Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1021 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:47 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote: I don't see how it couldn't help us. I would guess it has to be Philly, right? No way can Houston want Kyrie.


Harden was playing but no intensity and he didn't care.

If they get some decent players from Brooklyn for example, they could be decent.

Hope they trade Tucker

Athletic says offers are from the nets and 76ers. I don’t think they are better with Simmons. What he adds in effort he lacks with fit. He’s good but not as good as Harden. I dont know what the nets can offer. Insured Dinwiddie? Another big man with Allen? AWOL Kyrie? There has to be a third team involved with the nets. The article said four first round picks and three pick swaps. Is that really enough?


That's what I said.

For us it's so much better for this year and future if they get Simmons. Houston could be good enough with the brooklyn package and an healthy Wall + future picks.

Allen/Cousins
Levert
Wall
Wood
?

As an OKC fan I'm for Simmons (and max one prospect) to Houston but I want to see a big 3 of Kyrie/Irving/Durant losing :)
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1022 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Read on Twitter


Pretty much why no trade was better...
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1023 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter


Not Matisse plz :(
thedoppelganger
Junior
Posts: 286
And1: 201
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1024 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:59 pm

Don't really see the appeal of Thybulle on the Rockets to be honest. With Wall/Simmons/Wood they just need shooting desperately, and Thybulle and Jae'Sean Tate seem to completely overlap each other in terms of role.
thedoppelganger
Junior
Posts: 286
And1: 201
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1025 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Forgot about this aspect, that pick becoming unprotected would be incredible
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1026 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:05 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Forgot about this aspect, that pick becoming unprotected would be incredible


Sam was too nice to his buddy Morey on the Horford trade. Time for a payback
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1027 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:13 pm

At least Cousins is trying to lower Harden's trade value. He was also ejected 2 times already in Houston. He's our MVP.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1028 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:15 pm

**** they got Levert
cjmcallist
Junior
Posts: 354
And1: 135
Joined: Jul 27, 2018
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1029 » by cjmcallist » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:22 pm

Where you at Presti! Dang, would've loved to have slipped in that Harden trade in the place of the Cavs. They killed it.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1030 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 pm

So...who could use George Hill? Brooklyn isn't an option anymore, Clippers don't have the assets; doesn't work salary wise with the Sixers :(
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,434
And1: 13,687
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1031 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:39 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:So...who could use George Hill? Brooklyn isn't an option anymore, Clippers don't have the assets; doesn't work salary wise with the Sixers :(

How about Houston for Exum and you get the pick protections removed?
Portland for Hood and maybe Simons? I don’t see tons of good options for a frp that can easily match salary. Indiana for Lamb if he looks bad?
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1032 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:54 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:So...who could use George Hill? Brooklyn isn't an option anymore, Clippers don't have the assets; doesn't work salary wise with the Sixers :(

How about Houston for Exum and you get the pick protections removed?
Portland for Hood and maybe Simons? I don’t see tons of good options for a frp that can easily match salary. Indiana for Lamb if he looks bad?


hehe I want to get the pick protection removed but not to improve them for this year.

Not sure if Portland would do it. Indiana not gonna give us assets, clearly not trying to contend !?

He would be a great fit in Utah but they are short...maybe if Conley gets injured.
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,253
And1: 657
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1033 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Where you at Presti! Dang, would've loved to have slipped in that Harden trade in the place of the Cavs. They killed it.


Trading a first in '22 potential double draft for a guy you have to pay in 5 months isn't really Presti's style.

One item to note - the Thunder are not buying out Ariza. So if he wants to play a team will have to trade an asset for him.

Ariza lives in LA, but its hard to fit his $12 million onto either of their books. The Heat might be the team to watch here as they have some contracts they can move.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1034 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Where you at Presti! Dang, would've loved to have slipped in that Harden trade in the place of the Cavs. They killed it.


Trading a first in '22 potential double draft for a guy you have to pay in 5 months isn't really Presti's style.

One item to note - the Thunder are not buying out Ariza. So if he wants to play a team will have to trade an asset for him.

Ariza lives in LA, but its hard to fit his $12 million onto either of their books. The Heat might be the team to watch here as they have some contracts they can move.


Yeah it would have been a mistake to trade for Allen. Cleveland is rebuilding for some years, we are just starting.

Also Allen would make us better, which is the last thing we want right now.

How do you know the thunder isn't going to buy out Ariza? I'm not sure he has some trade value anyway. He's old and isn't playing basketball in a while...
thedoppelganger
Junior
Posts: 286
And1: 201
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
 

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1035 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Pretty great unintended sweetener for us to have the best pick between Houston, Brooklyn, and our pick in 2025 as well assuming Houston isn't picking top 10
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1036 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:25 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pretty great unintended sweetener for us to have the best pick between Houston, Brooklyn, and our pick in 2025 as well assuming Houston isn't picking top 10


Wow really? Kind of lost of why we benefit from this but this is great if true

EDIT : looks like they were wrong. We can't get the Brooklyn picks.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1037 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:16 pm

I have no idea about the value of this and if we should add some pick but it's nothing new that Fertitta wants to save money (no clue about Bennet) and we could try to make a very quick rebuild.

Thinking about a Horford/Hill swap for Wall to get their first round pick this year.

We may need to offer their 2024 FRP back but then we should get some additional asset I guess.

That's an overpay but if Houston is still a bottom 4-5 team comes trade deadline, we would be a lock to draft two players into the top 10. So we would have two top 10 picks this year + a pick around 20 from Miami and probably the Minny 2nd. This would be huge to make a quick rebuild and SGA is too good for us to tank for 3-4 years.

For Houston they save a lot of money, would have only a 50% of getting a high pick this year anyway, can trade Hill to a third team for value and get some flexibility to rebuild for 3 years if they want to.

Obviously a lot of things can change until trade deadline (Houston standing; Miami record; Brooklyn record since they have a pick swap with them etc.)
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,434
And1: 13,687
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1038 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:51 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I have no idea about the value of this and if we should add some pick but it's nothing new that Fertitta wants to save money (no clue about Bennet) and we could try to make a very quick rebuild.

Thinking about a Horford/Hill swap for Wall to get their first round pick this year.

We may need to offer their 2024 FRP back but then we should get some additional asset I guess.

That's an overpay but if Houston is still a bottom 4-5 team comes trade deadline, we would be a lock to draft two players into the top 10. So we would have two top 10 picks this year + a pick around 20 from Miami and probably the Minny 2nd. This would be huge to make a quick rebuild and SGA is too good for us to tank for 3-4 years.

For Houston they save a lot of money, would have only a 50% of getting a high pick this year anyway, can trade Hill to a third team for value and get some flexibility to rebuild for 3 years if they want to.


I don't see the deal for either side. If you Houston wants to save money and get worse, they probably are more interested in keeping their pick. Getting worse while giving up their pick seems counterproductive even if they are saving money. There are other and better ways.

For OKC, there isn't any reason for us to make that trade until we know what pick they have. I doubt I would do the deal as an even swap and definitely see no need for us add to the deal. We are in a good position right now. Houston is the one who should be panicking, not us. Even if we don't get exactly what we want in the draft, those rankings all change after the players step foot on the court. Will the top 5 players in this draft really end up all being the top 5 pros?
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,407
And1: 2,851
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1039 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:40 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I have no idea about the value of this and if we should add some pick but it's nothing new that Fertitta wants to save money (no clue about Bennet) and we could try to make a very quick rebuild.

Thinking about a Horford/Hill swap for Wall to get their first round pick this year.

We may need to offer their 2024 FRP back but then we should get some additional asset I guess.

That's an overpay but if Houston is still a bottom 4-5 team comes trade deadline, we would be a lock to draft two players into the top 10. So we would have two top 10 picks this year + a pick around 20 from Miami and probably the Minny 2nd. This would be huge to make a quick rebuild and SGA is too good for us to tank for 3-4 years.

For Houston they save a lot of money, would have only a 50% of getting a high pick this year anyway, can trade Hill to a third team for value and get some flexibility to rebuild for 3 years if they want to.


I don't see the deal for either side. If you Houston wants to save money and get worse, they probably are more interested in keeping their pick. Getting worse while giving up their pick seems counterproductive even if they are saving money. There are other and better ways.

For OKC, there isn't any reason for us to make that trade until we know what pick they have. I doubt I would do the deal as an even swap and definitely see no need for us add to the deal. We are in a good position right now. Houston is the one who should be panicking, not us. Even if we don't get exactly what we want in the draft, those rankings all change after the players step foot on the court. Will the top 5 players in this draft really end up all being the top 5 pros?


Well we will see because it's unclear if Wall can stay healthy and play well but if they keep Horford and George Hill, they are not getting worse in my opinion.

From OKC perspective, I think we need to make the rebuild as quick as possible. Our record will end up being pretty bad this year but we are already struggling to ''tank''. If things go well (drafting good players and SGA/Bazley & co improving next season) it's gonna be really really hard to get high picks. That's why I think it makes sense for us to accelerate the rebuild. And for Houston it allows them to have more options for the future (rebuilding or trading picks) and not gambling on a coinflip in this draft.
jambalaya
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,568
And1: 268
Joined: Feb 01, 2005

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1040 » by jambalaya » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:51 am

Here is a speculative trade proposal:

Thunder send out rights to Micic, Diallo, Bazley, Muscala, Miller, Ariza and Horford to Raptors for
Siakam, a couple of strong 3pt shooters in Powell and Thomas and filler for use in other moves or possible deep bench roles (Bembry, Watson, Harris and Watanabe).

Raptors go from owing Siakam $100 mil after this season to owing Horford $50 mil. Also avoid Powell player option.Go win now with a smart versatile center. A couple of prospects.

Thunder get a potential core piece in Siakam, maybe tank better, prep to clear some roster spots, shift playing time to other guys.

Siakam has lost a lot of luster recently but has shown capabilities and might bounce back in a different environment, somewhat lesser role. Are you going to get better for Horford? Probably not.

Persue and consider if you want. Accept, adjust or reject.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder