OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,114

Re: OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread 

Post#881 » by Dadouv47 » Fri May 19, 2023 2:07 pm

Can't believe the Hornets are considering not drafting Henderson. I would offer an insane amount of picks to Portland if that happens but they will likely keep their pick or trade it for a star.

Not a fan of trading an absurd amount of picks for a guy that never played in the NBA but that's an exception (like Mobley was in 2021).
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#882 » by Dadouv47 » Fri May 19, 2023 3:45 pm

Read on Twitter

I love this
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#883 » by ThunderBolt » Fri May 19, 2023 3:57 pm

The chemistry of him with the young guys is going to be an abomination.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#884 » by ThunderBolt » Fri May 19, 2023 6:13 pm

slick_watts wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
slick_watts wrote:i hope we trade out of this draft. either as a consolidation for a vet or for a potentially better pick in the future. i don't think adding another low lottery pick to this team at the moment makes sense.

Sure but which vets are on the table without a significant overpay?

this is the problem with having so many draft picks. they are devalued because you can't use them all. we'll have to use them in unbalanced trades at some point. we can't roster players with every pick.

is #12 for john collins an 'overpay'?

I dont know if is an overpay for not. I just find very few draft picks or current nba players I’m enamored with at the moment. I’m fine giving the pick for him if the front office is going to commit to giving him minutes and not have whacky rotations where he starts one night and gets 15 mts the next.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
mr570
Senior
And1: 293

Post#885 » by mr570 » Fri May 19, 2023 6:18 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love this

Incredible.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,618

Post#886 » by Clav » Fri May 19, 2023 7:04 pm

Nothing says 'I don't like playing with the MVP' more than 'I want to re-sign with my old team this summer'

That being said Harden can rest when he wants there, knows the city, loves the...assets, and can lead a younger team without major playoff expectations while putting up big time stats and getting a big bag.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,544

Post#887 » by Devilanche » Sat May 20, 2023 2:41 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Can't believe the Hornets are considering not drafting Henderson. I would offer an insane amount of picks to Portland if that happens but they will likely keep their pick or trade it for a star.

Not a fan of trading an absurd amount of picks for a guy that never played in the NBA but that's an exception (like Mobley was in 2021).

I may be wrong here but I can see the allure of Brandon Miller.

Don’t think either miller or scoot will drop to 4th though .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#888 » by Devilanche » Sat May 20, 2023 2:42 am

ThunderBolt wrote:The chemistry of him with the young guys is going to be an abomination.

Bold to assume the young guys won’t be traded away for win now players .

I think not all 4 of Green , Sengun , Jabari , Eason will still be around if he comes.
Even if 2 stick around that’s an absolute win.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#889 » by ThunderBolt » Sat May 20, 2023 12:07 pm

Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:The chemistry of him with the young guys is going to be an abomination.

I think not all 4 of Green , Sengun , Jabari , Eason will still be around if he comes.

I’d imagine Green only gets traded for a star but if him an harden actually don’t clash it’s because they party together, which isn’t ideal. They’ll want the same price for Jabari but I believe his value is lower. Eason seems like a guy I could see them wanting to keep as a role player. Sengun would be my first guess on a guy they’d move.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#890 » by Devilanche » Sat May 20, 2023 1:37 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:

I’d imagine Green only gets traded for a star but if him an harden actually don’t clash it’s because they party together, which isn’t ideal. They’ll want the same price for Jabari but I believe his value is lower. Eason seems like a guy I could see them wanting to keep as a role player. Sengun would be my first guess on a guy they’d move.

I see Eason as someone they keep cause he plays defence . Jabari probably might get the most or Sengun ?

Green fit is a bit iffy if the ball is in Harden’s hand more. It won’t be Harden with 4 rookies anyway it’s more likely Harden with 2 vet and 2 rookies with 1 more coming off bench .
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#891 » by Dadouv47 » Sat May 20, 2023 3:18 pm

Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Bold to assume the young guys won’t be traded away for win now players .

I see Eason as someone they keep cause he plays defence . Jabari probably might get the most or Sengun ?

Green fit is a bit iffy if the ball is in Harden’s hand more. It won’t be Harden with 4 rookies anyway it’s more likely Harden with 2 vet and 2 rookies with 1 more coming off bench .

I think they will keep those four guys (and likely Amen if they keep the pick) but it could change pretty quickly depending on how they develop. I really hope Presti target Jabari if he becomes available.
OKC2008
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#892 » by OKC2008 » Sat May 20, 2023 3:24 pm

Okc get: Jabari Smith, #20 pick
Houston get: #12 pick, Houston 2024 1st

Why for Houston: they get back in total control of their 2024 first pick, and they can use #12 to trade up or to select another interesting prospect

Why for Okc: Jabari Smith had a disappointing rookie season but he can perfectly fit Okc timeline and Okc needs

Okc lineup: Giddey, SGA, J-Dub, Jabari, Chet
mr570
Senior
And1: 293

Post#893 » by mr570 » Sat May 20, 2023 5:49 pm

OKC2008 wrote:Okc get: Jabari Smith, #20 pick

Why for Houston: they get back in total control of their 2024 first pick, and they can use #12 to trade up or to select another interesting prospect

Why for Okc: Jabari Smith had a disappointing rookie season but he can perfectly fit Okc timeline and Okc needs

I really do not feel like picking up Jabari Smith if instead we are able to move up for Hendricks or Ausar Thompson falls like he's being projected to.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#894 » by ThunderBolt » Sat May 20, 2023 6:47 pm

I’d do that. I’d even do it without 20. I think Jabari and green are both guys that could be victims of a bad environment and culture.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#895 » by ThunderBolt » Sat May 20, 2023 6:50 pm

Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Bold to assume the young guys won’t be traded away for win now players .

Yea green doesn’t fit well but his talent level is still too high for Houston to sell for pennies on the dollar. If Houston went after Siakam I think Green could thrive in a place like Toronto.
Big nick
Junior
And1: 317

Post#896 » by Big nick » Sat May 20, 2023 10:34 pm

What do you guys think of Tristan Vukčević he looks promising. I could see Sam taking a chance in the second round 6'10 guy that shoots near 40% on threes.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#897 » by Devilanche » Sun May 21, 2023 1:26 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I’d imagine Green only gets traded for a star but if him an harden actually don’t clash it’s because they party together, which isn’t ideal. They’ll want the same price for Jabari but I believe his value is lower. Eason seems like a guy I could see them wanting to keep as a role player. Sengun would be my first guess on a guy they’d move.

I think they will keep those four guys (and likely Amen if they keep the pick) but it could change pretty quickly depending on how they develop. I really hope Presti target Jabari if he becomes available.

So it’s harden + another free agent ?
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#898 » by Devilanche » Sun May 21, 2023 1:27 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

I’d do that. I’d even do it without 20. I think Jabari and green are both guys that could be victims of a bad environment and culture.

In a way I think jabari would do better if he have the ball but I’m indifferent if it’s him or another PF prospect at this point in time.

I think he does have his limitations and so would Jarace or Hendricks
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#899 » by Devilanche » Sun May 21, 2023 1:29 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I’d imagine Green only gets traded for a star but if him an harden actually don’t clash it’s because they party together, which isn’t ideal. They’ll want the same price for Jabari but I believe his value is lower. Eason seems like a guy I could see them wanting to keep as a role player. Sengun would be my first guess on a guy they’d move.

Yea green doesn’t fit well but his talent level is still too high for Houston to sell for pennies on the dollar. If Houston went after Siakam I think Green could thrive in a place like Toronto.

Yeap.

Im thinking places with a star that want sell out . That team would provide a Robin to harden Batman.

Does anyone think #4 can bring back a Robin ? If yes that might be the better route . I think Green still is the better prospect over the non scoot/miller prospect.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#900 » by Devilanche » Sun May 21, 2023 1:30 am

Big nick wrote:What do you guys think of Tristan Vukčević he looks promising. I could see Sam taking a chance in the second round 6'10 guy that shoots near 40% on threes.

I have no clue with Presti 2nd round plans . I can see the fit though in terms of what we want to do.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder