2020-21 Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,331
And1: 13,466
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#221 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:46 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Hope markelle fultz can keep having success. Jumper still is bad looking, but if it goes in that's okay

Just watched some highlights. His jumper looks like shai’s to me.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,331
And1: 13,466
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#222 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Read on Twitter
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,368
And1: 2,822
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#223 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:03 am

Houston 0-2 is nice for us but Wood is really impressive. A bit less optimistic about our chances to get a good pick from them (will depend on Harden's future I guess).
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,331
And1: 13,466
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#224 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:03 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Houston 0-2 is nice for us but Wood is really impressive. A bit less optimistic about our chances to get a good pick from them (will depend on Harden's future I guess).

The Christian Wood hype is real. I’m not really sure what to think of Houston right now, especially with the Harden situation. Dinwiddie’s injury seems like it kills Brooklyn’s chances. If Wall looks as good as he did in preseason and Cousins can contribute, I don’t think it’s totally crazy to think harden agrees to play out the season.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 19,094
And1: 7,376
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#225 » by spearsy23 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:10 pm

The pistons letting wood walk then signing a bunch of bigs made no sense. The pistons guys I follow on Twitter were all flabbergasted by it. He's been good, so it's not even like this is surprising.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,331
And1: 13,466
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#226 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:41 pm

spearsy23 wrote:The pistons letting wood walk then signing a bunch of bigs made no sense. The pistons guys I follow on Twitter were all flabbergasted by it. He's been good, so it's not even like this is surprising.

There is a thread on the pistons forum discussing the fact that wood wanted to stay in Detroit. Troy Weaver looks like a horrible GM so far.
thedoppelganger
Junior
Posts: 281
And1: 199
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
 

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#227 » by thedoppelganger » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Grizz are going to pile up the L's without him and JJJ for that time
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,368
And1: 2,822
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#228 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:19 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Grizz are going to pile up the L's without him and JJJ for that time


Yup. Morant got lucky it wasn't worse so it's fine. Memphis will have a nice pick which is fine for them since they are far from contending and the draft is so stacked.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,331
And1: 13,466
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#229 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:00 pm

I really can't believe Cameron Payne has turned in to an NBA player. Good for him.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,368
And1: 2,822
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#230 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:29 am

Maybe the Houston swap won't be good after all ;(

Well it's really difficult to have an idea about what will happen to the Rockets this year but talent wise they look really strong.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,331
And1: 13,466
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#231 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:41 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Maybe the Houston swap won't be good after all ;(

Well it's really difficult to have an idea about what will happen to the Rockets this year but talent wise they look really strong.

I watched their game until ours came on. I wasn’t that impressed. They don’t play much defense.
User avatar
jake_swivel
Junior
Posts: 362
And1: 155
Joined: Jul 07, 2019

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#232 » by jake_swivel » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:31 am

Aww, Durant misses game winner against the Wiz. Hate to see it.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,331
And1: 13,466
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#233 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:31 pm

jake_swivel wrote:Aww, Durant misses game winner against the Wiz. Hate to see it.

People got a little too hyped for Brooklyn. Russ is still maddening to watch. That last three he bricked and let his arm hang in the air without getting back on defense is unreal. I can't believe teammates don't call him out.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 19,094
And1: 7,376
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#234 » by spearsy23 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 6:11 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:Aww, Durant misses game winner against the Wiz. Hate to see it.

People got a little too hyped for Brooklyn. Russ is still maddening to watch. That last three he bricked and let his arm hang in the air without getting back on defense is unreal. I can't believe teammates don't call him out.

Losing dinwiddie is big. That's a borderline all-star they're missing now. Especially hurts in non KD/Kyrie minutes.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 6,368
And1: 2,822
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#235 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:50 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:Aww, Durant misses game winner against the Wiz. Hate to see it.

People got a little too hyped for Brooklyn. Russ is still maddening to watch. That last three he bricked and let his arm hang in the air without getting back on defense is unreal. I can't believe teammates don't call him out.


way too much hype...probably because Durant is back at 100% and they looked good so it's legit to have high expectations.

Dinwiddie injured or not I just think it's very difficult to win a Championship with such a bad defense.
User avatar
Old Man Game
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,569
And1: 3,766
Joined: Jul 15, 2012

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#236 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:26 pm

Ouch.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,331
And1: 13,466
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#237 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:57 pm

Old Man Game wrote:Ouch.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Bummer. He really needed experience.
thedoppelganger
Junior
Posts: 281
And1: 199
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
 

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#238 » by thedoppelganger » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:21 pm

Starting to think our main competition for worst record will come down to the Pistons and Wolves. With Hayes out with that hip injury, Rose stepping in may lead to some more wins, but Blake has looked much worse than I was hoping.

The Wolves..man I just feel bad for their fans. Hopefully KAT returning stabilizes them, but the defense is so atrocious I don't see how they have any shot to even get to the play-in game. Don't understand their roster construction at all and Culver continues to underwhelm.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 15,331
And1: 13,466
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#239 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:04 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:Starting to think our main competition for worst record will come down to the Pistons and Wolves. With Hayes out with that hip injury, Rose stepping in may lead to some more wins, but Blake has looked much worse than I was hoping.

The Wolves..man I just feel bad for their fans. Hopefully KAT returning stabilizes them, but the defense is so atrocious I don't see how they have any shot to even get to the play-in game. Don't understand their roster construction at all and Culver continues to underwhelm.

Right now we have an SRS of -7.59 and which is the third worst in the league. Minnesota leads the way at -16.30. There are only 4 teams in the west right now with a + SRS. It still feels like everything is out of whack right now with the quick restart. Things should even out soon but I think you are right about Minny and Detroit.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 19,094
And1: 7,376
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#240 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:45 pm

I think I'm good without John collins
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder