Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: Game 16 OKC @ GSW 10:30 PM CT 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:18 am

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,072

Post#3 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:58 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Damn :(
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:31 am

Not surprised. The way he took off to the locker room you could tell he knew something was seriously wrong.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:35 am

This is pretty pathetic. I wonder if the teams traded coaches if billy would have a roster of g-leaguers play as hard as Kerr has them playing. Even without their stars golden states’ players know how to move the ball and find the open man. Meanwhile, we’ve tried to force passes to someone cutting to the basket all game that has resulted in multiple turnovers. I underestimate billy as a tank commander.

Also getting tired of watching Shai make dumb drives in to traffic. I’m not staying up for the second half. Maybe they’ll have a great second half. I have a feeling I’m the only one who made it this far into the game. I may post a reply to myself in the morning.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#6 » by Old Man Game » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:07 am

I've watched a lot of Thunder basketball but this may be the worst game I've ever seen. If they don't come back and win this somehow I'm calling this is the worst Thunder loss ever.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#7 » by NaturalThunder » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:35 am

I've been silent on here all season, so I don't know how much room I have to speak.

But yeah, this is the Warriors F-- squad. This is on its way to being a truly bad loss. On the one hand, I'm ok with that because I want our lottery position to be as high as possible. However, there really isn't any reason this team, constructed as is, should be 5-11 after 17 games.

Billy Donovan is a truly horrific NBA coach and the fact that he's still employed at this points is comical. I have no other words for Presti other than, "Presti is a dumb***."

Please, for the love of God, find a way to shop CP3 and Gallinari by the trade deadline and get a top 5 pick to pair with SGA.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#8 » by NaturalThunder » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:45 am

ThunderBolt wrote:This is pretty pathetic. I wonder if the teams traded coaches if billy would have a roster of g-leaguers play as hard as Kerr has them playing. Even without their stars golden states’ players know how to move the ball and find the open man. Meanwhile, we’ve tried to force passes to someone cutting to the basket all game that has resulted in multiple turnovers. I underestimate billy as a tank commander.

Also getting tired of watching Shai make dumb drives in to traffic. I’m not staying up for the second half. Maybe they’ll have a great second half. I have a feeling I’m the only one who made it this far into the game. I may post a reply to myself in the morning.

If our mission is to truly tank, then Donovan is definitely our guy. Our issue is that Presti ****ed up and left our roster too good to truly tank to a top 3-5 pick.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#9 » by NaturalThunder » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:48 am

How do you even get excited over this crap? We had to erase a 97-90 deficit in the last 2-3 minutes against the worst team in the NBA, with a G-League roster on the court, in order to get the win.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#10 » by Dn4sty » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:54 am

Road win @ Warriors = championship
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#11 » by NaturalThunder » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:57 am

Dn4sty wrote:Road win @ Warriors = championship

If only this were November 2017.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#12 » by Dn4sty » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:03 am

NaturalThunder wrote:How do you even get excited over this crap? We had to erase a 97-90 deficit in the last 2-3 minutes against the worst team in the NBA, with a G-League roster on the court, in order to get the win.

I actually had a ton of fun watching the game. The Warriors will surprise a bunch of teams in games this season, because no one will take them seriously.

As far as enjoying the game, we had the following

- Nader passing up a corner 3 to flail into an offensive foul
- A trillion Nerlens lobs
- constant Schroder frustration
- OBJ clone hitting EVERY mid range shot for GSW
- GSW fans randomly booing CP3
- enough bricks to build a significantly large house
- a Burton step back 3

I found it fun to watch
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 816

Post#13 » by 1bigfan13 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:57 am

Warriors and Knicks will probably keep a death grip on the race for the worst record in the NBA. Barring a major trade I don't think we'll have one of the 5 worst records in the league. My realistic hope is that OKC ends up no worse than the 8-10 range on draft day.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:20 am

NaturalThunder wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:This is pretty pathetic. I wonder if the teams traded coaches if billy would have a roster of g-leaguers play as hard as Kerr has them playing. Even without their stars golden states’ players know how to move the ball and find the open man. Meanwhile, we’ve tried to force passes to someone cutting to the basket all game that has resulted in multiple turnovers. I underestimate billy as a tank commander.

If our mission is to truly tank, then Donovan is definitely our guy. Our issue is that Presti ****ed up and left our roster too good to truly tank to a top 3-5 pick.

There is a balance between tanking and having a coach that can help young guys grow. Shai seems to have peaked after about five games this season. He doesn’t seem to be very confident right now. He’s shooting 40% from three yet passes up good looks and drives in to traffic and gets blocked. He didn’t even have an interim coach. Let’s tank with an interim coach.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,072

Post#15 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:22 am

they were better when we were both contending and now they are better than us at tanking :(
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#16 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:25 pm

That was a pretty 4th quarter comeback. They needed a road win. Apparently the coach got on them at the half. He told them they need to share the ball. Looking at the stats they listened. 4 guys with 5 assists or more. Yes I know GS is bad but even bad teams win occasionally. Take the W. They lost a few heartbreakers as well.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder