Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,161

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1461 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:35 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I like it. Fair trade. We had no leverage to steal another rookie from Boston. I think Brown sucks so I'm fine with this

It seems like this will have to be the last time we can flip a big contract for a worse one. I'm somewhat surprised Horford wasn't the last one, but on the other hand I get it. Even if we attach an asset to move Kemba down the road, it's better to accumulate the assets now and get players around Shai sooner than later.

Yeah time to improve. Lots of possibility...combine 16 & 18 to move up if we get unlucky with the Houston swap.

Not a lot of players under worse contract than Kemba and not worth going for it. Hope Kemba plays well and we can trade him for expiring players.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,556

Post#1462 » by Devilanche » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:36 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I like it. Fair trade. We had no leverage to steal another rookie from Boston. I think Brown sucks so I'm fine with this

There could be something there with brown still, but I still feel like we can rehab some of kemba value.

Im surprised he moved before the lotto get decided though.

Also, if Kemba is injured and can't play that has it's advantages too.

Im sure we did the move to get the pick and get Horford to somewhere competitive.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,235

Post#1463 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:45 pm

Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:There could be something there with brown still, but I still feel like we can rehab some of kemba value.

Im surprised he moved before the lotto get decided though.

Also, if Kemba is injured and can't play that has it's advantages too.

Im sure we did the move to get the pick and get Horford to somewhere competitive.

It seems like if staying competitive was the goal, Horford is a better fit and better player for that. Obviously the pick is valuable but it makes me think that the front office is still in asset collecting mode. If we win with the guys we have, great. If not, that's fine too. There definitely isn't any sense of urgency to push for the playoffs this year.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1464 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,556

Post#1465 » by Devilanche » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:54 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Also, if Kemba is injured and can't play that has it's advantages too.

It seems like if staying competitive was the goal, Horford is a better fit and better player for that. Obviously the pick is valuable but it makes me think that the front office is still in asset collecting mode. If we win with the guys we have, great. If not, that's fine too. There definitely isn't any sense of urgency to push for the playoffs this year.

As in we moved for the pick and kemba was the price. They will probably let him rest and recuperate and hopefully try to flip him next trade deadline.

Positionally is an overpaid small PG easier to flip than an overpaid old C ?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1466 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:06 pm

I wouldn't be too surprised when kemba has a bounce back season next year and looks like really attractive to a contender. I also wouldn't be shocked if we're in a play in game
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#1467 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:13 pm

Kemba wasn't as bad as a lot of people are pretending.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1468 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:13 pm

Happy we didn't have to include Kenrich in a Horford trade. Horford + Brown is so much better for us.

I really think Boston and OKC were close to a trade in March but Ainge didn't want to pull the trigger once again.
ThunderBorn
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#1469 » by ThunderBorn » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:14 pm

Sam must have a C on his mind in this draft.. Mobley? Garuba? Going to be interesting to see where we land in the lottery. I have a feeling Bazley might be the next man up on the chopping block.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#1470 » by thedoppelganger » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:14 pm

Boston fans are convinced Brown is actually legit good because he had his best game of the season against them (not counting the last game against the tanking Clippers). Not sure he's really better than Tacko at this point, glad he won't be taking up minutes next year over one of the incoming rookies.

Will be interesting to see what we do with Kemba, especially if we land one of the top guards. Can't imagine we'd want to take away development minutes just to rehab his value, and don't picture him being cool with coming off the bench for a rebuilding team.

Having 3 of the top 18 and 5 of the top 36 will make for some nice trade up moments at least.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1471 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:26 pm

spearsy23 wrote:I wouldn't be too surprised when kemba has a bounce back season next year and looks like really attractive to a contender. I also wouldn't be shocked if we're in a play in game

I really don't know the situation with his knees. Being in a situation where he isn't needed to play every game seems like a best case scenario to maximize his recovery.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#1472 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:30 pm

Does seem to me like Mobley might be Presti's ideal pick. And you probably can't move up to 1, but 2/3 seems possible with our capital.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#1473 » by Old Man Game » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:53 pm

Sorry to be a jerk, but I'm personally glad to see Brown go. That dude had some moments but overall I don't see him as a long term fit for what we're trying to do here and I was afraid the organization might irrationally fall in love with him because they'd found and "developed" him or something.
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#1474 » by thedoppelganger » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Nothing too surprising here, just that we'll be supposedly working with Kemba to find him a new home like we did with CP and Al
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1475 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:56 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nothing too surprising here, just that we'll be supposedly working with Kemba to find him a new home like we did with CP and Al

I'm thankful that to this point none of our bad contracts have been locker room problem guys. I'm not sure whose left worse than Kemba that isn't perceived as a malcontent.
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#1476 » by thedoppelganger » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:24 pm

Any details on which 2nd rounders were exchanged? Was it ours in 2023 for Boston's in 2025? We've got ours, Washington's, and a DAL/MIA option in 2023.

Edit: here's the details for the 2nds.
Read on Twitter
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1477 » by Marty McFly » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:05 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Does seem to me like Mobley might be Presti's ideal pick. And you probably can't move up to 1, but 2/3 seems possible with our capital.

Disagree. if anyone at any point in NBA history has had enough to move up to 1 in a draft it's okc this year.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1478 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:21 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Does seem to me like Mobley might be Presti's ideal pick. And you probably can't move up to 1, but 2/3 seems possible with our capital.

Disagree. if anyone at any point in NBA history has had enough to move up to 1 in a draft it's okc this year.

I think it all depends on the position OKC is trading up from. If OKC is between 2- 4 or 5, a trade up is more likely than if we land outside the top five.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1479 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:46 pm

That 2nd round pick "swap" is Presti building value by the margins and planning on our future. Last few months he got a lot of 2025-2027 SRPs and I think the goal is to get a good team by then so we can use those picks for decent role players (like Philly did with Hill for example, or Clippers with Rondo).
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#1480 » by Old Man Game » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:34 pm

Honestly though, If I'm Kemba Walker spending a year in OKC (closer to 9 months) where you'll play like once every 3 games on average, and then get moved to a contender desperate for a spark scorer, isn't that bad of a deal compared to getting dumped on in Boston.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder