Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,506

Re: OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread 

Post#901 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Sun May 21, 2023 1:56 am

OKC2008 wrote:Okc get: Jabari Smith, #20 pick
Houston get: #12 pick, Houston 2024 1st

Why for Houston: they get back in total control of their 2024 first pick, and they can use #12 to trade up or to select another interesting prospect

Why for Okc: Jabari Smith had a disappointing rookie season but he can perfectly fit Okc timeline and Okc needs

Okc lineup: Giddey, SGA, J-Dub, Jabari, Chet

Off topic but Longhorns fan while OKC fan is bold !
Big nick
Junior
And1: 310

Post#902 » by Big nick » Sun May 21, 2023 3:46 am

Devilanche wrote:
Big nick wrote:What do you guys think of Tristan Vukčević he looks promising. I could see Sam taking a chance in the second round 6'10 guy that shoots near 40% on threes.

I have no clue with Presti 2nd round plans . I can see the fit though in terms of what we want to do.

He looked great at the combine.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#903 » by cjmcallist » Sun May 21, 2023 4:15 pm

At present, second round picks feel like a distraction. There’s almost no way any of our current second round picks make the roster even this year.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#904 » by Dadouv47 » Sun May 21, 2023 5:22 pm

cjmcallist wrote:At present, second round picks feel like a distraction. There’s almost no way any of our current second round picks make the roster even this year.

we could have 3 spots open if we don't keep JRE and Waters. I would rather try to develop a player drafted at #37 instead of keeping waters.
mr570
Senior
And1: 290

Post#905 » by mr570 » Sun May 21, 2023 5:47 pm

Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
I see Eason as someone they keep cause he plays defence . Jabari probably might get the most or Sengun ?

Green fit is a bit iffy if the ball is in Harden’s hand more. It won’t be Harden with 4 rookies anyway it’s more likely Harden with 2 vet and 2 rookies with 1 more coming off bench .

Yea green doesn’t fit well but his talent level is still too high for Houston to sell for pennies on the dollar. If Houston went after Siakam I think Green could thrive in a place like Toronto.

Yeap.

Im thinking places with a star that want sell out . That team would provide a Robin to harden Batman.

Does anyone think #4 can bring back a Robin ? If yes that might be the better route . I think Green still is the better prospect over the non scoot/miller prospect.

Imagine the Clippers blow it up and get #3 and #4? I don't see what else they can do. Especially if Ty Lue leaves, it would just feel like continuity has been lost when it was never really there to begin with.
Big nick
Junior

Post#906 » by Big nick » Mon May 22, 2023 12:58 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:At present, second round picks feel like a distraction. There’s almost no way any of our current second round picks make the roster even this year.

we could have 3 spots open if we don't keep JRE and Waters. I would rather try to develop a player drafted at #37 instead of keeping waters.

I agree totally about moving waters.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#907 » by slick_watts » Mon May 22, 2023 5:02 pm

the narrative on grant williams this postseason could make him an interesting value proposition. i was thinking for sure he would command 4/80+, but now maybe he could come cheaper. and depending on what boston does elsewhere (jaylen brown), they might not have the wherewithal to match an offer sheet.

williams would fit the 'nasty' mold sam presti was talking about. i think he's also better than he's given credit for.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,517

Post#908 » by Devilanche » Tue May 23, 2023 11:58 pm

slick_watts wrote:the narrative on grant williams this postseason could make him an interesting value proposition. i was thinking for sure he would command 4/80+, but now maybe he could come cheaper. and depending on what boston does elsewhere (jaylen brown), they might not have the wherewithal to match an offer sheet.

williams would fit the 'nasty' mold sam presti was talking about. i think he's also better than he's given credit for.

A tad above MLE ? 15m / year ?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Felixians4
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#909 » by Felixians4 » Sun May 28, 2023 3:59 pm

Jaden Mcdaniels for Lu Dort, Jeremija Robinson, couple of protected first rounders seems like a win win solution
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#910 » by Dadouv47 » Sun May 28, 2023 4:08 pm

Felixians4 wrote:Jaden Mcdaniels for Lu Dort, Jeremija Robinson, couple of protected first rounders seems like a win win solution

couple of FRPs is probably a little bit too rich but I like the idea. I would trade Miami 2025 FRP, JRE and Dort for Mcdaniels
Clav
Sixth Man
And1: 1,473

Post#911 » by Clav » Wed May 31, 2023 7:55 pm

I'd love Jaden McDaniels on the team, but I do agree couple of port. FRPs and Dort is what we need to pry him away.

Kelly Olynyk is an expiring this year, any interest in trying to get him for a one-year rental ?

Keita Bates Diop is a FA and might be a cost-effective player too

PJ Washington is an RFA, I think he'd be a great target to send an offer sheet

Just thinking of some PFs to add to the thought process here
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#912 » by Dadouv47 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:24 pm

Clav wrote:I'd love Jaden McDaniels on the team, but I do agree couple of port. FRPs and Dort is what we need to pry him away.

Kelly Olynyk is an expiring this year, any interest in trying to get him for a one-year rental ?

I would love to get PJ Washington but I think Charlotte is gonna match any offer (well except something close to the max but doesn't make sense to do it)
Clav
Sixth Man
And1: 1,473

Post#913 » by Clav » Wed May 31, 2023 10:44 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Clav wrote:I'd love Jaden McDaniels on the team, but I do agree couple of port. FRPs and Dort is what we need to pry him away.

I would love to get PJ Washington but I think Charlotte is gonna match any offer (well except something close to the max but doesn't make sense to do it)

Is PJ Washington a 100/4 or 85/4 type player ? I think that's the type of offer that will get him to OKC but I'm not entirely sure that's reasonable with the money OKC will be tied up with in the future. What do you think Dadouv ?

I believe CHA will most definitely match any offer within 20M a year.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#914 » by Dadouv47 » Wed May 31, 2023 10:57 pm

Clav wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Is PJ Washington a 100/4 or 85/4 type player ? I think that's the type of offer that will get him to OKC but I'm not entirely sure that's reasonable with the money OKC will be tied up with in the future. What do you think Dadouv ?

I think he will get between 80 and 88 millions (maybe a bit more since the cap space is supposed to increase a lot every year but the new taxes restriction could impact players too so I'm not sure).

I wouldn't feel good about giving him more than 22 millions/year tbh. I don't mind overpaying a guy for the 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 season but after that we will have Giddey's second contract (and hopefully Chet's and JDub a year after that)
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#915 » by Xatticus » Thu Jun 1, 2023 7:21 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
Clav wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

I think he will get between 80 and 88 millions (maybe a bit more since the cap space is supposed to increase a lot every year but the new taxes restriction could impact players too so I'm not sure).

I wouldn't feel good about giving him more than 22 millions/year tbh. I don't mind overpaying a guy for the 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 season but after that we will have Giddey's second contract (and hopefully Chet's and JDub a year after that)

I wouldn't touch him for that kind of money. We've been good about finding guys like Kenrich and Wiggins. I trust Presti to find someone with more size. I think giving that much money to Washington is really forcing the issue. I don't see where the value comes from. At best, he is inoffensive and fills a hole, but that's not reason enough to throw that kind of money at it him. I'd save that money to retain our own and keep working at the margins to find players whose utility exceeds their contracts. I'm not saying I am averse to bringing in someone on a larger contract, but I need a compelling reason to. Until such an option appears, I'd keep my powder dry.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#916 » by TGW » Thu Jun 1, 2023 6:11 pm

Would OKC do #12 straight up for Corey Kispert? Just wondering.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,517

Post#917 » by Devilanche » Thu Jun 1, 2023 10:53 pm

TGW wrote:Would OKC do #12 straight up for Corey Kispert? Just wondering.

Nope . No interest in that trade.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Big nick
Junior

Post#918 » by Big nick » Fri Jun 2, 2023 12:44 am

Nope for me.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#919 » by Neptune » Fri Jun 9, 2023 5:02 pm

3 team trade(if we can make the salaries work)
Pistons:Jalen Williams+ OKC 11th pick

Thunder:Bojan+Det 5th Pick, John Collins+Atl 15th pick

Hawks:Dieng+Det 31st pick+Thunder 20th pick
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#920 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jun 9, 2023 5:25 pm

Neptune wrote:3 team trade(if we can make the salaries work)
Pistons:Jalen Williams+ OKC 11th pick

Thunder:Bojan+Det 5th Pick, John Collins+Atl 15th pick

Hawks:Dieng+Det 31st pick+Thunder 20th pick

We don't have the 20th pick.

I wouldn't trade Jalen Williams for #5 straight up so easy pass. If he trades him for anything less than Scoot or Miller I give up on our team.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder