Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

User avatar
retrobro90
Senior
Posts: 702
And1: 342
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#281 » by retrobro90 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Read on Twitter


Dirk was spotted at the OU game this week. How sick would this be?
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 13,721
And1: 11,573
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#282 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:11 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Been pretty dead in here. Wish we got some news as far as our coaching search. Windhorst on the Jump saying Vanterpoole, Griffin, and Will Hardy are the names he hears attached to OKC.

Still think that Phoenix makes the most sense as a mutual interest in a potential Chris Paul deal. Would def put them as a playoff team next year. They have some assets/salary OKC would covet.


From the VERY little I know, I'm ok with any of those guys getting the job. We don't have a ton to lose right now with whomever we hire.

Paul is a guy that fans on RealGm don't want but real life GM's are going to be trying to acquire. The return may not be huge but I believe there will be plenty of interest.
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 9,107
And1: 2,161
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#283 » by getrichordie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:55 am

In regards to transactions and trade ideas, I think it is important to discuss the financial situation in OKC right now.

According to the excel sheet I've put together, the Thunder are sitting at a total salary commitment of $95,282,352.00 which is about $3M below the minimum salary requirement.

http://bit.ly/okcvisionboard
:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD (updated 10/23/20)
[twitter] @thunderdustin
cjmcallist
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 74
Joined: Jul 27, 2018

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#284 » by cjmcallist » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:11 pm

getrichordie wrote:In regards to transactions and trade ideas, I think it is important to discuss the financial situation in OKC right now.

According to the excel sheet I've put together, the Thunder are sitting at a total salary commitment of $95,282,352.00 which is about $3M below the minimum salary requirement.

http://bit.ly/okcvisionboard

It looks like you expect them to decline the option on Burton, but pick up the team options on Diallo and Nader, if I have that right?

I agree with declining Burton's option. I think we'll keep Diallo, but I would expect them to decline Nader's option as well. He's 27 and hasn't shown much. We'd be better off on a minimum flyer type deal. That would put them at $93.6 instead of $95.2. Roughly $11m below the cap. Bring Roberson back on the minimum as a player-coach. Then, it's all about Gallinari's contract.

To S&T we have to keep his hold on our books, right? So we should be operating as an "over-the-cap" team regardless...
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 13,721
And1: 11,573
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#285 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:34 pm

Not saying that it means much but I've seen several trades from other teams with interest in Nader. He might have a bit of value.
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 9,107
And1: 2,161
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#286 » by getrichordie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:38 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
getrichordie wrote:In regards to transactions and trade ideas, I think it is important to discuss the financial situation in OKC right now.

According to the excel sheet I've put together, the Thunder are sitting at a total salary commitment of $95,282,352.00 which is about $3M below the minimum salary requirement.

http://bit.ly/okcvisionboard

It looks like you expect them to decline the option on Burton, but pick up the team options on Diallo and Nader, if I have that right?

I agree with declining Burton's option. I think we'll keep Diallo, but I would expect them to decline Nader's option as well. He's 27 and hasn't shown much. We'd be better off on a minimum flyer type deal. That would put them at $93.6 instead of $95.2. Roughly $11m below the cap. Bring Roberson back on the minimum as a player-coach. Then, it's all about Gallinari's contract.

To S&T we have to keep his hold on our books, right? So we should be operating as an "over-the-cap" team regardless...


I think there is a lot of appeal from a fiscal standpoint in just renouncing Gallinari's cap hold. They could choose to keep him depending on the assets they could net, but I'm quite skeptical given his performance in the playoffs. But yes, his cap hold could be a real thing that impacts how we operate in the offseason.

As far as Nader, I find it difficult to argue for declining his option. He could be a nice depth piece in a future trade with a contender that could mean the difference between us getting what we want and not. He's improved year over year it seems, and we don't have great wing depth, so I find it much more likely that we pick his option up barring some big offseason moves.
:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD (updated 10/23/20)
[twitter] @thunderdustin
cjmcallist
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 74
Joined: Jul 27, 2018

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#287 » by cjmcallist » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:44 pm

getrichordie wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:
getrichordie wrote:In regards to transactions and trade ideas, I think it is important to discuss the financial situation in OKC right now.

According to the excel sheet I've put together, the Thunder are sitting at a total salary commitment of $95,282,352.00 which is about $3M below the minimum salary requirement.

http://bit.ly/okcvisionboard

It looks like you expect them to decline the option on Burton, but pick up the team options on Diallo and Nader, if I have that right?

I agree with declining Burton's option. I think we'll keep Diallo, but I would expect them to decline Nader's option as well. He's 27 and hasn't shown much. We'd be better off on a minimum flyer type deal. That would put them at $93.6 instead of $95.2. Roughly $11m below the cap. Bring Roberson back on the minimum as a player-coach. Then, it's all about Gallinari's contract.

To S&T we have to keep his hold on our books, right? So we should be operating as an "over-the-cap" team regardless...


I think there is a lot of appeal from a fiscal standpoint in just renouncing Gallinari's cap hold. They could choose to keep him depending on the assets they could net, but I'm quite skeptical given his performance in the playoffs. But yes, his cap hold could be a real thing that impacts how we operate in the offseason.

As far as Nader, I find it difficult to argue for declining his option. He could be a nice depth piece in a future trade with a contender that could mean the difference between us getting what we want and not. He's improved year over year it seems, and we don't have great wing depth, so I find it much more likely that we pick his option up barring some big offseason moves.

I'll bite on the Nader option. So, that's ~$9m in cap space, if we renounce Gallo's rights. Add Roberson at the minimum and we're sitting around $6m in space, but over the team minimum requirement. Any thoughts on what to do with that space? Flyer on a young guy, or vet to balance out the roster?

I can't imagine that's enough space to take on a contract for a pick. Though, maybe shed some salary with a Schroeder or Adams trade, and then take on a vet contract for an asset?
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 9,107
And1: 2,161
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#288 » by getrichordie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:05 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:It looks like you expect them to decline the option on Burton, but pick up the team options on Diallo and Nader, if I have that right?

I agree with declining Burton's option. I think we'll keep Diallo, but I would expect them to decline Nader's option as well. He's 27 and hasn't shown much. We'd be better off on a minimum flyer type deal. That would put them at $93.6 instead of $95.2. Roughly $11m below the cap. Bring Roberson back on the minimum as a player-coach. Then, it's all about Gallinari's contract.

To S&T we have to keep his hold on our books, right? So we should be operating as an "over-the-cap" team regardless...


I think there is a lot of appeal from a fiscal standpoint in just renouncing Gallinari's cap hold. They could choose to keep him depending on the assets they could net, but I'm quite skeptical given his performance in the playoffs. But yes, his cap hold could be a real thing that impacts how we operate in the offseason.

As far as Nader, I find it difficult to argue for declining his option. He could be a nice depth piece in a future trade with a contender that could mean the difference between us getting what we want and not. He's improved year over year it seems, and we don't have great wing depth, so I find it much more likely that we pick his option up barring some big offseason moves.

I'll bite on the Nader option. So, that's ~$9m in cap space, if we renounce Gallo's rights. Add Roberson at the minimum and we're sitting around $6m in space, but over the team minimum requirement. Any thoughts on what to do with that space? Flyer on a young guy, or vet to balance out the roster?

I can't imagine that's enough space to take on a contract for a pick. Though, maybe shed some salary with a Schroeder or Adams trade, and then take on a vet contract for an asset?


Where are you pulling the $9M figure from? I thought the salary cap was sitting at $109M...
:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD (updated 10/23/20)
[twitter] @thunderdustin
cjmcallist
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 74
Joined: Jul 27, 2018

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#289 » by cjmcallist » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:57 am

getrichordie wrote:
Where are you pulling the $9M figure from? I thought the salary cap was sitting at $109M...

Ah, good question. I was using $115 as the cap, really was just using TradeNBA.com, and that is still using $115.
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 9,107
And1: 2,161
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#290 » by getrichordie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:09 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Where are you pulling the $9M figure from? I thought the salary cap was sitting at $109M...

Ah, good question. I was using $115 as the cap, really was just using TradeNBA.com, and that is still using $115.


Edit: Okay, I accidentally had 2020-21 listed with this past season's numbers. I've updated them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pbWHTopePrJuCtEyPml3TPdbmpjbORdZ_LQs8CYqN_s/edit#gid=0

Looks like if we don't pick up any options but Nader and Muscala and renounce Gallinari, we will have ~$3.8M in cap space after accounting for a little dead cap in the form of Patterson and Singler.
:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD (updated 10/23/20)
[twitter] @thunderdustin
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 9,107
And1: 2,161
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#291 » by getrichordie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Has the league pushed back guarantee and option dates? I would think so. If not, Burton, Nader, and Diallo are already guaranteed.
:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD (updated 10/23/20)
[twitter] @thunderdustin
cjmcallist
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 74
Joined: Jul 27, 2018

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#292 » by cjmcallist » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:03 pm

getrichordie wrote:Has the league pushed back guarantee and option dates? I would think so. If not, Burton, Nader, and Diallo are already guaranteed.

I had presumed that with the delay of the next league year (and Draft, and Free Agency), that the other key dates would fall in line and be re-negotiated with the rest of the CBA.

It makes sense to use the start of the next league year as the key date. So, for example, Nader. His guarantee date was 7/15 (I think). Which was 14 days after the start of the league year (7/1). So, his next guarantee date would be the league year start date + 14 days.

It could also key off of the start of free agency.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/09/08/nba-schedule-delay-free-agency-draft-next-season#:~:text=The%20league%20and%20NBPA%20have,currently%20set%20for%20early%20December.&text=The%202019%E2%80%9320%20season%20is,to%20end%20in%20mid%2DOctober.
User avatar
giannis and 1
Junior
Posts: 320
And1: 149
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: surrounded by craptor fans in Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#293 » by giannis and 1 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:09 am

If the Bucks trade Bledsoe to the Knicks for something around Knox, does the following get us CP3 from you guys?

Knox
Wilson
R. Lopez
Ilyasova
#24
(21 million next year not including the salary of this player you draft)

Basically gets you out of the $86 million owed to CP3 and you take on a few expiring contracts, with Knox and our first this year being some young assets in the trade. No idea how you value Knox but he seems like an ok young wing that had a bad sophomore year.

Presti trades CP3 to a contender that he wants to play for (based on rumours) and fits perfectly on. Further increases OKC's organization reputation.
still learning the game
cjmcallist
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 74
Joined: Jul 27, 2018

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#294 » by cjmcallist » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:05 am

giannis and 1 wrote:If the Bucks trade Bledsoe to the Knicks for something around Knox, does the following get us CP3 from you guys?

Knox
Wilson
R. Lopez
Ilyasova
#24
(21 million next year not including the salary of this player you draft)

Basically gets you out of the $86 million owed to CP3 and you take on a few expiring contracts, with Knox and our first this year being some young assets in the trade. No idea how you value Knox but he seems like an ok young wing that had a bad sophomore year.

Presti trades CP3 to a contender that he wants to play for (based on rumours) and fits perfectly on. Further increases OKC's organization reputation.

Not sure how others feel, but I would do this for OKC.

Would hem and haw trying to get DDV for a minute, but that wouldn't stop me from saying yes.
User avatar
giannis and 1
Junior
Posts: 320
And1: 149
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: surrounded by craptor fans in Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#295 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:02 am

cjmcallist wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:If the Bucks trade Bledsoe to the Knicks for something around Knox, does the following get us CP3 from you guys?

Knox
Wilson
R. Lopez
Ilyasova
#24
(21 million next year not including the salary of this player you draft)

Basically gets you out of the $86 million owed to CP3 and you take on a few expiring contracts, with Knox and our first this year being some young assets in the trade. No idea how you value Knox but he seems like an ok young wing that had a bad sophomore year.

Presti trades CP3 to a contender that he wants to play for (based on rumours) and fits perfectly on. Further increases OKC's organization reputation.

Not sure how others feel, but I would do this for OKC.

Would hem and haw trying to get DDV for a minute, but that wouldn't stop me from saying yes.

I would consider a trade with DDV in it but would really want to keep him. Having him contribute on his ELC is big for us with Middleton, CP3, and a possible Giannis extension taking up so much money.
still learning the game
jake_swivel
Sophomore
Posts: 145
And1: 65
Joined: Jul 07, 2019

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#296 » by jake_swivel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:12 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:If the Bucks trade Bledsoe to the Knicks for something around Knox, does the following get us CP3 from you guys?

Knox
Wilson
R. Lopez
Ilyasova
#24
(21 million next year not including the salary of this player you draft)

Basically gets you out of the $86 million owed to CP3 and you take on a few expiring contracts, with Knox and our first this year being some young assets in the trade. No idea how you value Knox but he seems like an ok young wing that had a bad sophomore year.

Presti trades CP3 to a contender that he wants to play for (based on rumours) and fits perfectly on. Further increases OKC's organization reputation.

Not sure how others feel, but I would do this for OKC.

Would hem and haw trying to get DDV for a minute, but that wouldn't stop me from saying yes.

I would consider a trade with DDV in it but would really want to keep him. Having him contribute on his ELC is big for us with Middleton, CP3, and a possible Giannis extension taking up so much money.


I know there was a report that presti would want Knox, but I think Knox sucks. I wouldn’t be excited to get him for free on his rookie contract. I wouldn’t be super hyped about DDV either, but he’s a way better option. I’m not seeing a ton of compatibility with the the bucks as trading partners, but if I’m a GM who is confident I’d be with okc for the next 5 years, I’d gamble that the bucks don’t retain Giannis and center a trade around a future pick 3 to 5 years from now. Top 5 protected and bottom 23 reverse protected. One pick with DDV, or without him, this years 24 and then the future pick along with salary filler.
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,374
And1: 23,564
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#297 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Was Wondering what would you guys want from the Heat in a sign and trade for Gallinari?

Would Kelly Olynyk + 2027 second round pick do? It's the earliest pick we can send out lol
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
cjmcallist
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 74
Joined: Jul 27, 2018

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#298 » by cjmcallist » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:57 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Was Wondering what would you guys want from the Heat in a sign and trade for Gallinari?

Would Kelly Olynyk + 2027 second round pick do? It's the earliest pick we can send out lol

So, this is hard. So much of it depends on whether or not we trade CP3 before this.

There's a case to be made to just waiving his cap hold and letting him go. Adding a $12m expiring isn't a bad deal at all, but there might be better options with our cap than that.

But, if this is the first thing we have to do, I'd probably do it...
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 13,721
And1: 11,573
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#299 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:36 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Was Wondering what would you guys want from the Heat in a sign and trade for Gallinari?

Would Kelly Olynyk + 2027 second round pick do? It's the earliest pick we can send out lol

Personally I would rather go the route of adjusting pick protections on the existing picks Miami owes OKC.
User avatar
giannis and 1
Junior
Posts: 320
And1: 149
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: surrounded by craptor fans in Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#300 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:08 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Not sure how others feel, but I would do this for OKC.

Would hem and haw trying to get DDV for a minute, but that wouldn't stop me from saying yes.

I would consider a trade with DDV in it but would really want to keep him. Having him contribute on his ELC is big for us with Middleton, CP3, and a possible Giannis extension taking up so much money.


I know there was a report that presti would want Knox, but I think Knox sucks. I wouldn’t be excited to get him for free on his rookie contract. I wouldn’t be super hyped about DDV either, but he’s a way better option. I’m not seeing a ton of compatibility with the the bucks as trading partners, but if I’m a GM who is confident I’d be with okc for the next 5 years, I’d gamble that the bucks don’t retain Giannis and center a trade around a future pick 3 to 5 years from now. Top 5 protected and bottom 23 reverse protected. One pick with DDV, or without him, this years 24 and then the future pick along with salary filler.

Don't think the Bucks would be interested in that price.
still learning the game

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder