20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,375
And1: 14,711
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#841 » by ThunderBolt » Sun May 16, 2021 12:23 am

bondom34 wrote:The GB gets mad if you are a "treadmill team"

The GB gets mad if you lose.

The GB gets mad if your team is too good.

The GB gets mad if you have a player they don't like.
Dn4sty
Veteran
Posts: 2,964
And1: 1,606
Joined: Apr 11, 2017

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#842 » by Dn4sty » Sun May 16, 2021 12:27 am




I was just about to post this. Surely it’s not guaranteed at all for next season.

I also wonder if this is Presti tipping everyone off to what the plan is for next season
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,361
And1: 3,245
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#843 » by Dadouv47 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:57 am

Dn4sty wrote:



I was just about to post this. Surely it’s not guaranteed at all for next season.

I also wonder if this is Presti tipping everyone off to what the plan is for next season


Came to post exactly the same :lol:

I missed last couple of games but what did I miss for us to sign him?

I don't know what will happen on draft night and how many guys we will draft & keep (at least 2 I hope) and we will certainly need to pay some guys because of salary cap so I really don't understand this signing.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,361
And1: 3,245
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#844 » by Dadouv47 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:01 am

Paying Charlie Brown Jr over Hoard is weird as well.

Guess odds of resigning Svi & Bradley are lower now.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,361
And1: 3,245
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#845 » by Dadouv47 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:11 am

This is so weird that we may have signed him on a crappy deal for a Horford trade to match or something (we have other players to trade though).
Dn4sty
Veteran
Posts: 2,964
And1: 1,606
Joined: Apr 11, 2017

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#846 » by Dn4sty » Sun May 16, 2021 1:26 am

I honestly would guess that his 10 day was up and this gives him money for tomorrow and the ability to evaluate him leading up to next season.

I’d be shocked if he’s on the roster next season
User avatar
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
Posts: 3,035
And1: 5,831
Joined: Oct 29, 2013
 

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#847 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Sun May 16, 2021 2:31 am

Contract is just a Moses Brown type one; bunch of control for OKC with non-guarantee clauses
Image
Devilanche
Veteran
Posts: 2,831
And1: 193
Joined: Dec 22, 2010

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#848 » by Devilanche » Sun May 16, 2021 3:51 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Paying Charlie Brown Jr over Hoard is weird as well.

Guess odds of resigning Svi & Bradley are lower now.



When does hoard 10 day deal run out ? I’m guessing he will get the same and the plan is to bring everyone back to training camp next season and then do the cut for those that didn’t show improvement over the offseason.
User avatar
jake_swivel
Senior
Posts: 690
And1: 376
Joined: Jul 07, 2019

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#849 » by jake_swivel » Sun May 16, 2021 5:00 am

Maybe he just has a really good personality.
User avatar
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
Posts: 3,035
And1: 5,831
Joined: Oct 29, 2013
 

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#850 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Sun May 16, 2021 5:22 am

Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Paying Charlie Brown Jr over Hoard is weird as well.

Guess odds of resigning Svi & Bradley are lower now.



When does hoard 10 day deal run out ? I’m guessing he will get the same and the plan is to bring everyone back to training camp next season and then do the cut for those that didn’t show improvement over the offseason.


Hoard is on a 2-way contract IIRC, got the signing after Moses Brown got converted to a standard
Image
Devilanche
Veteran
Posts: 2,831
And1: 193
Joined: Dec 22, 2010

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#851 » by Devilanche » Sun May 16, 2021 5:52 am

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Paying Charlie Brown Jr over Hoard is weird as well.

Guess odds of resigning Svi & Bradley are lower now.



When does hoard 10 day deal run out ? I’m guessing he will get the same and the plan is to bring everyone back to training camp next season and then do the cut for those that didn’t show improvement over the offseason.


Hoard is on a 2-way contract IIRC, got the signing after Moses Brown got converted to a standard

Thanks , if we are bringing back hoard then it’s probably a deal for next season ? Pretty sure he’s getting a camp invite ?

Presti wasn’t afraid to cut off guaranteed money this season so we may see more of the same.
thedoppelganger
Junior
Posts: 481
And1: 359
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
 

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#852 » by thedoppelganger » Sun May 16, 2021 7:50 pm

The Charlie Brown deal seems like we’re giving him a bonus for playing with us this year and can cut him at no expense in the off-season. I’d be surprised if he’s on the team next year given the number of incoming draft picks and how little he’s shown so far.

Heat and Sixers now have nothing to play for tonight in their games against Detroit and Orlando, so might get lucky there. Slightly nervous about what the clippers are going to do, but a win pairs them up with Portland which is a great matchup so hopefully they’ll gun for that.
Devilanche
Veteran
Posts: 2,831
And1: 193
Joined: Dec 22, 2010

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#853 » by Devilanche » Mon May 17, 2021 12:26 am

thedoppelganger wrote:The Charlie Brown deal seems like we’re giving him a bonus for playing with us this year and can cut him at no expense in the off-season. I’d be surprised if he’s on the team next year given the number of incoming draft picks and how little he’s shown so far.

Heat and Sixers now have nothing to play for tonight in their games against Detroit and Orlando, so might get lucky there. Slightly nervous about what the clippers are going to do, but a win pairs them up with Portland which is a great matchup so hopefully they’ll gun for that.


I think we are bringing Charlie Brown back to camp at least. Don’t think he make it past camp.

Hope at least one of Detroit or Orlando wins if not both. LAC matchup still need depends on what Denver outcome is but they avoided LAL in the first round already .
cjmcallist
Senior
Posts: 749
And1: 306
Joined: Jul 27, 2018
 

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#854 » by cjmcallist » Mon May 17, 2021 3:18 am

Don’t know what happened in ORL/PHI, but I went from cloud 9 to pissed in a couple of hours.
Devilanche
Veteran
Posts: 2,831
And1: 193
Joined: Dec 22, 2010

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#855 » by Devilanche » Mon May 17, 2021 5:40 am

cjmcallist wrote:Don’t know what happened in ORL/PHI, but I went from cloud 9 to pissed in a couple of hours.
the balls can still fall in our favour.
User avatar
Old Man Game
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,699
And1: 3,849
Joined: Jul 15, 2012

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#856 » by Old Man Game » Mon May 17, 2021 11:57 am

I can't believe we messed around and actually won that game. I know in absolute terms it wasn't a huge hit t our odds, but it's still annoying considering there was zero reason to win it and every incentive to lose it. Why have Moses Brown, who was killing them, in the game that long? I would have run Poku at center and let one of the two way guys run point.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,361
And1: 3,245
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#857 » by Dadouv47 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:31 pm

Old Man Game wrote:I can't believe we messed around and actually won that game. I know in absolute terms it wasn't a huge hit t our odds, but it's still annoying considering there was zero reason to win it and every incentive to lose it. Why have Moses Brown, who was killing them, in the game that long? I would have run Poku at center and let one of the two way guys run point.


yeah we lost an average of 0.3 or 0.6 seed depending on the outcome of our coin flip with the Cavs. Not THAT bad since Minny won.

You don't want to ask your guys to lose on purpose but at the same time we were resting a lot of our best "bad" players so it wasn't that crazy to make some tanking late in the game (coach D taking a challenge in the 3rd quarter when the Clippers opened a small lead wasstupid, it's not gonna help our development and it was bad for the outcome of the game).

Clippers got many in & out shots late in the game...I really hope we will get more luck comes lottery night.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,361
And1: 3,245
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#858 » by Dadouv47 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:05 am

so that's how a rebuild look like? This was a weird season. Lottery & draft nights are gonna define our season, which is the case for most rebuilding teams but even more in our case with our own pick and the houston pick swap.

Guess SGA playing at such a high level was the only great thing from this season. Dort was pretty good, Poku looks like a good gamble, Maledon looks like a top 20 FRP and not a SRP. Jerome is kind of a nice surprise but still not a very high ceiling either. Bazley is the biggest disappointment of this season and it's not close.

No idea if we gonna draft 8-18 or 1-5 but we badly need to draft well if we want a quick rebuild and keep SGA.
namlede
Freshman
Posts: 83
And1: 42
Joined: Nov 08, 2020

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#859 » by namlede » Tue May 18, 2021 3:14 am

If we get 6 7 or 8 I hope Presti does whatever he can to move into the top 4. I wouldn't trade too much to get to 5 and grab Kuminga. but.......

Cunningham/Suggs/Green/Mobley is worth giving up a couple future firsts imo. Lightly protected.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,361
And1: 3,245
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#860 » by Dadouv47 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:30 am

namlede wrote:If we get 6 7 or 8 I hope Presti does whatever he can to move into the top 4. I wouldn't trade too much to get to 5 and grab Kuminga. but.......

Cunningham/Suggs/Green/Mobley is worth giving up a couple future firsts imo. Lightly protected.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app


dont think teams will move down into the draft for picks only. You have to add good NBA players. Well we will need to see who will get which pick but at least from teams with a bad record, I don't see any willing to move down from top 4 to 8.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder