ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,223

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1061 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:54 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't like our chances. Presti works in silence (even more with Morey)

Hill and Warriors pick for Thybulle and filler would be sweet

I don’t think we need to add a pick. I could see them wanting Muscala too.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#1062 » by cjmcallist » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:37 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I posted something similar on the T&T board. It went over really well.

Hill, Muscala, 2023 DEN 1st for Thybulle, Scott

Now that it looks like we aren’t getting a primo pick, I think that’s the exact type of thing we should do with our trades. We can throw in sweeteners with our vets to get young guys that are 1-2 years into their career.

Easier said than done. But I’d give two picks for Milton, similar for Maxey.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,141

Post#1063 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:50 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Now that it looks like we aren’t getting a primo pick, I think that’s the exact type of thing we should do with our trades. We can throw in sweeteners with our vets to get young guys that are 1-2 years into their career.

I'm a bit lost regarding Thybulle value's and I really like him but feel like it's an overpay. Hill & Muscala together are pretty much worth a FRP so basically that's sending two FRPs for Thybulle...not sure about this

Hill/Muscala/Gs pick (probably Minny 2nd) is already a very good offer. Some may think it's also an overpay :)

Would obviously add more for Maxey but won't happen :D
cjmcallist
Sixth Man

Post#1064 » by cjmcallist » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:59 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I don’t think we need to add a pick. I could see them wanting Muscala too.

I'm a bit lost regarding Thybulle value's and I really like him but feel like it's an overpay. Hill & Muscala together are pretty much worth a FRP so basically that's sending two FRPs for Thybulle...not sure about this

Hill/Muscala/Gs pick (probably Minny 2nd) is already a very good offer. Some may think it's also an overpay :)

Would obviously add more for Maxey but won't happen :D

I agree, it could be an overpay. I'm of the mindset that we need to overpay a bit though.

Thought process is: Shai is better than we knew + We're winning more than we thought = timeline is accelerated by 2ish years

If that's true, we should look for players on rookie deals that are contributing now, but also have the capacity to improve in the future. Problem is, those players are also very valuable to their current teams. So, we have to overpay a little bit to get them.

Personally, I'd rather see us do this - than wind up like Boston (not the drafting of Tatum & Brown, I mean the drafting of Williams, Williams, Nesmith, Langford, Pritchard, etc.).

So, if players like Trent Jr., Thybulle, L. Ball, are even semi-available to us - I'd overpay to get them on the team...
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#1065 » by getrichordie » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:39 pm

No rush to improve via trade, IMO. Wait til next year and see what team is looking like. Draft is strong and we have some solid roleplayers to mix in. Patience is a virtue.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1066 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:04 pm

getrichordie wrote:No rush to improve via trade, IMO. Wait til next year and see what team is looking like. Draft is strong and we have some solid roleplayers to mix in. Patience is a virtue.

Ainge? :)

In all seriousness, I don't disagree. I'm all for improving the team this year but I don't see any players that are available worth an over pay right now.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#1067 » by retrobro90 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:11 pm

getrichordie wrote:No rush to improve via trade, IMO. Wait til next year and see what team is looking like. Draft is strong and we have some solid roleplayers to mix in. Patience is a virtue.

Thybulle is also not terribly young and not that good imo. Would much rather pay Gary Trent this offseason if they're dead set on improving.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1068 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:56 pm

I would like to be more aggressive and accelerate the rebuild but I think we are in a very unique situation in terms of how big our pick gap can be depending on luck so it's better to wait the lottery. We may end up with something like the n°8 and n°20 pick or n°1 and n°8 pick so it's pretty crazy...
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#1069 » by h4rrison » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 am

Is SGA going to sign a max contract extension this summer?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1070 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:17 am

h4rrison wrote:Is SGA going to sign a max contract extension this summer?

Most likely, yes.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#1071 » by h4rrison » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:27 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

Most likely, yes.

Any numbers predictions? What's his max?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1072 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:11 pm

h4rrison wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Most likely, yes.

Any numbers predictions? What's his max?

About $29.5 milllion.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/nba-maximum-salaries-for-202021.html#:~:text=A%20player's%20maximum%20salary%20is,for%20younger%20and%20older%20players.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man

Post#1073 » by cjmcallist » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:07 pm

So, I hear that. But, to me, that means Shai's on the clock. Let's say we get two top 10 picks this next year...

Best case scenario is - they're looking at 3(ish) years before they're really ready to compete. If I have my timing right, that puts Shai two years out from his UFA decision. That means we get one year with him before we're back on Free Agent watch.

I know that's such a long way away. Maybe that's the answer - we're too far out from that to worry about it.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1074 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:40 pm

Unpopular thinking : Dort might be close to his ceiling and his contract is so good that he could be more valuable to a contender than for us. Any idea what his trade value is?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1075 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:56 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Unpopular thinking : Dort might be close to his ceiling and his contract is so good that he could be more valuable to a contender than for us. Any idea what his trade value is?

If we end up trying to trade up or trade for a young star, I could see him being moved. His best asset is his contract. Dort by himself doesn’t get you a top 5 pick but I could see him being packaged with something like the eighth pick to get to number four or five if the team needs a defender on a great contract.Although I’m not high on Dort, he should continue to improve.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1076 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:16 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Unpopular thinking : Dort might be close to his ceiling and his contract is so good that he could be more valuable to a contender than for us. Any idea what his trade value is?

If we end up trying to trade up or trade for a young star, I could see him being moved. His best asset is his contract. Dort by himself doesn’t get you a top 5 pick but I could see him being packaged with something like the eighth pick to get to number four or five if the team needs a defender on a great contract.Although I’m not high on Dort, he should continue to improve.

I'm not sure Dort is the kind of player that would allow us to go higher into the draft since I think he has more value for a good team (it's unlikely that any team with the best picks this year will try to win next season, maybe the Wizards or the Wolves if they keep their pick). He could be a great piece in a Horford trade to a contender as well.

I like Dort a lot though and I don't mind if our FO wants to keep him long term. Just think it wouldn't be a bad thing to trade him because, as you said, his contract boost his trade value.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1077 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

I'm not sure Dort is the kind of player that would allow us to go higher into the draft since I think he has more value for a good team (it's unlikely that any team with the best picks this year will try to win next season, maybe the Wizards or the Wolves if they keep their pick). He could be a great piece in a Horford trade to a contender as well.

I like Dort a lot though and I don't mind if our FO wants to keep him long term. Just think it wouldn't be a bad thing to trade him because, as you said, his contract boost his trade value.

Of course Dort allows us go higher in the draft. He has very good value. New Orleans and Atlanta are recent examples of teams being willing to trade down. Neither one of them were win-now teams at the time. It really just depends on where our pick lands. Besides Shai, Dort is the only young guy we have that’s worth much to other teams.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1078 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1079 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:09 pm

Makes sense for the Knicks & Mavs. Don't get about Miami...

With SGA being so good, I wouldn't mind if Presti offers Collins a big contract.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1080 » by gobullschi » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:00 am

Bulls fan here looking for a veteran wing like Ariza. What would he cost?

Chandler Hutchison (2018 - 22nd Pick) + 2nd enough?

Chandler Hutchison is a 6’7 wing that can guard 2-4, but he needs to continue to develop an outside shot if he’ll stick around in the NBA. He hasn’t been playing for ‘personal reasons’ but many speculate that he requested a trade.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder