth quarter:
Read on Twitter

Postgame:
Read on Twitter
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#8 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:33 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I didn’t stay up and watch this but I recorded it it. It doesn’t sound like it was worth watching. Schroder leading the team with 17fga attempts is a great representation of Billy’s offense. Shai continuing to struggle and passing up the easy shot for the hard one. I read Adams struggled pretty badly against harrel. The team shot 37%. Good thing we have CP3 or we might not have broke 70 points.

I know Gallo (and maybe SGA) was too hyped to play his former team (the Clippers). He shot a lot and missed a lot early on which is unusual for him. I think he started 1-8 before hitting 2 of his last 5. Considering Gallo and SGA had off nights I think the team should be proud that this was such a close game. CP played well. The defense played well. Even in losses this team has played tight defense often this season.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#9 » by Pillendreher » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:00 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Let me guess: They had put Schröder on George.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Let me guess: They had put Schröder on George.

Schröder was in the game but Paul was the one guarding him. Still it’s unacceptable because it wasn’t like Dennis was having a good game on the offensive end. Even Dennis knew billy made a mistake.

From Horne’s article today-
Spoiler:

Clippers forward Montrezl Harrell set a good screen on Chris Paul, but a gifted scorer like George could feel the Thunder guard was a step behind him. A play before Paul was mouthy and confident, repeating “I play both ends” after stripping George and putting the Thunder ahead with two free throws.

Yet, if Terrance Ferguson was in, the 21-year-old would have been face-guarding his former teammate.

If all the main players knew the ideal matchup, why didn’t Thunder coach Billy Donovan in the 90-88 loss to the Clippers?

Ferguson knew, too, but he was standing behind a wall of Thunder players with a towel draped over his shoulders as George hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 25.3 seconds remaining. Andre Roberson hasn’t played in nearly two years and he was closer to the court than the guy who gave George and Lou Williams hell at the Staples Center on Monday night.

Dennis Schröder knew, later saying he should have sacrificed his spot for Ferguson, even if it meant he wouldn’t get to close the game.

Closing comes down to more than just players. When the Thunder had a chance to close out the Clippers, Donovan put them at a disadvantage.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder