Troy Weaver

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 3,143

Troy Weaver 

Post#1 » by Pharaoh » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:47 am

Come in peace as a Piston.

Every article I've read about Weaver suggests the Pistons finally did something right!

As Thunder faithful what moves do you guys attribute to him, what are gis strengths and weaknesses as a executive, is his reputation well earned or has he just served under Presti long enough that some of the shine naturally flowed downstream?

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 10,820

Re: Troy Weaver 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:28 am

Pharaoh wrote:Come in peace as a Piston.

Every article I've read about Weaver suggests the Pistons finally did something right!

As Thunder faithful what moves do you guys attribute to him, what are gis strengths and weaknesses as a executive, is his reputation well earned or has he just served under Presti long enough that some of the shine naturally flowed downstream?

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

Seems like a solid hire. I'm glad for Weaver since he's had his name thrown around so many times. His main claim to fame is pushing Presti to take Westrbrook in the draft. The thunder don't have many, if any, interviews with front office personnel besides Presti himself. I think it seems like a solid hire, but who knows? Rob Hennigen seemed like a good hire for Orlando too and that didn't work out. If I were a Piston's fan, I would feel pretty good about it.
jambalaya
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#3 » by jambalaya » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Can't know quality from the outside.

But here are a string of tweets with some questions that can be raised, starting here.
Read on Twitter

Which of the possible negatives did the Pistons dig into or not? Care about?

More likely average to good than great or terrible, but that is true for most. Time to find out.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 1,718

Post#4 » by getrichordie » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:24 am

jambalaya wrote:Can't know quality from the outside.

But here are a string of tweets with some questions that can be raised, starting here.
Read on Twitter

Which of the possible negatives did the Pistons dig into or not? Care about?

More likely average to good than great or terrible, but that is true for most. Time to find out.

This doesn't mean much. There's no telling who Weaver liked or didn't like and if he was able to sway Presti to take player X over player Z.
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder