2020-21 Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,100
And1: 3,103
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#401 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:52 pm

Indiana could get a very very good package if they decide to trade Sabonis/Turner/Brogdon. Think they will wait (this offseason or next season) before trading all their valuable players.

If we are ''tanking'' next season, gonna be difficult to compete against Orlando.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,276
And1: 14,588
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#402 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:47 am

I’m going to temporarily lock this for today so we don’t inadvertently get two trade deadline threads going. If something big happens unrelated to trades, I’ll unlock it. Post all trade stuff for okc and others here.

viewtopic.php?f=334&t=1939239&start=1160
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,276
And1: 14,588
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#403 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:48 am

Miami losing 6 in a row isn't the worst thing in the world for us.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,100
And1: 3,103
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#404 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:33 pm

Should be happy about LMA not signing in Miami but I hate KD/Harden/Kyrie way too much ;(

Could still cost us Miami 1-2 seed so it's good for us. Miami schedule is pretty easy for the next game...hope the Celtics/Hawks/Hornets keep winning games.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,276
And1: 14,588
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#405 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:33 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Should be happy about LMA not signing in Miami but I hate KD/Harden/Kyrie way too much ;(

Could still cost us Miami 1-2 seed so it's good for us. Miami schedule is pretty easy for the next game...hope the Celtics/Hawks/Hornets keep winning games.

It just feels like they are one Jimmy Butler ankle sprain away from the lottery. It's hard to believe they've lost 6 in a row.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,100
And1: 3,103
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#406 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:42 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Should be happy about LMA not signing in Miami but I hate KD/Harden/Kyrie way too much ;(

Could still cost us Miami 1-2 seed so it's good for us. Miami schedule is pretty easy for the next game...hope the Celtics/Hawks/Hornets keep winning games.

It just feels like they are one Jimmy Butler ankle sprain away from the lottery. It's hard to believe they've lost 6 in a row.


their schedule is easy but they lost to some bad teams so...

A Jimmy Butler ankle sprain in their last 10 games + play in (we need the rules) could change everything for sure ;)

At least that pick will likely be in the late 10's and not around 25 so that's already pretty decent.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,276
And1: 14,588
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#407 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:49 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Should be happy about LMA not signing in Miami but I hate KD/Harden/Kyrie way too much ;(

Could still cost us Miami 1-2 seed so it's good for us. Miami schedule is pretty easy for the next game...hope the Celtics/Hawks/Hornets keep winning games.

It just feels like they are one Jimmy Butler ankle sprain away from the lottery. It's hard to believe they've lost 6 in a row.


their schedule is easy but they lost to some bad teams so...

A Jimmy Butler ankle sprain in their last 10 games + play in (we need the rules) could change everything for sure ;)

At least that pick will likely be in the late 10's and not around 25 so that's already pretty decent.

Ya and I'm ok if twe rade up with the Miami pick from something like 17 to 10. It doesn't feel as big of an asset waste as trading up from say 11 to 6 with our own pick that should have already been in the range if we hadn't overachieved.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,276
And1: 14,588
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#408 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:22 am

Meant to share this earlier. Kind of funny.
Read on Twitter
?
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,276
And1: 14,588
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#409 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:39 pm

I absolutely despise giving any form of attention to garbage media like SAS, but Russ' answer was so good I thought it was worth sharing in case anyone hadn't seen it yet.

Read on Twitter
Devilanche
Veteran
Posts: 2,687
And1: 114
Joined: Dec 22, 2010

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#410 » by Devilanche » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:53 pm

Love the response.
thedoppelganger
Junior
Posts: 436
And1: 312
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
 

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#411 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Long thread of JJ calling out the Pelicans front office. Glad the Thunder have made an effort to have a positive reputation among players/agents over the past few years, small markets can't afford to do stuff like this
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,100
And1: 3,103
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#412 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:40 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Long thread of JJ calling out the Pelicans front office. Glad the Thunder have made an effort to have a positive reputation among players/agents over the past few years, small markets can't afford to do stuff like this


Looks like he was high on Kenrich Williams

Guess Kenrich is one of the most underrated players amongst casual fans. Not that he's that good but most fanbase don't even know him...
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,100
And1: 3,103
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#413 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm

Off topic but what else did NOLA wrong in the past 6 months? If he's talking about the Jrue trade, that's kind of weird.

Not a great move from Griffin to piss off a player that has a big voice amongst players to get a 2nd round pick in return
User avatar
jake_swivel
Senior
Posts: 577
And1: 287
Joined: Jul 07, 2019

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#414 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:40 am

I love portland’s lineup right now. Dame, McCollum, Powell, cov, and Nurkic are gonna cause some problems for any team.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,276
And1: 14,588
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#415 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:19 am

jake_swivel wrote:I love portland’s lineup right now. Dame, McCollum, Powell, cov, and Nurkic are gonna cause some problems for any team.

Imagine if Nurkic was his pre injury self. Right now his best skill is not going kanter, but he was better than CJ a couple of years ago.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,100
And1: 3,103
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#416 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:01 am

Wizards are so bad omg. We will need to play 4 vs 5 to lose the two games against them.

We are unlucky some decent teams in the East like Boston and Indiana are underperforming...Miami will probably end up 4th.
Devilanche
Veteran
Posts: 2,687
And1: 114
Joined: Dec 22, 2010

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#417 » by Devilanche » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:59 am

So long as Beal and Westbrook is playing and SGA isn’t we have a chance .
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,276
And1: 14,588
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#418 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:07 am

Devilanche wrote:So long as Beal and Westbrook is playing and SGA isn’t we have a chance .

We’ve had so few games where the team doesn’t show up and compete hard. Losing 1 out of 2 feels like a best case scenario.
Devilanche
Veteran
Posts: 2,687
And1: 114
Joined: Dec 22, 2010

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#419 » by Devilanche » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:20 am

We need our opponent to try hard !
User avatar
Old Man Game
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,656
And1: 3,817
Joined: Jul 15, 2012

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#420 » by Old Man Game » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:08 am

Did you all see the KD Michael Rapaport thing? Durant and the internet and being weird again.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder