OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM

Moderators: ThunderBolt, Dadouv47

WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 415
And1: 180
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#1 » by WC NBA Fan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:17 am

I'm an old moderator from the thunderfans.com site. I posted with the handle "Trueblood" over there.

Not sure why but the site has been down for the last 6 months and is seemingly gone. Nobody knows the owner of the site so there's no way to really bring it back.

Just wondering if any of the old posters from over there are over at this site. If so, give a shout out. I'd love to hear from any of you.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,908
And1: 15,235
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:29 am

WC NBA Fan wrote:I'm an old moderator from the thunderfans.com site. I posted with the handle "Trueblood" over there.

Not sure why but the site has been down for the last 6 months and is seemingly gone. Nobody knows the owner of the site so there's no way to really bring it back.

Just wondering if any of the old posters from over there are over at this site. If so, give a shout out. I'd love to hear from any of you.

I wondered what happened to that site. I visited there occasionally but didn’t post and kind of lost interest due to the lack of moderation. Hope to see you around here more often. I remember seeing your name there.
WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 415
And1: 180
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#3 » by WC NBA Fan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:I'm an old moderator from the thunderfans.com site. I posted with the handle "Trueblood" over there.

Not sure why but the site has been down for the last 6 months and is seemingly gone. Nobody knows the owner of the site so there's no way to really bring it back.

Just wondering if any of the old posters from over there are over at this site. If so, give a shout out. I'd love to hear from any of you.

I wondered what happened to that site. I visited there occasionally but didn’t post and kind of lost interest due to the lack of moderation. Hope to see you around here more often. I remember seeing your name there.


Thanks for the shout out. From a moderation standpoint, there was just some posters who were impossible to ban. I know that nobody liked the poster known as 405Cowboy/SilverStern/KingGilbert/LavarrullesNBA/JRSmithsbrain and so on. We'd ban him but then he'd come back with a new handle. Not much you can do. I sent out a sticky telling people to put him on "ignore". Pretty simple stuff.

We also had Plainsman and SMOKELAHOMA who ran off lots of posters as well due to their divisive nature. I would often get into the moderators forum and request that we get rid of them but for whatever reason, they were liked by the other moderators. It really came down to not getting much of a consensus about getting rid of people.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,908
And1: 15,235
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:00 am

WC NBA Fan wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:I'm an old moderator from the thunderfans.com site. I posted with the handle "Trueblood" over there.

Not sure why but the site has been down for the last 6 months and is seemingly gone. Nobody knows the owner of the site so there's no way to really bring it back.

Just wondering if any of the old posters from over there are over at this site. If so, give a shout out. I'd love to hear from any of you.

I wondered what happened to that site. I visited there occasionally but didn’t post and kind of lost interest due to the lack of moderation. Hope to see you around here more often. I remember seeing your name there.


Thanks for the shout out. From a moderation standpoint, there was just some posters who were impossible to ban. I know that nobody liked the poster known as 405Cowboy/SilverStern/KingGilbert/LavarrullesNBA/JRSmithsbrain and so on. We'd ban him but then he'd come back with a new handle. Not much you can do. I sent out a sticky telling people to put him on "ignore". Pretty simple stuff.

We also had Plainsman and SMOKELAHOMA who ran off lots of posters as well due to their divisive nature. I would often get into the moderators forum and request that we get rid of them but for whatever reason, they were liked by the other moderators. It really came down to not getting much of a consensus about getting rid of people.

Ya SMOKELAHOMA and jrsmithsbrain were pretty rough. Only so much you can do with that stuff. As long as someone isn’t using a vpn, they do pretty good at catching duplicate accounts here. Kiss Fastfists used to post here but about the time Presti committed to his long desired rebuild, he disappeared. Go figure. I think there are a few others but they use different names.
mr570
Junior
Posts: 376
And1: 214
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
Location: Springfield, MO
 

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#5 » by mr570 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:19 am

I miss Kizz.
WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 415
And1: 180
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#6 » by WC NBA Fan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:25 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
WC NBA Fan wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I wondered what happened to that site. I visited there occasionally but didn’t post and kind of lost interest due to the lack of moderation. Hope to see you around here more often. I remember seeing your name there.


Thanks for the shout out. From a moderation standpoint, there was just some posters who were impossible to ban. I know that nobody liked the poster known as 405Cowboy/SilverStern/KingGilbert/LavarrullesNBA/JRSmithsbrain and so on. We'd ban him but then he'd come back with a new handle. Not much you can do. I sent out a sticky telling people to put him on "ignore". Pretty simple stuff.

We also had Plainsman and SMOKELAHOMA who ran off lots of posters as well due to their divisive nature. I would often get into the moderators forum and request that we get rid of them but for whatever reason, they were liked by the other moderators. It really came down to not getting much of a consensus about getting rid of people.

Ya SMOKELAHOMA and jrsmithsbrain were pretty rough. Only so much you can do with that stuff. As long as someone isn’t using a vpn, they do pretty good at catching duplicate accounts here. Kiss Fastfists used to post here but about the time Presti committed to his long desired rebuild, he disappeared. Go figure. I think there are a few others but they use different names.


Funny. He stopped posting over there as well when the rebuild started.
RunOKC
Analyst
Posts: 3,566
And1: 2,658
Joined: Dec 29, 2012
Location: Oklahoma
     

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#7 » by RunOKC » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:06 am

Used to view on occasion but never posted

Welcome and stick around 8-)
Dn4sty
Analyst
Posts: 3,274
And1: 1,779
Joined: Apr 11, 2017

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#8 » by Dn4sty » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:30 am

We need some new life here. Not that anyone here is bad, but I’m definitely happy to see new posters
WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 415
And1: 180
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#9 » by WC NBA Fan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:28 pm

RunOKC wrote:Used to view on occasion but never posted

Welcome and stick around 8-)


Appreciate the welcome and I'll definitely stick around. Thanks again.
WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 415
And1: 180
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#10 » by WC NBA Fan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:29 pm

Dn4sty wrote:We need some new life here. Not that anyone here is bad, but I’m definitely happy to see new posters


Absolutely. I just wish that I knew how to get in touch with Jimmy, gthunder, PlayoffP, Kizz, Kleese and the rest as well. The combination of the core here plus the good apples from the old board would be a good thing.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,908
And1: 15,235
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#11 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:39 pm

Kizz has an account here. Hopefully he’s ok and wasn’t hit hard by COVID. Gotta figure some of the others will find their way here if they are looking for a message board. I’ve never gotten in to discord and don’t like the setup of daily thunder. If you have Twitter you could see if Kleese wants to post here. His post game write ups were a good read.

https://twitter.com/ed_kleese
WC NBA Fan
Junior
Posts: 415
And1: 180
Joined: Aug 28, 2011

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#12 » by WC NBA Fan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:11 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Kizz has an account here. Hopefully he’s ok and wasn’t hit hard by COVID. Gotta figure some of the others will find their way here if they are looking for a message board. I’ve never gotten in to discord and don’t like the setup of daily thunder. If you have Twitter you could see if Kleese wants to post here. His post game write ups were a good read.

https://twitter.com/ed_kleese


Interesting that you say that. I actually dm'd Kleese on twitter, asking if he knew why the old site was down. He had no idea but I was just thinking of inviting him here through dm since I don't know how to get in touch with the rest. I'll let you know if he responds.
User avatar
Old Man Game
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,857
And1: 3,943
Joined: Jul 15, 2012

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#13 » by Old Man Game » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:34 am

ThunderBolt wrote:Kizz has an account here. Hopefully he’s ok and wasn’t hit hard by COVID. Gotta figure some of the others will find their way here if they are looking for a message board. I’ve never gotten in to discord and don’t like the setup of daily thunder. If you have Twitter you could see if Kleese wants to post here. His post game write ups were a good read.

https://twitter.com/ed_kleese
I used to be so into daily thunder but once I made the switch to here I found I really preferred this forum format. We carry on convos over the course of days.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 16,908
And1: 15,235
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#14 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:48 am

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Kizz has an account here. Hopefully he’s ok and wasn’t hit hard by COVID. Gotta figure some of the others will find their way here if they are looking for a message board. I’ve never gotten in to discord and don’t like the setup of daily thunder. If you have Twitter you could see if Kleese wants to post here. His post game write ups were a good read.

https://twitter.com/ed_kleese
I used to be so into daily thunder but once I made the switch to here I found I really preferred this forum format. We carry on convos over the course of days.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app

DT has some good posters info but not much quality dialogue.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 66,068
And1: 49,799
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#15 » by bondom34 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:38 pm

I still post some a few places (mainly discord and here, with some Twitter) but have just found basketball dialogue to be increasingly poor over the years, not so much on this specific forum but the rest of RealGM at least. We've got a small but good bunch on this subforum IMO. There was a time when a lot of really good posters were on some of the higher traffic spots and it's gone downhill in the years I've been here. Lots of NBA dialogue seems to have gone downhill.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
User avatar
Old Man Game
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,857
And1: 3,943
Joined: Jul 15, 2012

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#16 » by Old Man Game » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:43 am

bondom34 wrote:I still post some a few places (mainly discord and here, with some Twitter) but have just found basketball dialogue to be increasingly poor over the years, not so much on this specific forum but the rest of RealGM at least. We've got a small but good bunch on this subforum IMO. There was a time when a lot of really good posters were on some of the higher traffic spots and it's gone downhill in the years I've been here. Lots of NBA dialogue seems to have gone downhill.


It closely tracks the overall decline of discourse in basically every avenue of American life. Not to get too far afield, just sayin'.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 66,068
And1: 49,799
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#17 » by bondom34 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:15 am

Of all American sports at least I think NBA is the worst in terms of current discourse. Not here in this team subforum but overall. Know it's decreased my activity level as I used to love some of the other spots here years ago but even feels like they've gone downhill Tend to be on Twitter more nowadays, don't know how many of you are on there but same name there.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 14,773
And1: 4,256
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Location: Miami, FL

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#18 » by slick_watts » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:37 pm

kizz was losing his mind from covid. was claiming the world was going to end. he might have fled to a remote hut in the wilderness.
Kizz Fastfists
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,480
And1: 1,354
Joined: Jun 05, 2014
   

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#19 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:26 am

slick_watts wrote:kizz was losing his mind from covid. was claiming the world was going to end. he might have fled to a remote hut in the wilderness.


Kizz lost his mind long before COVID.
"The biggest enemy of the negro is the white liberal." - Malcolm X
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 14,773
And1: 4,256
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Location: Miami, FL

Re: OKCTHUNDERFANS.COM 

Post#20 » by slick_watts » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:13 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
slick_watts wrote:kizz was losing his mind from covid. was claiming the world was going to end. he might have fled to a remote hut in the wilderness.


Kizz lost his mind long before COVID.


ayyy!

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder