OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,158

Re: OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread 

Post#221 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 7:26 pm

wonder how many 2nds we will collect from taking on some small bad contracts.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#222 » by cjmcallist » Mon Feb 7, 2022 8:13 pm

Dn4sty wrote:Assuming this is correct, RealGM has the average salaries this season at $5,991,368.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/players.html

Woof. I was way off.

If that's correct then there's no way Dort extends. We'll have to decline his option or go into UFA next off-season.

If we pick up his option, then we can trade him. If we decline his option, we have to make him a qualifying offer to make him a RFA. If he then takes the qualifying offer, we can't trade him next year.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,908

Post#223 » by Dn4sty » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:09 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:Assuming this is correct, RealGM has the average salaries this season at $5,991,368.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/players.html

Woof. I was way off.

If that's correct then there's no way Dort extends. We'll have to decline his option or go into UFA next off-season.

If we pick up his option, then we can trade him. If we decline his option, we have to make him a qualifying offer to make him a RFA. If he then takes the qualifying offer, we can't trade him next year.

My guess is he becomes a rFA this offseason and OKC re-signs him
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,908

Post#224 » by Dn4sty » Mon Feb 7, 2022 10:52 pm

Jake Fischer has the rumor of OKC taking Tobias into their space
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#225 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 11:48 pm

Dn4sty wrote:Jake Fischer has the rumor of OKC taking Tobias into their space

It was already unlikely but since Fischer is speaking about it, Harris won't be a thunder :)
cjmcallist
Sixth Man

Post#226 » by cjmcallist » Tue Feb 8, 2022 3:14 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:

It was already unlikely but since Fischer is speaking about it, Harris won't be a thunder :)

:lol: He's inconsistently accurate. The worst kind. Psychologically that actually creates more attachment because of the reward cadence. Maybe he's a genius.

Mikey B on the Down To Dunk pod proposed similar to this three-way. It would be tough to bring WB back, but the picks are attractive. If we're even thinking about trading SGA (I know, it's just me), I believe this is a no-brainer.

PHI sends: Harris, 2027 unprotected swap, 2028 FRP unp
PHI gets: Favors

LAL sends: Westbrook, 2027 unprotected swap, 2028 FRP unp
LAL gets: Harris

OKC sends: Favors
OKC gets: Westbrook, 2027 PHI swap, 2027 LAL swap, 2028 PHI FRP, 2027 LAL FRP
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#227 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 3:19 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

:lol: He's inconsistently accurate. The worst kind. Psychologically that actually creates more attachment because of the reward cadence. Maybe he's a genius.

Mikey B on the Down To Dunk pod proposed similar to this three-way. It would be tough to bring WB back, but the picks are attractive. If we're even thinking about trading SGA (I know, it's just me), I believe this is a no-brainer.

sometimes Mikey has crazy ideas but I liked that one a lot. Main issue was basically was Andrew was thinking: the relationship between OKC and Westbrook.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,233

Post#228 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Feb 8, 2022 6:22 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

sometimes Mikey has crazy ideas but I liked that one a lot. Main issue was basically was Andrew was thinking: the relationship between OKC and Westbrook.

I don’t think I would take Westbrook for anything less than the guaranteed first or second pick in the draft. As was mentioned on the podcast, he’s going to want to play and that stunts the development of the young guys. There would need to be a plan in place that makes sure he doesn’t see the floor.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#229 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 6:29 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote: :lol: He's inconsistently accurate. The worst kind. Psychologically that actually creates more attachment because of the reward cadence. Maybe he's a genius.

I don’t think I would take Westbrook for anything less than the guaranteed first or second pick in the draft. As was mentioned on the podcast, he’s going to want to play and that stunts the development of the young guys. There would need to be a plan in place that makes sure he doesn’t see the floor.

I understand but I don't think I can't say no to 2 unprotected FRPs and swaps. Don't mind playing Westbrook for 20 games and trade him for a pick and a couple of 2nds in the offseason.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#230 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 6:31 pm

Wow Pacers getting Haliburton. Wish we had good players to trade for guys like him :(
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#231 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Feb 8, 2022 6:38 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

I understand but I don't think I can't say no to 2 unprotected FRPs and swaps. Don't mind playing Westbrook for 20 games and trade him for a pick and a couple of 2nds in the offseason.

I don’t see how we could get so much to take on Russ and then flip him for assets after two games even if he plays well and is an expiring.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#232 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Feb 8, 2022 6:40 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Wow Pacers getting Haliburton. Wish we had good players to trade for guys like him :(

Ya, there aren’t many young guys I would like to go after but if Haliburton was available, I would have loved to have him. Obviously they want a win-now, or should I say lose-a-bit-less-often player.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#233 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:02 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I don’t think I would take Westbrook for anything less than the guaranteed first or second pick in the draft. As was mentioned on the podcast, he’s going to want to play and that stunts the development of the young guys. There would need to be a plan in place that makes sure he doesn’t see the floor.

I don’t see how we could get so much to take on Russ and then flip him for assets after two games even if he plays well and is an expiring.

think it will be easier to trade him in the offseason (some teams will have more cap space).

I think a FRP is the price in the offseason (probably close to two right now). Just think it's a big overpay to get 2 FRPs and 2 swaps to take on him right now....can't say no if a crazy offer like this appears.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#234 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:12 pm

We won't get Harris or Westbrook anyway. I wonder who we can get for some value though...I'm really lost.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#235 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:13 pm

Sucks that Pels & Kings didn't try to improve before...the gap with the Clippers is way too big
cjmcallist
Sixth Man

Post#236 » by cjmcallist » Tue Feb 8, 2022 8:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Wow Pacers getting Haliburton. Wish we had good players to trade for guys like him :(

Ya, there aren’t many young guys I would like to go after but if Haliburton was available, I would have loved to have him. Obviously they want a win-now, or should I say lose-a-bit-less-often player.

Awesome snag by IND. Would've been nice to sneak in and sub picks to IND and take on Haliburton. But, I think IND is of the mindset that they'd prefer known quantities over picks.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#237 » by Old Man Game » Tue Feb 8, 2022 9:07 pm

I can't believe the King's traded Halliburton. I'd take him 10 times out of 10 over Fox.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,866

Post#238 » by Larry_Russell » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:13 pm

Do you guys think a package of Aaron Nesmith, Bruno Fernando and PJ Dozier could get Muscala and Jerome?

Would a pick (1st or 2nd) need to be added or is deal fair as is?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#239 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:55 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:Do you guys think a package of Aaron Nesmith, Bruno Fernando and PJ Dozier could get Muscala and Jerome?

Jerome has no value but Muscala has a great leadership role to our team and Presti loves him. I doubt he will trade him for cheap but we never know (guess it depends if Presti likes Nesmith or not). I think adding a 2nd would be fair value but still not sure Presti would pull the trigger.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,866

Post#240 » by Larry_Russell » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:09 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:Do you guys think a package of Aaron Nesmith, Bruno Fernando and PJ Dozier could get Muscala and Jerome?

Jerome has no value but Muscala has a great leadership role to our team and Presti loves him. I doubt he will trade him for cheap but we never know (guess it depends if Presti likes Nesmith or not). I think adding a 2nd would be fair value but still not sure Presti would pull the trigger.

Interesting.

I had read this piece which had him listed as a buy out candidate

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2022-nba-buyout-market-guide-goran-dragic-serge-ibaka-among-best-likely-in-season-free-agents/

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder