2020-21 Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#81 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:36 am

Read on Twitter

Ok that makes it really solid for Washington. Unbelievable how poorly this all turned out from Houston since giving up so much for Russ last year.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#82 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:50 am

John wall and harden will be interesting.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,114

Post#83 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:02 am

Houston got only one lottery protected FRP? Wow that's terrible for Houston! Great deal for us in order to get a high pick from Houston :)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#84 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:58 am

Well I overreacted a bit since it appears that John Wall is doing well during the offseason but the potential about Houston having a loterry pick is higher now. It's also slightly improves our odds to get the 2021 GSW pick (even if I think it won't convey)
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#85 » by jake_swivel » Thu Dec 3, 2020 10:37 am

ThunderBolt wrote:John wall and harden will be interesting.

Feels boom or bust for Houston. John Wall four years ago fits with Harden better than today’s Russ. Is a 30 year old Wall who hasn’t played a full season going to be a better fit? I don’t think anyone knows. Hopefully for our sake he’s washed. There’s a pretty decent possibility that’s the case, I think.

I do think that in the last three years that the nba has moved further away from what Wall did well.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:18 am

jake_swivel wrote:

Feels boom or bust for Houston. John Wall four years ago fits with Harden better than today’s Russ. Is a 30 year old Wall who hasn’t played a full season going to be a better fit? I don’t think anyone knows. Hopefully for our sake he’s washed. There’s a pretty decent possibility that’s the case, I think.

I do think that in the last three years that the nba has moved further away from what Wall did well.

If they had just kept covington and added wood I think they would have had a great starting five.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:20 am

spearsy23 wrote:People are forgetting the year russ was having pre-covid. Put him in the same type of spacing with a better fit next to him and a coach that will actually run pick and rolls? It could be another really good year or two.

I agree but they are also remembering this is the third year in a row he’s looked bad in then playoffs.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#88 » by spearsy23 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:32 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:People are forgetting the year russ was having pre-covid. Put him in the same type of spacing with a better fit next to him and a coach that will actually run pick and rolls? It could be another really good year or two.

I agree but they are also remembering this is the third year in a row he’s looked bad in then playoffs.

He was also coming off injury and covid. That said, I don't think he's making them anything resembling a contender but they should be fun and make the playoffs at least.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:37 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

He was also coming off injury and covid. That said, I don't think he's making them anything resembling a contender but they should be fun and make the playoffs at least.

I can cheer for him on the Wizards. I had a hard time wishing him success in Houston.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#90 » by Balkman32 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:35 pm

Do we think Harden plays another game for the Rockets?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:40 pm

Balkman32 wrote:

Do we think Harden plays another game for the Rockets?

Who knows? If I'm houston, I'm in no hurry to trade him to brooklyn. Their assets aren't that great. The Golden State rumors are interesting. I would like to see that one happen.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 5, 2020 11:54 pm

Russ was as pleasant as I’ve ever seen. I wish he had been this way more often with the media here. He was complimentary of okc.

Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#93 » by Old Man Game » Mon Dec 7, 2020 2:45 pm

So Harden not only didn't report to camp, but was seen at a rapper's birthday party and throwing money at strippers. During the pandemic. Not a mask or even basic social distancing in sight.

I really enjoy watching him play. When he was here he was probably my favorite player (hence my screen name which was a nod to him at the time) but wow, lot of evidence that he's basically a garbage human being.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 7, 2020 3:08 pm

Old Man Game wrote:So Harden not only didn't report to camp, but was seen at a rapper's birthday party and throwing money at strippers. During the pandemic. Not a mask or even basic social distancing in sight.

I really enjoy watching him play. When he was here he was probably my favorite player (hence my screen name which was a nod to him at the time) but wow, lot of evidence that he's basically a garbage human being.

Its normally easier to be a fan of many of these guys if you don't follow them off of the court.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#95 » by Old Man Game » Mon Dec 7, 2020 3:53 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:So Harden not only didn't report to camp, but was seen at a rapper's birthday party and throwing money at strippers. During the pandemic. Not a mask or even basic social distancing in sight.

Its normally easier to be a fan of many of these guys if you don't follow them off of the court.

That's probably true. Did you ever read that "Paul Shirley Journal" thing that ESPN.com had on its site? This was many many years ago when that guy was in the league. One thing that was interesting about it is he was very self aware of how egotistical and difficult pro athletes were. After reading it I've sort of presumed ever since that they're basically all people I wouldn't want to actually hang out with in real life.

But, there's being a jerk and then there's thumbing your nose at a pandemic that has killed over 280,000 people and shut your league down for large spans of time. Sort of a different level in my opinion. I hope the commissioner starts fining the hell out of players that do this. It isn't about any individual's risk (which we believe to be quite low), it is about the risk of disruption from outbreaks on a team, that risk being quite high if this sort of stuff happens.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#96 » by thedoppelganger » Mon Dec 7, 2020 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Harden vs Fertito will be a battle for the ages, feels like Tillman is petty enough he wouldn't want to trade Harden to either the place he wants to go (Brooklyn) or the place his former employee went (Sixers)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 7, 2020 9:24 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Harden vs Fertito will be a battle for the ages, feels like Tillman is petty enough he wouldn't want to trade Harden to either the place he wants to go (Brooklyn) or the place his former employee went (Sixers)

I posted this on the GB but I really think that Tillman would prefer James never shows up and then he refuses to pay his salary.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#98 » by bbms » Mon Dec 7, 2020 10:20 pm

He never struck me as a spartan warrior in terms of self-discipline.
I bet he never shows up, or test positive.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#99 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Dec 7, 2020 10:34 pm

Think Harden in Golden State is a real possibility and the best case scenario for us (more chances of our GSW pick to convey and probably the trade partner that will not help Houston to improve for this season with Rookie and future Minny pick).

A potential Harden trade is really good for our pick swap this year but not that much for the 2024-2026 picks...
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:17 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Think Harden in Golden State is a real possibility and the best case scenario for us (more chances of our GSW pick to convey and probably the trade partner that will not help Houston to improve for this season with Rookie and future Minny pick).

A potential Harden trade is really good for our pick swap this year but not that much for the 2024-2026 picks...

Is there any new rumor about this?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder