Are they about to cancel the game???
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
Dadouv47
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,557

Re: Game 65: Oklahoma City Thunder (40-24) vs. Utah Jazz (41-23) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:19 am

Could be Coronavirus or just panic effect.
Kizz Fastfists
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,354

Post#4 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:41 am

Everyone is already there. Everyone has already been exposed. Play the damn game then let the fans spread it through the city so we can get over it before April gets here.
"The biggest enemy of the negro is the white liberal." - Malcolm X
Dadouv47
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:38 am

Season is over. We made the playoffs and didn't lose a single game. Feels good.
Galloisdaman
Starter
And1: 1,244

Post#6 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:57 pm

I totally understand wanting to be safe but I fear people are way overreacting. This is not Ebola. I hope all this fear is gone in 1-2 months. Call me crazy but looking at the stats I'm not scared. I do not want to catch it but if you are 50 or younger even if you catch it has less than a 1% chance of being fatal.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 10,820

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:35 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:I totally understand wanting to be safe but I fear people are way overreacting. This is not Ebola. I hope all this fear is gone in 1-2 months. Call me crazy but looking at the stats I'm not scared. I do not want to catch it but if you are 50 or younger even if you catch it has less than a 1% chance of being fatal.

I’m more concerned about economic impact and of course elderly ones. Oh well I guess it’s time to binge watch some other stuff.
Galloisdaman
Starter

Post#8 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:46 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:I totally understand wanting to be safe but I fear people are way overreacting. This is not Ebola. I hope all this fear is gone in 1-2 months. Call me crazy but looking at the stats I'm not scared. I do not want to catch it but if you are 50 or younger even if you catch it has less than a 1% chance of being fatal.

I’m more concerned about economic impact and of course elderly ones. Oh well I guess it’s time to binge watch some other stuff.

Those are valid concerns but its nuts how much fear mongering and panic is going on. It is normal to be cautious but should keep to facts not hype. We have more people die every single day in cars than this virus has killed in total. This is not ebola or anything near it. Its closer to other upper repository illnesses. My hope is the warm weather coming will help decrease the spread a lot.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Dadouv47
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Clearly not as dangerous as Ebola but it's contagious as ****

I was on the ''people are overreacting'' bandwagon until a couple of days, but it's tough to deny how dangerous it can be when u read deeply about what's happening worldwide and new informations are coming, it doesn't look so good.
On a personal note I have respiratory issues and my parents are old so...a bit concerned.

Obviously the NBA players and other athletes will react pretty well to the virus but it shows how contagious it is.

Some people are clearly overreacting but I guess suspending sport events for a couple of weeks before making a final decision is the safest choice.
Galloisdaman
Starter

Post#10 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:

I was on the ''people are overreacting'' bandwagon until a couple of days, but it's tough to deny how dangerous it can be when u read deeply about what's happening worldwide and new informations are coming, it doesn't look so good.
On a personal note I have respiratory issues and my parents are old so...a bit concerned.

Obviously the NBA players and other athletes will react pretty well to the virus but it shows how contagious it is.

Some people are clearly overreacting but I guess suspending sport events for a couple of weeks before making a final decision is the safest choice.

Nothing wrong with being safe but people are letting fear drive them while ignoring facts. You said it is very contagious. You are right but that goes to my point. Usually the most contagious viruses are the least deadly while the harder to get viruses are the most deadly. I'm not saying people can not catch this anymore than I would say that about a cold, the flu or Pneumonia. What I'm hoping for is that in a month people will realize that for people aged 50 and under less than 1% that catch this will die.
Jstock12
General Manager
And1: 16,207

Post#11 » by Jstock12 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:20 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

What I'm hoping for is that in a month people will realize that for people aged 50 and under less than 1% that catch this will die.

I don't think it's under 1%. But that aside, I think most people are more concerned about infecting their parents/grandparents and/or other loved ones with pre-existing conditions. You could be killing off your family members without realizing it.
Galloisdaman
Starter

Post#12 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

What I'm hoping for is that in a month people will realize that for people aged 50 and under less than 1% that catch this will die.

I don't think it's under 1%. But that aside, I think most people are more concerned about infecting their parents/grandparents and/or other loved ones with pre-existing conditions. You could be killing off your family members without realizing it.

Right now they say about 1% for 50 and under but once all cases are really documented that will fall fast.

I agree with you about other people. That is a horrible situation I'm faced with right now with my dad who is in a bad situation with cancer.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder