2021-22 OKC Thunder Regular Season Discussion

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,075

Re: 2021-22 OKC Thunder Regular Season Discussion 

Post#341 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:02 pm

I don't like Bazley but he has no trade value so coming off the bench is fine to me...it's not like we have many PFs to develop right now anyway.

Never believed in Poku but we knew from day 1 that it would take a long time to develop him (came from a terrible league very young and had no preseason after he was drafted).
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,025

Post#342 » by slick_watts » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:11 pm

this season has been boring. sga regressing somewhat has made me less interested in watching games. i don't think any of these players are very important besides him and perhaps giddey. difficult to get invested.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#343 » by Old Man Game » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:45 pm

slick_watts wrote:this season has been boring. sga regressing somewhat has made me less interested in watching games. i don't think any of these players are very important besides him and perhaps giddey. difficult to get invested.
Tre Mann? He looks to have the highest ceiling of any of the rest of the roster. Long ways to go with the intellectual side of the game but the foundation in overall skill is there.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#344 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Could be worse. Hope he recovers quickly. He was playing better lately...
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#345 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:29 am

good time to bring Poku back and play Maledon more.

Hope we don't see that much Dort going solo like in OT yesterday (even if he did well)
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#346 » by Devilanche » Thu Feb 3, 2022 5:06 am

Not going lie. Tonight win was satisfying .
Seeing players that we can keep for our future stepping up.

I’m beginning to think that dort should be kept and Bazley is potentially a first big off the bench type of player.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#347 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 6:36 pm

Devilanche wrote:Not going lie. Tonight win was satisfying .
Seeing players that we can keep for our future stepping up.

I’m beginning to think that dort should be kept and Bazley is potentially a first big off the bench type of player.

yup still wanted the L but long term the win is still good...gives Mann a lot of confidence. Really hope he can the future 6th player we need. He has obviously the skill for it, gonna need a ton of work and groing confidence.

Bazley can be a good bench player but not sure I will ever trust him...also he's gonna ask for the most money he can get and not sure it will be worth it.

Not worth trading Dort (except in a package for a major improvement but that's unlikely). We could get 2 bad FRPs from Dort but we have enough picks and I think we can still trade Dort later if needed (his next contract is not gonna be that ugly and no reason to think he will lose all his trade value)

A bit worried about the Wiggins injury...he was playing really well.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#348 » by Devilanche » Thu Feb 3, 2022 10:14 pm

Yea that performance would be a shot to his confidence . Allows him to grow into a 6th man or even someone we end up the game with together with dort/SGA/giddey

So long as Bazley is getting around MLE money ( marginally higher) I’m ok with that. He’s still fooling me when he’s coming off the bench . If he’s going start I don’t even want him back at below MLE just nothing there as a starter . He’s still pretty young.

So long as dort can defend his value will be similar even on a new contract 1-2 Meh first. Nobody will be giving up a high lotto pick (10-15) for him this offseason. And unless Mann take such a huge leap forward until season end , there’s still minutes there for the 4 of them given that SGA/Giddey can slide up to SF . Even wiggins can play some minutes there.

Hope wiggins injury is nothing serious but with his effort it does put Jerome/Theo into players that we might potentially moved soon.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#349 » by Old Man Game » Tue Feb 8, 2022 5:11 am

I still don't know what Giddey's ceiling is given his shooting deficiencies, but man, in every other aspect of the game the guy has all the moves.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#350 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Feb 8, 2022 1:29 pm

Old Man Game wrote:I still don't know what Giddey's ceiling is given his shooting deficiencies, but man, in every other aspect of the game the guy has all the moves.

It’s hard to be as excited about Giddey as we should be. A big part of that is because this draft looks like it’s absolutely stacked. If Giddey had been in almost any other year the situation would be different. In 2020 he would have been the second most talked about rookie to this point behind Lamelo since Edwards struggled early that year. I wish we had Mobley, but we don’t. Kuminga looks like he could be really good but Sam hit on this pick. Maybe Kuminga becomes better than Giddey but at this stage in the rebuild we could have done so much worse considering what happened on the lottery night.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 88

Post#351 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:46 pm

Giddey is a steal.
Ok a lot of turnovers and not only from risky passes. His shooting has to improve but the guy is only 19 years old.
I think he can be a real cornerstone of the franchise the next years.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#352 » by Old Man Game » Tue Feb 8, 2022 9:04 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:I still don't know what Giddey's ceiling is given his shooting deficiencies, but man, in every other aspect of the game the guy has all the moves.

It’s hard to be as excited about Giddey as we should be. A big part of that is because this draft looks like it’s absolutely stacked. If Giddey had been in almost any other year the situation would be different. In 2020 he would have been the second most talked about rookie to this point behind Lamelo since Edwards struggled early that year. I wish we had Mobley, but we don’t. Kuminga looks like he could be really good but Sam hit on this pick. Maybe Kuminga becomes better than Giddey but at this stage in the rebuild we could have done so much worse considering what happened on the lottery night.

Speaking for myself, I don't really get up or down on Giddey just relative to how he is performing next to his peers because I don't get an opportunity to watch much other NBA outside of Thunder games. I just can't get as worked up as I might because his jumper is so awful. Now if he were to come back next training camp looking like he's managed to put in the work to rebuild the jumper and it looked good, bar the door, I'll be the best Giddey booster on the internet.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#353 » by Old Man Game » Tue Feb 8, 2022 9:06 pm

This totally unscientific eye test but that said, I feel like Mann when he misses is front rimming a lot of times. I may be wrong but I think once he gets some more strength his shot could get quite a bit more consistent.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#354 » by Devilanche » Wed Feb 9, 2022 10:14 pm

OKC is probably one of those team whereby a bad shooting player doesn’t make the fanbase as angry as the rest of the league .

It’s not a skill that Presti value so pretty much a lot of the team aren’t good at 3s
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#355 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:10 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Speaking for myself, I don't really get up or down on Giddey just relative to how he is performing next to his peers because I don't get an opportunity to watch much other NBA outside of Thunder games. I just can't get as worked up as I might because his jumper is so awful. Now if he were to come back next training camp looking like he's managed to put in the work to rebuild the jumper and it looked good, bar the door, I'll be the best Giddey booster on the internet.

I think you can win with a key player on the roster not being a good shooter. OKC's issue is we often had an entire roster full of them.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#356 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:05 am

I want a Chet/Poku frontcourt. Could be the weirdest (but good) duo in NBA history.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#357 » by Devilanche » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:33 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:It’s hard to be as excited about Giddey as we should be. A big part of that is because this draft looks like it’s absolutely stacked. If Giddey had been in almost any other year the situation would be different. In 2020 he would have been the second most talked about rookie to this point behind Lamelo since Edwards struggled early that year. I wish we had Mobley, but we don’t. Kuminga looks like he could be really good but Sam hit on this pick. Maybe Kuminga becomes better than Giddey but at this stage in the rebuild we could have done so much worse considering what happened on the lottery night.

I think you can win with a key player on the roster not being a good shooter. OKC's issue is we often had an entire roster full of them.

Yeap we go the other way. 1 good shooter and everyone else not a good shooter
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#358 » by Devilanche » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:33 am

Dadouv47 wrote:I want a Chet/Poku frontcourt. Could be the weirdest (but good) duo in NBA history.

I’m in as well.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#359 » by Devilanche » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:49 am

Read on Twitter

Good for our two way.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#360 » by Old Man Game » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:58 pm

I just watch the way Josh plays and they're just times where it's obvious if the guy had a lick of consistent offense he'd be a lot more dominant player. Outside of Mobley he might have the highest upside of this class. The guy orchestrates the offense so well. It's a bit Chris Paul-like.

Like think about it, you know how Chris Paul has that elbow jumper he can get to. If Josh just had one move like that it would open up so many other things for him and you couple that with his innate ability to see the floor and see passing angles and you're just talking about a whole different level of dude.
Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder