Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#921 » by jambalaya » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:42 am

Presti trying to win the G league and trying to spend up to the league minimum.

Horrendous NBA stats in very light testing. But he was kept around for multiple years. Some G league defensive stats, fwiw.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#922 » by jake_swivel » Thu Dec 3, 2020 10:44 am

jambalaya wrote:Presti trying to win the G league and trying to spend up to the league minimum.

Might be trying to spend the minimum without affecting winning while doing favors for agents. Along with Sam’s ability to do right by vets by getting them in a better situation, dude is going to be the most liked man in the NBA by players and agents. Having been a long time Chicago bulls fan, I can say there really is a benefit to players not thinking your management are penny pinching sociopaths.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#923 » by getrichordie » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:14 pm

We've officially won the offseason. We signed Chasson Randle.

Waived so far:

Joshia Gray
Zylan Cheatham

Signed:

Frank Jackson
Chasson Randle (?)
Antonius Cleveland (?)
Moses Brown (2-way)
Josh Hall (2-way)
Omer Yurtseven (X10)
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#924 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:18 pm

Houston is about $5 million in the tax. If they are really dumb enough to think they will build around Harden then we could help them out with some adjusted pick protections.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#925 » by jake_swivel » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:37 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Houston is about $5 million in the tax. If they are really dumb enough to think they will build around Harden then we could help them out with some adjusted pick protections.

Does Wall’s 15% trade kicker count against the cap?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#926 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:10 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Houston is about $5 million in the tax. If they are really dumb enough to think they will build around Harden then we could help them out with some adjusted pick protections.

Does Wall’s 15% trade kicker count against the cap?

He’s on a max contract so it’s null.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#927 » by jambalaya » Thu Dec 3, 2020 7:12 pm

Couple guys may be temporarily parked in G league til trades create open roster spots. But some may just be G league this season. Isn't clear.
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#928 » by jambalaya » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:26 am

A Cleveland to the lower category. M Frazier? Probably headed there.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#929 » by Balkman32 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:17 pm

They usually sign and release guys who they plan to add to there G League team. I would expect Randle & Cleveland to get some time with the Blue this year.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#930 » by Balkman32 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:20 pm

Sure how can we help?

LOL

What's the cost to take on Tucker or Gordon?

I would expect the next piece to fall is the Harden trade and when they move him they get under the tax. All Houston could add to a deal are pick swaps in '23 & '27, as they wont even discuss their '22 FRP.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#931 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:47 pm

Balkman32 wrote:

Sure how can we help?

LOL

I would expect the next piece to fall is the Harden trade and when they move him they get under the tax. All Houston could add to a deal are pick swaps in '23 & '27, as they wont even discuss their '22 FRP.

For me, any deal with Houston begins with removal of protections on their picks.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#932 » by Balkman32 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:59 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:

Sure how can we help?

LOL

For me, any deal with Houston begins with removal of protections on their picks.

I think we just ghost them. We have control of 4 of their next 6 drafts. They are about to trade a top 10 player.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,596

Post#933 » by NYG » Sun Dec 6, 2020 5:17 pm

George Hill, Trevor Ariza and '21 Conditional Warriors 1st for Dennis Smith Jr.?
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#934 » by jambalaya » Sun Dec 6, 2020 5:54 pm

Hill and Ariza for 2-3 second rounders. No Smith unless Knicks add more draft compensation.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#935 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 8:33 pm

NYG wrote:George Hill, Trevor Ariza and '21 Conditional Warriors 1st for Dennis Smith Jr.?

Pick is going the wrong direction.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#936 » by cjmcallist » Tue Dec 8, 2020 6:29 pm

Anyone have interest in John Collins for future picks? Accelerate the rebuild too much?

I'm also trying to get a feel for what Presti's definition of young is. I was hoping we'd keep Oubre, but that wasn't even on Presti's radar.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#937 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 8, 2020 6:39 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Anyone have interest in John Collins for future picks? Accelerate the rebuild too much?

I'm also trying to get a feel for what Presti's definition of young is. I was hoping we'd keep Oubre, but that wasn't even on Presti's radar.

Depending on what he can be acquired for, yes. He’s not a franchise level player but I like some things about his game. I was higher on him before he got busted for PEDs.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#938 » by cjmcallist » Tue Dec 8, 2020 8:14 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Anyone have interest in John Collins for future picks? Accelerate the rebuild too much?

Depending on what he can be acquired for, yes. He’s not a franchise level player but I like some things about his game. I was higher on him before he got busted for PEDs.

Forgot about the PEDs. I imagine that's a dealbreaker.

His contract extension is due, but he's only ~6 mos. older than Shai. I guess it depends on what Presti has deemed as the right timeline.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#939 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 8, 2020 10:56 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

His contract extension is due, but he's only ~6 mos. older than Shai. I guess it depends on what Presti has deemed as the right timeline.

I would still trade for him. I think Atlanta would be wanting a win now player like Orlando wanted with ibaka but on a contract cheaper than what they are going to have to pay Collins. I don’t think we have that player on our roster. I’m also not interested in throwing a load of picks at him. Shai might be a good number two option. Collins might be a good number three option. I’m fine taking a chance to see but not at the expense of rushing the rebuild and not drafting any elite talent.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,114

Post#940 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Dec 9, 2020 2:48 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Depending on what he can be acquired for, yes. He’s not a franchise level player but I like some things about his game. I was higher on him before he got busted for PEDs.

I would still trade for him. I think Atlanta would be wanting a win now player like Orlando wanted with ibaka but on a contract cheaper than what they are going to have to pay Collins. I don’t think we have that player on our roster. I’m also not interested in throwing a load of picks at him. Shai might be a good number two option. Collins might be a good number three option. I’m fine taking a chance to see but not at the expense of rushing the rebuild and not drafting any elite talent.

In this forum, I probably asked 940 times for OKC to trade for Collins but I'm not sure he's worth giving up assets + giving him the max (from what I read that's what he's looking to get). So I would probably cry and pass on a Collins trade to OKC.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder