Game 55: Oklahoma City Thunder (32-22) @ New Orleans Pelicans (23-31) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 55: Oklahoma City Thunder (32-22) @ New Orleans Pelicans (23-31) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Thunder Up
Senior
And1: 197

Re: Game 55: Oklahoma City Thunder (32-22) @ New Orleans Pelicans (23-31) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Thunder Up » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:20 am

Zion is under the basket next to CP3 and Adams... and what is Adams doing? Standing there watching as Zion battles CP3 for the board and draws the foul

What a damn stud for that $27m a year!!!!
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,204

Re: Game 55: Oklahoma City Thunder (32-22) @ New Orleans Pelicans (23-31) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:23 am

Shai’s step back threes are a thing of beauty.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:41 am

This team passes up so many good looks. It’s maddening.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Thunder Up
Senior
And1: 197

Post#5 » by Thunder Up » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:41 am

Ferguson just passed up two wide the f*cking f*ck open threes and the possession ended in a turnover.
Like, holy actual f*ck dude get out of the league
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:48 am

Read on Twitter

Should have hired Daniels to replace cage.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Game 55: Oklahoma City Thunder (32-22) @ New Orleans Pelicans (23-31) - 8:00 PM 

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:06 am

Steven Adams is so freakin soft. He just stands there like a fence post and has been swatted twice by...Zion? Nope. Nico Melli. This dude looks like he’s on the Jokic professional e-gamer diet.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:27 am

Gallo is so fun to watch. The pelicans are such an annoying team to play because they have so any guys who can score. It’s really hard for this team to win if any one of shai, cp3, Gallo and Dennis don’t score well because no one else can step up.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#9 » by Galloisdaman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:44 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Gallo is so fun to watch. The pelicans are such an annoying team to play because they have so any guys who can score. It’s really hard for this team to win if any one of shai, cp3, Gallo and Dennis don’t score well because no one else can step up.

You are right. OKC's top 4 are up there with some of the best but the bench is the real question mark at this time. They are still looking for someone to step up along with Dennis. They do occasionally have some good nights though so the hope is there.

That is a talented NO team. They have been playing well lately. Zion has jump started them. Huge props to OKC for rising to the occasion.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:55 pm

I get that Zion is the next big thing and I really like him, but some of the calls last night were really a stretch by the officials. The missed goaltending call was bad enough to make Gobert blush. I think that's one of the most often missed calls in the league. The fact that it can't be challenged makes no sense.

Read on Twitter

Edit- it looked worse from the camera angle from behind but still a goaltend, nonetheless.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#11 » by Old Man Game » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:09 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Should have hired Daniels to replace cage.
I love Daniel's. He has a regular spot on NBA radio and every time I hear him I think about how good he was at his job when he was here. One of the only thunder in-house media guys to ever tell the truth and spit fire at the team. Maybe that's why he's no longer here.

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#12 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:56 pm

The play from CP3 to Adams last second heave play looked very rehearsed. I assume they ran it in practice. Props to the coaches and players on that one for sure.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Re: Game 55: Oklahoma City Thunder (32-22) @ New Orleans Pelicans (23-31) - 8:00 PM 

Post#13 » by getrichordie » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:44 am

:oops:
ThunderBolt wrote:Steven Adams is so freakin soft. He just stands there like a fence post and has been swatted twice by...Zion? Nope. Nico Melli. This dude looks like he’s on the Jokic professional e-gamer diet.

Adams has never been a great post player.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#14 » by getrichordie » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:45 am

ThunderBolt wrote:I get that Zion is the next big thing and I really like him, but some of the calls last night were really a stretch by the officials. The missed goaltending call was bad enough to make Gobert blush. I think that's one of the most often missed calls in the league. The fact that it can't be challenged makes no sense.

Read on Twitter

Edit- it looked worse from the camera angle from behind but still a goaltend, nonetheless.

C’mon my dude. I get it. Technically it maybe was a goaltend, but dude... calling that in real time is impossible and even if they reviewed it, I’d say it was inconclusive.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Spoiler:
getrichordie wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I get that Zion is the next big thing and I really like him, but some of the calls last night were really a stretch by the officials. The missed goaltending call was bad enough to make Gobert blush. I think that's one of the most often missed calls in the league. The fact that it can't be challenged makes no sense.

Read on Twitter

C’mon my dude. I get it. Technically it maybe was a goaltend, but dude... calling that in real time is impossible and even if they reviewed it, I’d say it was inconclusive.

If you can't get it right in real time, make it reviewable. That's my biggest gripe. I've felt that way for a while. We've seen this cause issues in multiple games in the last two weeks. Why can they go back after the play and review whether or not a three point shooter's foot was on the line but they can't review a goaltend? I think the rule needs to be adjusted. It seems to be a commonly missed call.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#16 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:48 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Spoiler:
getrichordie wrote:

Read on Twitter

If you can't get it right in real time, make it reviewable. That's my biggest gripe. I've felt that way for a while. We've seen this cause issues in multiple games in the last two weeks. Why can they go back after the play and review whether or not a three point shooter's foot was on the line but they can't review a goaltend? I think the rule needs to be adjusted. It seems to be a commonly missed call.

Flow of play. You miss a goaltendthat leads to a fast break, what do you do on the replay? Do you add the points and subtract the fastbreak?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:13 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Spoiler:
getrichordie wrote:

Flow of play. You miss a goaltendthat leads to a fast break, what do you do on the replay? Do you add the points and subtract the fastbreak?

I understand that aspect of it. It makes sense. However in this example and in the case with Lillard and Gobert there was a stop in the action. Yet it can't be challenged because nothing was actually called. It makes sense to at least adjust that part of it. With the play with Zion, it wasn't egregious but more of a personal pet peeve of mine that I've had for a while.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder