Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

Kizz Fastfists
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,354

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#221 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:52 am

getrichordie wrote:Please do tell what PG said when he "resigned."

I can't find the exact quote right now, but it was something to the effect that Russ and he did what they wanted. Donovan didn't have any control and he liked being able to do what he wanted and didn't like having a coach like he did in Indy. It didn't take him long to realize coaching mattered as the next off-season he was demanding to go play for Doc.
"The biggest enemy of the negro is the white liberal." - Malcolm X
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 1,729

Post#222 » by getrichordie » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:19 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Please do tell what PG said when he "resigned."

I can't find the exact quote right now, but it was something to the effect that Russ and he did what they wanted. Donovan didn't have any control and he liked being able to do what he wanted and didn't like having a coach like he did in Indy. It didn't take him long to realize coaching mattered as the next off-season he was demanding to go play for Doc.

So, you took positive sentiment towards Donovan coming from George's mouth, and have somehow made it fit your narrative that Donovan is a bad coach? That's what it is sounds like anyways.

You realize that George had always wanted to go to L.A., right? Even prior to his time in OKC.
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
Kizz Fastfists
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,354

Post#223 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:22 am

I've never had a boss that considered it a positive sentiment when I called them illiterate, ignorant or unable to understand the concept. I suppose it is possible that Donovan is so inept that PG could have been pointing his positive trait of sitting down and shutting up while his players did what they wanted.
"The biggest enemy of the negro is the white liberal." - Malcolm X
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 1,729

Post#224 » by getrichordie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:49 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:I've never had a boss that considered it a positive sentiment when I called them illiterate, ignorant or unable to understand the concept. I suppose it is possible that Donovan is so inept that PG could have been pointing his positive trait of sitting down and shutting up while his players did what they wanted.

What a massive stretch. You can't even find the quote :lol:
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder