Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Re: 2021 OKC Blue Season Thread 

Post#2 » by retrobro90 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:09 pm

Not sure what Vit Krejci's timeline is on his rehab but I hope we get to see him play. Excited to watch the game against the Ignite on 2/12 too.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,207

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:14 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Not sure what Vit Krejci's timeline is on his rehab but I hope we get to see him play. Excited to watch the game against the Ignite on 2/12 too.

I read his acl injury was in September but for some reason we’re sending him to the g league? Something doesn’t add up. Maybe I read some wrong info.

Edit- apparently he’ll be doing rehab while with the blue.
Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Game feed.

bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,126

Post#5 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Well Poku is not better in the G League :(
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#6 » by jambalaya » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:14 pm

Pokusevski 0 for 5 so far in first half.

https://stats.nba.com/game/2022000008/
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by jambalaya » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Now 1 for 6.

Probably much of time against Trevon Scott. Whoever that is.

Scott had a decent season as a 5th year senior at Cincinnati. But not enough to get drafted or come to my attention at all previously.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Well Poku is not better in the G League :(

That shot is bad in any league.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#9 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:37 pm

The same issues Poku had in the NBA will be the same he has with the Blue until he has at least a full offseason to really work on his game/body with our staff. He had moments in the first half where you could see the positive passing instincts, and was able to beat his man off the dribble a few times.

The main issue is he can't make up his mind on what to do once he starts dribbling, and ends up looking like a video game character where someone is just mashing buttons to see what happens. He had several catch and shoot opportunities where he hesitated, took one dribble and gave the defense time to reset instead of taking the open shot or aggressively attacking. I think they'll be able to coach some of it out of him eventually, but it'll be ugly for a long while.
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by jambalaya » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:06 pm

The boxscore disappeared for the moment.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Last spring I got a really cool Patagonia fleece on sale as the weather was getting warm. I put it in my closet and pretty much forgot about it until this week when it got really cold and I was looking for a warm shirt to wear to the store. It was kind of cool because I felt like I got a new shirt when I found it. If it had gotten thrown in the garbage, I likely wouldn’t have ever remembered.

That’s kind of how I feel about Poku right now going to the g league. Let’s give him every opportunity there to develop . If he improves enough to get NBA playing time, great! But I’m not counting on it.
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by jambalaya » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:17 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba-g-league/scoreboard

Boxscore available.

Pokusevski 2 for 10.

6 others appeared to play well. Brown and 5 non Thunder roster at this time guys.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:27 pm

Anyone know why Hall didn’t play?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Poku may be the worst player I've ever seen.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,126

Post#15 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Poku may be the worst player I've ever seen.

Glad we only traded Schroeder and Grant to get him :banghead: :banghead:

I doubt a team would offer more than a late 2nd round pick for him.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:41 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Poku may be the worst player I've ever seen.

Glad we only traded Schroeder and Grant to get him :banghead: :banghead:

I doubt a team would offer more than a late 2nd round pick for him.

I really feel like players need until the end of year two to have any kind of an idea about their future but I've never seen any one quite like him.
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#17 » by thedoppelganger » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:42 pm

Notes so far: Antonious Cleveland is forcing Kuminga into a lot of turnovers, who isn't having near of easy a time as he did in the Ignite's first game. Could see us giving Cleveland some 10 days late in the season if we have open roster spots.

Moses Brown is going to put up decent stat lines in the G League but no chance he'll make it at the next level.

Xavier Simpson is a point guard I guess and his signature shot appears to be a running hook across the lane?

Jalen Green looks much more under control, using his athleticism really well to get to the basket in the half court. His defense is pretty terrible at this point, to be expected I guess, but he's a fun player to watch when he gets going on offense..

Biggest concern with Poku is his frame, especially on offense. He seems really intimidated/scared of contact in the lane and shies away from all physicality, which explains his lack of any FT attempts at this point. I don't know if I've seen an NBA player with such narrow shoulders, which also makes it look like he's slouching and constantly has bad body language.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:49 pm

Spoiler:
thedoppelganger wrote:Notes so far: Antonious Cleveland is forcing Kuminga into a lot of turnovers, who isn't having near of easy a time as he did in the Ignite's first game. Could see us giving Cleveland some 10 days late in the season if we have open roster spots.

Moses Brown is going to put up decent stat lines in the G League but no chance he'll make it at the next level.

Xavier Simpson is a point guard I guess and his signature shot appears to be a running hook across the lane?

Jalen Green looks much more under control, using his athleticism really well to get to the basket in the half court. His defense is pretty terrible at this point, to be expected I guess, but he's a fun player to watch when he gets going on offense..

Biggest concern with Poku is his frame, especially on offense. He seems really intimidated/scared of contact in the lane and shies away from all physicality, which explains his lack of any FT attempts at this point. I don't know if I've seen an NBA player with such narrow shoulders, which also makes it look like he's slouching and constantly has bad body language.

Any idea why Hall hasn't played?
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#19 » by thedoppelganger » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:04 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Spoiler:
thedoppelganger wrote:Notes so far: Antonious Cleveland is forcing Kuminga into a lot of turnovers, who isn't having near of easy a time as he did in the Ignite's first game. Could see us giving Cleveland some 10 days late in the season if we have open roster spots.

Any idea why Hall hasn't played?

Haven't heard anything on the broadcast or even been able to tell if he's in uniform.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:25 pm

I just love everything I’ve seen from Kuminga. He and Cade seem like the top two guys in my opinion. It’s a shame several of his best highlights came against Pokusevski. Green played well but I still think he’s going to continue to be streaky.

This is next level stuff.

Read on Twitter

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder