Game 58: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22) @ Chicago Bulls (20-38) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

User avatar
NaturalThunder
General Manager
Posts: 8,135
And1: 3,544
Joined: Jun 13, 2012
     

Re: Game 58: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22) @ Chicago Bulls (20-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#21 » by NaturalThunder » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:30 am

LaVine scored 41 and White scored 35.

I mean Coby White isn't a special rookie or anything, so I thought surely after scoring 33 in his last two games, he'd come back down to earth against us. I mean rookies scoring 30+ in three straight games is pretty rare; especially when it's a pretty "meh" rookie. But nope, White scores 33 in his previous two games and comes out tonight and one-ups himself by scoring 35.

And still, at the end of the day, we held on to win. I don't love that we turned a 17-point halftime lead into a nailbiter of a win, but it's still a win at the end of the day.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
User avatar
Old Man Game
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,282
And1: 3,586
Joined: Jul 15, 2012

Re: Game 58: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22) @ Chicago Bulls (20-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#22 » by Old Man Game » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:43 am

I'll admit. I have an irrational dislike for Lavine.

That said, it was great to see him have a big night and still lose.
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 1,244
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Game 58: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22) @ Chicago Bulls (20-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#23 » by Galloisdaman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:52 am

Another road win.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
User avatar
NaturalThunder
General Manager
Posts: 8,135
And1: 3,544
Joined: Jun 13, 2012
     

Re: Game 58: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22) @ Chicago Bulls (20-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#24 » by NaturalThunder » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:56 am

Old Man Game wrote:I'll admit. I have an irrational dislike for Lavine.

That said, it was great to see him have a big night and still lose.

I don't know if I "hate" him, but he really annoys me. And I agree with you, it's mostly irrational.

I think it's because he's a pest of a player. He's mostly all flash and no substance. He's a gifted scorer and a horrendous defender. He's like a poor man's, homeless man's James Harden. LaVine doesn't lead to team success. However, he is the type of player/scorer who, on any given night, as the best player of a terrible team, can get just hot enough to beat you.

And in our case, most years, we're a playoff caliber team that would usually have LaVine's team circled as a win on the schedule, so it's extra-annoying when he does get extra-hot and beats you.

Fortunately, tonight, we overcame it and held on to win.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
QPR
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,726
And1: 2,058
Joined: Mar 02, 2011

Re: Game 58: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22) @ Chicago Bulls (20-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#25 » by QPR » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:02 am

Feels like this team wins nearly every close one.
User avatar
Old Man Game
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,282
And1: 3,586
Joined: Jul 15, 2012

Re: Game 58: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22) @ Chicago Bulls (20-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#26 » by Old Man Game » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:16 am

NaturalThunder wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:I'll admit. I have an irrational dislike for Lavine.

That said, it was great to see him have a big night and still lose.

I don't know if I "hate" him, but he really annoys me. And I agree with you, it's mostly irrational.

I think it's because he's a pest of a player. He's mostly all flash and not substance. He's a gifted scorer and a horrendous defender. He's like a homeless man's, poor man's James Harden. What LaVine doesn't lead to team success. However, he is the type of player/scorer who, on any given night, as the best player of a terrible team, can get just hot enough to beat you.

And in our case, most years, we're a playoff caliber team that would usually have LaVine's team circled as a win on the schedule, so it's extra-annoying when he does get extra-hot and beats you.

Fortunately, tonight, we overcame it and held on to win.


Speaking of, this is the sort of game we'd have lost last year or the years prior. 100%.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 13,148
And1: 10,820
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Game 58: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22) @ Chicago Bulls (20-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#27 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:30 am

NaturalThunder wrote:LaVine scored 41 and White scored 35.

I mean Coby White isn't a special rookie or anything, so I thought surely after scoring 33 in his last two games, he'd come back down to earth against us. I mean rookies scoring 30+ in three straight games is pretty rare; especially when it's a pretty "meh" rookie. But nope, White scores 33 in his previous two games and comes out tonight and one-ups himself by scoring 35.

And still, at the end of the day, we held on to win. I don't love that we turned a 17-point halftime lead into a nailbiter of a win, but it's still a win at the end of the day.

The only reason White isn’t considered special is because he doesn’t do much else besides scoring. At worst he’s going to be a Lou Williams/Dennis Schroder microwave offense kind of guy. If he can score efficiently and add anything else to his game, he can become one of the best scorers in the league.
sleestak33
Junior
Posts: 388
And1: 150
Joined: Mar 17, 2017
   

Re: Game 58: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-22) @ Chicago Bulls (20-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#28 » by sleestak33 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Once again the best lineup in the NBA (Paul, SGA, Schroder, Adams and Gallinari) closes out a close game on the road. This team just continues to impress. The hot start by Gallinari was just incredible.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder