Who is our best young wing?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

TPV
Senior
And1: 144

Re: Who is our best young wing? 

Post#21 » by TPV » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:45 pm

Is there a consensus here? (And by here, I mean between Dort, Ferguson, Bazley, Diallo)

From what it looks like - it seems to be Dort right now, as he's scrappy and plays defense though he really doesn't have many offensive skills. Neither Diallo or Ferguson neither have a standout skill.

Bazley has the best tools and is the one I would bet on moving forward, though very early returns would make me question if he's even a high level bench player.

I love watching OKC - and it gets frustrating to see some of their young players not being able to do much on the floor right now.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#22 » by getrichordie » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:43 pm

I wonder what a line up of Paul/SGA/Bazley/Gallinari/Adams would look like.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#23 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:25 pm

If shai is going to be the future pg, I prefer to pair shai with another combo guard if possible. If a player like RJ Hampton falls in the draft, I would love to take a shot on a player like him.

I don’t consider Bazley a wing. I think he was showing some evidence of growth on the offensive end before his injury. He was making some really nice moves on the offensive end. Unfortunately he didn’t always finish the shot but that is growth, especially coming from a 19 year old. That’s why his injury is such a bummer. He’s the one player that I feel is most likely to make a decent jump over the offseason.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Thunder Up
Senior
And1: 197

Post#24 » by Thunder Up » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:18 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:If shai is going to be the future pg, I prefer to pair shai with another combo guard if possible. If a player like RJ Hampton falls in the draft, I would love to take a shot on a player like him.

I don’t consider Bazley a wing. I think he was showing some evidence of growth on the offensive end before his injury. He was making some really nice moves on the offensive end. Unfortunately he didn’t always finish the shot but that is growth, especially coming from a 19 year old. That’s why his injury is such a bummer. He’s the one player that I feel is most likely to make a decent jump over the offseason.

Bazley and Dort are looking like they can be very nice core pieces for the next 3-5 years to be honest.. if you know anything about the game you can see it (or could see it with regards to Bazley)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#25 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:21 pm

Thunder Up wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:If shai is going to be the future pg, I prefer to pair shai with another combo guard if possible. If a player like RJ Hampton falls in the draft, I would love to take a shot on a player like him.

Bazley and Dort are looking like they can be very nice core pieces for the next 3-5 years to be honest.. if you know anything about the game you can see it (or could see it with regards to Bazley)

Bazley and Dort both seem to be somewhat intelligent players. Diallo and Ferguson, not so much.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
mr570
Senior
And1: 293

Post#26 » by mr570 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:26 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Dort can't shoot. He did a good job giving max effort to look like a fringe NBA player until he started to experience the NBA grind and reality hit in that you can't give 110% effort every game and maintain that level. Dort is fundamentally sound on defense, but lacks length for bigger players and gives you nothing on offense.

Kizz what are your thoughts on Dort now?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#27 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:31 am

mr570 wrote:Kizz what are your thoughts on Dort now?

He got some needed rest during the all-star break and is back to going all out. I'm not sold that he is a long-term starter, but I could see him becoming a solid rotation player. I'm not sold on his shooting, 30% from 3 which is what he shot in college. However, I think he can get his shooting up a bit where he is a solid player. If we are talking long-term I think he could be a solid 6th man, although there is a chance he could become a solid starter.

I've warmed up to him some. I think they should cut Burton and give Dort a NBA contract. If they end up losing him this off-season it might come back to haunt them. I think Dort has a better chance to be a good player then Diallo. I think Diallo has a higher ceiling, but Diallo would have to spend an entire off-season with a shooting coach to become a league average shooter. I think Dort is more likely to reach his ceiling then Diallo is to reach his. Diallo's ceiling is Iguodala, but that requires him becoming a slightly above league average shooter. Without the shooting Diallo is limited to being a more athletic Roberson and that probably doesn't leave with much of a role with the other wings OKC has developing.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,056

Post#28 » by slick_watts » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:27 pm

kizz your comps are amusing.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder