2/14/21 | Milwaukee Bucks @ OKC Thunder | 7 PM CST

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Re: 2/14/21 | Milwaukee Bucks @ OKC Thunder | 7 PM CST 

Post#21 » by jake_swivel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:05 am

thedoppelganger wrote:We’ve got 10 games in 16 days starting Tuesday so Horford better be getting plenty of rest in there.

Speaking of Big Al, he's now sitting at 17 PER with him basically keeping his career percentages and per game totals. At what point will a team try to pick him up? And who are those teams? He would be a good fit for Charlotte, but I don't know if they have the salary to make it work anymore after releasing Batum.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,114

Post#22 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:06 am

thedoppelganger wrote:We’ve blown teams out in the first half 7 games in a row, 6(?) of which have been without SGA. At some point teams will take us semi-serious and actually try right?

Maybe playing non-contenders will actually be good, teams like the Blazers and Grizz won’t try to sleepwalk against us. We’ve got 10 games in 16 days starting Tuesday so Horford better be getting plenty of rest in there.

yeah we are clearly having the ''bad team'' treatment for some contenders...we are overperforming but having 2 OTs against Lakers, close game against Denver and winning against the Bucks isn't normal. Teams like Portland or Memphis should play with more focus but if SGA is back...our odds to win a lot of those games are pretty high :(

Guess Horford should rest in 4 of our next 10 games (Grizzlies, Heat, Nuggets, Spurs). Hill better stay at home during some time :lol:
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#23 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:13 am

jake_swivel wrote:
thedoppelganger wrote:We’ve got 10 games in 16 days starting Tuesday so Horford better be getting plenty of rest in there.

Speaking of Big Al, he's now sitting at 17 PER with him basically keeping his career percentages and per game totals. At what point will a team try to pick him up? And who are those teams? He would be a good fit for Charlotte, but I don't know if they have the salary to make it work anymore after releasing Batum.

I struggle to find trade proposals for Al Horford since his contract is ''so bad'' (not that terrible since last year is partially guaranteed).

I think he would be a great fit in Miami...I would offer Horford and the Warriors pick for Leonard/Iggy/Achiuwa.

Probably we would need to add something (or switch the Warriors pick with the Lac 2022 FRP) but it really helps Miami...which isn't good for our 2021 Miami pick though. A line up of Bam/Horford/Butler/Dragic/Robinson is pretty good

Leonard won't play so that's good for us and Iggy is terrible at this point.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#24 » by retrobro90 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:43 am

Does anyone want to talk about the game tonight in the game thread? Bazely showing some good signs. Got pretty hype for that monster flush off his drive in the half court. Game was coming to him pretty easy and he made some good decisions about when to be aggressive and when to facilitate. Kenrich ripping the ball away from Giannis was fun too. Think Daignault's a great coach that all these guys love to play for. Was nice seeing Shai and the rest of the bench mob lose their minds in the 4th.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#25 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 am

retrobro90 wrote:Does anyone want to talk about the game tonight in the game thread? Bazely showing some good signs. Got pretty hype for that monster flush off his drive in the half court. Game was coming to him pretty easy and he made some good decisions about when to be aggressive and when to facilitate. Kenrich ripping the ball away from Giannis was fun too. Think Daignault's a great coach that all these guys love to play for. Was nice seeing Shai and the rest of the bench mob lose their minds in the 4th.

Most everyone played well in most aspects besides diallo. I hope bazley can find his shooting touch on the three. It was nice to see Dort hit a few long range shots too. Even poku played well tonight! Our defense was really swarming tonight. The team is fun to watch it’s just frustrating for other reasons.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#26 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:50 am

jake_swivel wrote:

I think he would help Dallas tremendously. It’s just had to find a deal since they need to move James Johnson and we traded him this offseason.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#27 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:00 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Does anyone want to talk about the game tonight in the game thread? Bazely showing some good signs. Got pretty hype for that monster flush off his drive in the half court. Game was coming to him pretty easy and he made some good decisions about when to be aggressive and when to facilitate. Kenrich ripping the ball away from Giannis was fun too. Think Daignault's a great coach that all these guys love to play for. Was nice seeing Shai and the rest of the bench mob lose their minds in the 4th.

Fair enough. Guess we should be talking about our tanking issues on our regular season thread.

Glad for Bazley...last game didn't change what I think about him. If he works hard his ceiling is pretty high.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder