4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 13,167
And1: 8,329
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#1 » by ducler » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,273
And1: 3,203
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#2 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:11 pm

Huge game if we want to have a chance to finish behind Cleveland. No Allen is a problem...hope sexland gonna be enough.
User avatar
jake_swivel
Senior
Posts: 673
And1: 369
Joined: Jul 07, 2019

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#3 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:22 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Huge game if we want to have a chance to finish behind Cleveland. No Allen is a problem...hope sexland gonna be enough.


Heh, hadn’t heard that duo’s nickname. God bless.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,273
And1: 3,203
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#4 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:17 am

Damn the Cavs are so bad...gonna be difficult :(
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,273
And1: 3,203
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#5 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:18 am

Horford is better than Love, less injury prone and under a slightly better contract. Somehow most fans say Horford's contract is worse...
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,273
And1: 3,203
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#6 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:28 am

Svi is not a good tank commander
cjmcallist
Senior
Posts: 682
And1: 277
Joined: Jul 27, 2018
 

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#7 » by cjmcallist » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:51 am

I’m really liking Svi as a potential long term fit.

Starting to believe in Poku too. This team is fun.

We’re a looooing way off from competing again tho.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,364
And1: 14,698
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#8 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:51 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Horford is better than Love, less injury prone and under a slightly better contract. Somehow most fans say Horford's contract is worse...

Most people know very little outside their own team.
bondom34 wrote:The GB gets mad if you are a "treadmill team"

The GB gets mad if you lose.

The GB gets mad if your team is too good.

The GB gets mad if you have a player they don't like.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,273
And1: 3,203
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#9 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:59 am

cjmcallist wrote:I’m really liking Svi as a potential long term fit.

Starting to believe in Poku too. This team is fun.

We’re a looooing way off from competing again tho.


For sure. That's why we need the tank.

We are playing 0 starter though...

Somehow we will probably win this game because the Cavs sucks. Sexton is good but that's it.
cjmcallist
Senior
Posts: 682
And1: 277
Joined: Jul 27, 2018
 

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#10 » by cjmcallist » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:02 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:I’m really liking Svi as a potential long term fit.

Starting to believe in Poku too. This team is fun.

We’re a looooing way off from competing again tho.


For sure. That's why we need the tank.

We are playing 0 starter though...

Somehow we will probably win this game because the Cavs sucks. Sexton is good but that's it.

Yeah it’s really sticking out to me this game. Lots of flashes, can see the potential in some of the guys, but man. Just not great basketball.

Every time I think that though, it’s been against teams that have sucked for a long time. Makes me grateful to be a Thunder fan knowing we’re doing it on purpose - not cause we’re incompetent.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,273
And1: 3,203
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#11 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:14 am

cjmcallist wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:I’m really liking Svi as a potential long term fit.

Starting to believe in Poku too. This team is fun.

We’re a looooing way off from competing again tho.


For sure. That's why we need the tank.

We are playing 0 starter though...

Somehow we will probably win this game because the Cavs sucks. Sexton is good but that's it.

Yeah it’s really sticking out to me this game. Lots of flashes, can see the potential in some of the guys, but man. Just not great basketball.

Every time I think that though, it’s been against teams that have sucked for a long time. Makes me grateful to be a Thunder fan knowing we’re doing it on purpose - not cause we’re incompetent.


Yeah we are in the first year of our rebuild and we already have at least 4-5 prospects with good potential (and a future all star in SGA if nothing goes wrong with him).

We just need a bit of luck in one of the next 2 drafts...
cjmcallist
Senior
Posts: 682
And1: 277
Joined: Jul 27, 2018
 

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#12 » by cjmcallist » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:34 am

Moses is struggling.

Pretty sure K Love just broke his hip. Hehe
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,364
And1: 14,698
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#13 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:46 am

cjmcallist wrote:Moses is struggling.

Pretty sure K Love just broke his hip. Hehe


Glad we didn’t commit to him long term. He’s been pretty bad since his contact.
bondom34 wrote:The GB gets mad if you are a "treadmill team"

The GB gets mad if you lose.

The GB gets mad if your team is too good.

The GB gets mad if you have a player they don't like.
Dadouv47
Head Coach
Posts: 7,273
And1: 3,203
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#14 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:55 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Moses is struggling.

Pretty sure K Love just broke his hip. Hehe


Glad we didn’t commit to him long term. He’s been pretty bad since his contact.


I thought he was going to take advantage of the mismatch with Allen being out.

Don't expect much from Moses...hope the Thunder training staff can make some miracle in the offseason but I don't count him as one of our ''real'' prospects.
thedoppelganger
Junior
Posts: 471
And1: 349
Joined: Aug 02, 2013
 

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#15 » by thedoppelganger » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:06 am

This was a great time to get our first 5 game losing streak of the season. Sixers this weekend, then the Jazz kick off a tough stretch of 7 games in 11 days against pretty mediocre competition.

This loss puts us even in the L column with the Cavs and Wiz, too.
User avatar
jake_swivel
Senior
Posts: 673
And1: 369
Joined: Jul 07, 2019

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#16 » by jake_swivel » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:11 am

cjmcallist wrote:We’re a looooing way off from competing again tho.


They competed all season as the youngest team in the league with the front office actively trying to lose. So like, no they aren’t. They could be in the play in game this season if they wanted.
cjmcallist
Senior
Posts: 682
And1: 277
Joined: Jul 27, 2018
 

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#17 » by cjmcallist » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:16 am

jake_swivel wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:We’re a looooing way off from competing again tho.


They competed all season as the youngest team in the league with the front office actively trying to lose. So like, no they aren’t. They could be in the play in game this season if they wanted.

I guess I don’t see the play in tournament as “competing”.
User avatar
jake_swivel
Senior
Posts: 673
And1: 369
Joined: Jul 07, 2019

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#18 » by jake_swivel » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:48 am

cjmcallist wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:We’re a looooing way off from competing again tho.


They competed all season as the youngest team in the league with the front office actively trying to lose. So like, no they aren’t. They could be in the play in game this season if they wanted.

I guess I don’t see the play in tournament as “competing”.


Yeah, we’d need to define terms. You probably meant competing to be a top tier team, a threat for conference finals?

Yep, I don’t think they are close to that. But I do think this team is deep with grimey, smart, talented guys who aren’t going to lay down. Presti had to decimate the team to not be close to the play in.

They’re going to get better just by improving. Young players make big jumps years 1-3 and the team is full of those guys. Self starters, professional, with a chip on their shoulder. I don’t think these guys are capable of tanking in this culture.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,364
And1: 14,698
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#19 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:05 pm

I can see next year as a year where we start out with the goal of making the playoffs. Depending on how the season goes with player development and health, we may pull back after the ASG if playoffs look unlikely or stay the course if it's attainable.
bondom34 wrote:The GB gets mad if you are a "treadmill team"

The GB gets mad if you lose.

The GB gets mad if your team is too good.

The GB gets mad if you have a player they don't like.
Wisedude
Sophomore
Posts: 161
And1: 90
Joined: Jul 04, 2017

Re: 4/8/21 | Cleveland Cavaliers @ OKC Thunder | 7PM CST 

Post#20 » by Wisedude » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:50 pm

Let's face it. The Thunder are pathetic. The Cavs were missing Jarret Allen, Larry Nance, Cedi Osman, Dylan Windler and won by over 25. The Thunder were missing SGA, Dort and Bazley. So missing players was a push.

The Thunder are universes away from ever putting a team together that can compete for the Western Conference.
The Thunder should be fined TODAY by the NBA HQs for intentionally throwing games to get more Draft Lottery ping pong balls.

If the NBA first gives a WARNING to any team for intentionally tanking and the Organization does not stop it, then the NBA should forfeit that team OUT of the Draft Lottery and relegated to the 14 spot. That would stop this tanking nonsense.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder