Game 53: Boston Celtics @ OKC Thunder 2:30 pm cst

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Re: Game 53: Boston Celtics @ OKC Thunder 2:30 pm cst 

Post#21 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:42 pm

We may not win but it’s pretty clear that shai is going to be the greatest player to ever play the game.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#22 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:46 pm

Missed too many free throws and easy shots at the rim today.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#23 » by NaturalThunder » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:47 pm

And that's ballgame.

The Celtics have 2 of the 3 or 3 of the 4 best players in this matchup. Thought we matched up pretty well with them overall coming into the game, but clearly I was wrong.

I mean, yeah, it's a different game if Kemba doesn't hit those back-to-back tough 3s in the final 2 minutes, but he did and we got outscored by about 20 in the 2nd half.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
Thunder Up
Senior
And1: 197

Post#24 » by Thunder Up » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:50 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Thunder Up wrote:Diallo and garbage can Nader playing all these minutes over Bazley and Dort is atrocious coaching / rotations

Bazley is hurt and Dort has four fouls.

Four fouls oh no, better save him for closing time when he doesn’t play anyways.... lol good ol Billdoh

missed the Bazley injury
Thunder Up
Senior

Post#25 » by Thunder Up » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:52 pm

Ferguson wide open three passes to covered Schröder in the corner immediately... god damn this dude Is absolute trash why is he getting these minutes over Dort

shoot. the. ****. ball
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,110

Post#26 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:53 pm

Great team effort. Boston is just a better team...
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#27 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:53 pm

Good to see SGA playing well tonight. Guess he had to rest some days. Think he will to work on conditioning a lot during the summer.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#28 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:55 pm

ouch SGA :(
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#29 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:56 pm

They had a chance to tie it up. Have to protect the ball. This team has legit players. Just not much on the bench outside of Dennis and Noel. Bench is the Achilles heal as well as SF.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:57 pm

Smart is a good defender. Shai seldom ever gets picked. We really don’t need to lose our pick this year. I’m not the least bit upset over this.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#31 » by lebron stopper » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:02 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Smart is a good defender. Shai seldom ever gets picked. We really don’t need to lose our pick this year. I’m not the least bit upset over this.

Exactly what I thought. The 1-20 protected pick is more important for OKC long-term than a slightly better chance at the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.
Thunder Up
Senior

Post#32 » by Thunder Up » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:14 pm

27m a year to be a poor defender, poor rebounder, and useless on offense
great job Sammy boy
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#33 » by Old Man Game » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:35 pm

Very frustrating game although given our performances in the past four or five games not all that surprising outcome. Just not making the plays right now and the consistency isn't there possession to possession.

Also, I don't know if the officials have a private Facebook group or a text chain they're all on or what but apparently the word has gotten out that Dort's a rookie and/or a two-way player because at this point the opposing player is getting the benefit of every call against him. I've got ex-girlfriends that I'm closer to than Dort was to Kemba Walker on his fourth foul.

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#34 » by Old Man Game » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:39 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Tatum has developed in to such a good player. Very enjoyable to watch when he’s not torching your team.

I'll say one thing for the guy, you can tell Kobe was his hero. He's like the answer to the question of what if Dion had been about 3-4 inches taller and actually good.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,929

Post#35 » by CelticsPride18 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:47 pm

Great game. OKC is a really good team I think they can beat any non LA team in the playoffs. SGA is a stud such a smooth player.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#36 » by NaturalThunder » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:02 am

Thunder Up wrote:Ferguson wide open three passes to covered Schröder in the corner immediately... god damn this dude Is absolute trash why is he getting these minutes over Dort

shoot. the. ****. ball

If we could just upgrade Ferguson's, Nader's, and Diallo's roster spots it'd make this team quite a bit better.

It shouldn't/wouldn't take much either. I mean a handful of league-minimum vets would be huge upgrades over those three.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:14 am

NaturalThunder wrote:
Thunder Up wrote:Ferguson wide open three passes to covered Schröder in the corner immediately... god damn this dude Is absolute trash why is he getting these minutes over Dort

shoot. the. ****. ball

If we could just upgrade Ferguson's, Nader's, and Diallo's roster spots it'd make this team quite a bit better.

It shouldn't/wouldn't take much either. I mean a handful of league-minimum vets would be huge upgrades over those three.

It would be in the best interest of the thunder and Ferguson to just give him a fresh start somewhere else. He’s got the physical tools but it’s just not happening here for him.
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,395

Post#38 » by RunOKC » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:31 am

Should have won that if we hit FT's + some really bad misses near the basket

Seems like every game vs the Celtics ends up like this - Decent Performance/Close game that we usually lose at the end.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:43 am

I feel like it’s the same story with Adams every year. Boston is playing 6’8” Theis and Kanter and Adams goes 2-10. Even the game against Detroit I didn’t think he played that well despite the scoring. He’s good when he’s healthy but when he gets beat up he struggles with everything, even catching basic passes. Even when he’s healthy he lets his man shoot wide open threes. Im also not sure I like the attempts to run the offense through him finding guys cutting to the basket. We have three point guards and two of them are almost always on the floor together, one of them is freakin Chris Paul. I would prefer Adams under the basket,leading the league in offensive rebounds. If we don’t trade him, I hope we draft his replacement this year.
Thunder Up
Senior

Post#40 » by Thunder Up » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:11 am

ThunderBolt wrote:I feel like it’s the same story with Adams every year. Boston is playing 6’8” Theis and Kanter and Adams goes 2-10. Even the game against Detroit I didn’t think he played that well despite the scoring. He’s good when he’s healthy but when he gets beat up he struggles with everything, even catching basic passes. Even when he’s healthy he lets his man shoot wide open threes. Im also not sure I like the attempts to run the offense through him finding guys cutting to the basket. We have three point guards and two of them are almost always on the floor together, one of them is freakin Chris Paul. I would prefer Adams under the basket,leading the league in offensive rebounds. If we don’t trade him, I hope we draft his replacement this year.

If Adams and Noel’s minutes were flip flopped I would be curious with the results

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder