Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 10,947
And1: 7,518
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Mar 6, 2020 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 1,244
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:14 am

Nobody watching?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 13,147
And1: 10,820
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:24 am

Galloisdaman wrote:Nobody watching?

It feels a little redundant to post that I enjoy watching shai and that Ferguson sucks, but yes, I’m watching.
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 1,244
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#4 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:37 am

Team is more than 2 guys :)
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 1,244
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#5 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:44 am

Up 29. Think time to take the starters out.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
User avatar
Old Man Game
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,282
And1: 3,586
Joined: Jul 15, 2012

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#6 » by Old Man Game » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:06 am

Yeesh Knicks. It's just gotten sad at this point.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 13,147
And1: 10,820
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:20 pm

The last few years I've somewhat lost interest after the trade deadline because of lack of moves that don't signal any clear intentions of either going all in or committing to a rebuild. That being said, I really do enjoy watching Shai and I think this year will be one he looks back on as pivotal in his development for taking the next step.
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 1,244
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#8 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:58 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:The last few years I've somewhat lost interest after the trade deadline because of lack of moves that don't signal any clear intentions of either going all in or committing to a rebuild. That being said, I really do enjoy watching Shai and I think this year will be one he looks back on as pivotal in his development for taking the next step.

I understand. That could be true but I'm very proud of this team. I try to enjoy today. I think trading West and PG for years of draft pick is considered a step towards rebuilding by many fans.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 13,147
And1: 10,820
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#9 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 7, 2020 1:12 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:The last few years I've somewhat lost interest after the trade deadline because of lack of moves that don't signal any clear intentions of either going all in or committing to a rebuild. That being said, I really do enjoy watching Shai and I think this year will be one he looks back on as pivotal in his development for taking the next step.

I understand. That could be true but I'm very proud of this team. I try to enjoy today. I think trading West and PG for years of draft pick is considered a step towards rebuilding by many fans.

I agree that's obviously where they are heading. However, I don't care for limbo seasons like this one. Ultimately it could be for the best if the Knicks are willing to give positive value for CP3 and other things happen. It coul definitely be worse. I read on the Knicks forum that they were blasting music during their own player's (Portis) free throws to drown out "sell the team" chants by Knicks fans.
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 1,244
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#10 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 1:49 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:The last few years I've somewhat lost interest after the trade deadline because of lack of moves that don't signal any clear intentions of either going all in or committing to a rebuild. That being said, I really do enjoy watching Shai and I think this year will be one he looks back on as pivotal in his development for taking the next step.

I understand. That could be true but I'm very proud of this team. I try to enjoy today. I think trading West and PG for years of draft pick is considered a step towards rebuilding by many fans.

I agree that's obviously where they are heading. However, I don't care for limbo seasons like this one. Ultimately it could be for the best if the Knicks are willing to give positive value for CP3 and other things happen. It coul definitely be worse. I read on the Knicks forum that they were blasting music during their own player's (Portis) free throws to drown out "sell the team" chants by Knicks fans.

I think Frank Isola who has a history of trolling people is leading people down a CP3 wild goose chase. I do not think NY wants CP3 nor does CP3 want the knicks.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 13,147
And1: 10,820
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#11 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:47 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:I understand. That could be true but I'm very proud of this team. I try to enjoy today. I think trading West and PG for years of draft pick is considered a step towards rebuilding by many fans.

I agree that's obviously where they are heading. However, I don't care for limbo seasons like this one. Ultimately it could be for the best if the Knicks are willing to give positive value for CP3 and other things happen. It coul definitely be worse. I read on the Knicks forum that they were blasting music during their own player's (Portis) free throws to drown out "sell the team" chants by Knicks fans.

I think Frank Isola who has a history of trolling people is leading people down a CP3 wild goose chase. I do not think NY wants CP3 nor does CP3 want the knicks.

Possibly but the Knicks also have a longer have history of making horrible decisions and their new POBO is Paul's former agent. It's not the wildest idea.
Dadouv47
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,661
And1: 2,557
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#12 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:48 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:The last few years I've somewhat lost interest after the trade deadline because of lack of moves that don't signal any clear intentions of either going all in or committing to a rebuild. That being said, I really do enjoy watching Shai and I think this year will be one he looks back on as pivotal in his development for taking the next step.

I understand. That could be true but I'm very proud of this team. I try to enjoy today. I think trading West and PG for years of draft pick is considered a step towards rebuilding by many fans.

I agree that's obviously where they are heading. However, I don't care for limbo seasons like this one. Ultimately it could be for the best if the Knicks are willing to give positive value for CP3 and other things happen. It coul definitely be worse. I read on the Knicks forum that they were blasting music during their own player's (Portis) free throws to drown out "sell the team" chants by Knicks fans.


I want us to find a trade for CP3 but the Knicks players are so bad that I'm not sure we would be able to get a decent package in return
Thunder Up
Senior
Posts: 615
And1: 197
Joined: Jun 26, 2017
 

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#13 » by Thunder Up » Sat Mar 7, 2020 3:11 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:Nobody watching?

Not too interested in watching a team that only beats bad teams (for the most part) en route to possibly losing their draft pick and then making the second round at best

As the playoffs approach I’ll get more dialed in, especially if they can stay out of the top 10 records (Go 76ers, Go Pacers, Go Mavs)
Dadouv47
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,661
And1: 2,557
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#14 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:10 pm

Thunder Up wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:Nobody watching?

Not too interested in watching a team that only beats bad teams (for the most part) en route to possibly losing their draft pick and then making the second round at best

As the playoffs approach I’ll get more dialed in, especially if they can stay out of the top 10 records (Go 76ers, Go Pacers, Go Mavs)


Would be nice to get the 6th seed and play a worse team than the Clippers in the first round but now it's too risky considering the fact that the Pacers and 7ers are losing a lot of games. Time to rest CP3 and Gallo a bit...
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 1,244
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#15 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:51 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I agree that's obviously where they are heading. However, I don't care for limbo seasons like this one. Ultimately it could be for the best if the Knicks are willing to give positive value for CP3 and other things happen. It coul definitely be worse. I read on the Knicks forum that they were blasting music during their own player's (Portis) free throws to drown out "sell the team" chants by Knicks fans.

I think Frank Isola who has a history of trolling people is leading people down a CP3 wild goose chase. I do not think NY wants CP3 nor does CP3 want the knicks.

Possibly but the Knicks also have a longer have history of making horrible decisions and their new POBO is Paul's former agent. It's not the wildest idea.

I won't say it is impossible but I'd be willing to bet against it. If CP3 thought it was true he probably would not have trolled the owner and the organization last night with his sneakers. He definitely did not help Leon Rose who is already off to a shaky start.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 1,244
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#16 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:56 pm

Thunder Up wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:Nobody watching?

Not too interested in watching a team that only beats bad teams (for the most part) en route to possibly losing their draft pick and then making the second round at best

As the playoffs approach I’ll get more dialed in, especially if they can stay out of the top 10 records (Go 76ers, Go Pacers, Go Mavs)


I understand wanting the draft pick. For me I want to enjoy the ride. My 3 funnest seasons in sports where when 2 of my Ranger teams and a Giants team lost in the finals despite my Yankees, Rangers, and Giants winning rings in other seasons. Winning is great but if I can only enjoy championship winning seasons I will miss the ride. In fact I almost got bored with the Yanks winning every season. Sometimes it takes some bad to appreciate the good. :)
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Dadouv47
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,661
And1: 2,557
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#17 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:08 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Thunder Up wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:Nobody watching?

Not too interested in watching a team that only beats bad teams (for the most part) en route to possibly losing their draft pick and then making the second round at best

As the playoffs approach I’ll get more dialed in, especially if they can stay out of the top 10 records (Go 76ers, Go Pacers, Go Mavs)


I understand wanting the draft pick. For me I want to enjoy the ride. My 3 funnest seasons in sports where when 2 of my Ranger teams and a Giants team lost in the finals despite my Yankees, Rangers, and Giants winning rings in other seasons. Winning is great but if I can only enjoy championship winning seasons I will miss the ride. In fact I almost got bored with the Yanks winning every season. Sometimes it takes some bad to appreciate the good. :)


The ride will probably be a first round exit though. If we end up going to the 2nd round it would be HUGE for this team. I understand what u mean but our team isn't good enough for us to lose our first round pick. We have a better chance of drafting a future all star than going to the FInals this year (both really unlikely obviously)
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Starter
Posts: 2,467
And1: 1,244
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#18 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:33 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
Thunder Up wrote:Not too interested in watching a team that only beats bad teams (for the most part) en route to possibly losing their draft pick and then making the second round at best

As the playoffs approach I’ll get more dialed in, especially if they can stay out of the top 10 records (Go 76ers, Go Pacers, Go Mavs)


I understand wanting the draft pick. For me I want to enjoy the ride. My 3 funnest seasons in sports where when 2 of my Ranger teams and a Giants team lost in the finals despite my Yankees, Rangers, and Giants winning rings in other seasons. Winning is great but if I can only enjoy championship winning seasons I will miss the ride. In fact I almost got bored with the Yanks winning every season. Sometimes it takes some bad to appreciate the good. :)


The ride will probably be a first round exit though. If we end up going to the 2nd round it would be HUGE for this team. I understand what u mean but our team isn't good enough for us to lose our first round pick. We have a better chance of drafting a future all star than going to the FInals this year (both really unlikely obviously)


Well there is a legit chance that you will get your draft pick and I will also get my playoffs so we can both be happy. :)

Root for Philly, Indiana, and Dallas.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Thunder Up
Senior
Posts: 615
And1: 197
Joined: Jun 26, 2017
 

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#19 » by Thunder Up » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:08 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
I understand wanting the draft pick. For me I want to enjoy the ride. My 3 funnest seasons in sports where when 2 of my Ranger teams and a Giants team lost in the finals despite my Yankees, Rangers, and Giants winning rings in other seasons. Winning is great but if I can only enjoy championship winning seasons I will miss the ride. In fact I almost got bored with the Yanks winning every season. Sometimes it takes some bad to appreciate the good. :)


The ride will probably be a first round exit though. If we end up going to the 2nd round it would be HUGE for this team. I understand what u mean but our team isn't good enough for us to lose our first round pick. We have a better chance of drafting a future all star than going to the FInals this year (both really unlikely obviously)


Well there is a legit chance that you will get your draft pick and I will also get my playoffs so we can both be happy. :)

Root for Philly, Indiana, and Dallas.


Like I said, I want them to make the playoffs, but not at the expense of their own pick... I am great with finishing 11th or 12th overall and running through the playoffs as much as possible
Kizz Fastfists
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,478
And1: 1,354
Joined: Jun 05, 2014
   

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#20 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Mar 8, 2020 5:15 am

That pick is pretty much gone. With Embiid and Simmons being out they will stay ahead of Philly. Indiana won't catch them. They might pass Houston. OKC has an easy schedule the rest of the way. I find it unlikely that they have their own first. They will have Denver's pick.
"The biggest enemy of the negro is the white liberal." - Malcolm X

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder