OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,229

Re: OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread 

Post#941 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:17 pm

The Servant wrote:I'm at the point where I'd like to see Presti send a few picks for a starter like Ayton to Phoenix, or Brook Lopez and Milwaukee. You never know how much the Suns or Bucks would value young cheap depth with how many stars they have. This team can make some noise soon.

Milwaukee isn't moving Lopez for young guys. Young cheap talent in addition to their main guys would be great but not at the expense of the them. They'd move backwards. I have no interest in Ayton.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067

Post#942 » by slick_watts » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:52 pm

Clav wrote:OKC made some trades earlier, so those player can only be used in trades with assets until certain dates pass, here are the numbers when things may open up:

Bertans - Aug 21
Oladipo - Sep 04
Washington & Garuba - Sep 06

Is this the hold up on some trade / roster consolidation ?

bertans and oladipo were both acquired with cap space, so they can be aggregated in trades immediately.
Big nick
Junior
And1: 323

Post#943 » by Big nick » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:16 pm

I big no for ayton for me. Now Lopez I would love to get him but that won't happen.
The Servant
Senior
And1: 687

Post#944 » by The Servant » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:31 am

What about OKC's frp + the other frps they own + expiring contracts to Philly for Harden? OKC owns 4 frp and could probably get Harden if they honestly wanted to for a few years. Max him for the next 3 after this season and then resign all the youth and go slightly luxury tax and then Harden expires and you go back down.

SGA
Harden
Giddey
Jdub
Chet

Extend Harden to expire right when you renew all the young guys. This roster for 4 years could honestly win a chip. Its a good window with flexibilty later on.
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 89

Post#945 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:10 am

For nothing I want Harden back in OKC. He want the ball in his hands, which is counterproductive for Shai, Josh and Jdub. Also chemistry would suffer under the beard.
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 89

Post#946 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:14 am

https://www.si.com/nba/thunder/news/should-the-okc-thunder-trade-for-pascal-siakam

That would make much more sense......nevertheless it would be risky too.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,229

Post#947 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:37 pm

If we are going for Harden might as well get Kyrie too so we can't completely destroy the franchise.
Also, Harden's skillset doesn't maximize the other players on this roster. Sure he could throw some lobs to Chet but so can Giddey, Shai and Jalen.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,962

Post#948 » by Xatticus » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:30 pm

Mr Thunder Nick wrote:For nothing I want Harden back in OKC. He want the ball in his hands, which is counterproductive for Shai, Josh and Jdub. Also chemistry would suffer under the beard.

I agree in that I'm not interested, but I don't agree with the reasoning. Harden obviously wasn't happy in Brooklyn, but he did adapt to accommodate the other personnel on the roster. I don't think he is selfish in that sense, but we do have to wonder if it would be possible to keep him happy. He is far removed from what he once was, but he is still a useful player.

My concerns are that he is old and he has never given much effort at the defensive end and that just won't work for us. I also wouldn't really send any value back to bring him in. Morey has always been irrational in his trade demands, but he tends to get his way in the long run. I'm not giving up an inch of ground. Morey has a problem on his hands and when enough time passes that fact will eventually permeate into his brain. In the meantime, I'd ignore him while he tries to pretend that Harden isn't a sunk cost.

In short, Harden is going to be a far more attractive to franchises that are desperate. We aren't that.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,664

Post#949 » by Clav » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:47 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Clav wrote:OKC made some trades earlier, so those player can only be used in trades with assets until certain dates pass, here are the numbers when things may open up:

Bertans - Aug 21
Oladipo - Sep 04
Washington & Garuba - Sep 06

Is this the hold up on some trade / roster consolidation ?

bertans and oladipo were both acquired with cap space, so they can be aggregated in trades immediately.

Can I read that somewhere, sw? I was using fanspo trademachine and it indicated as such. cheers
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,507

Post#950 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:43 am

Clav wrote:Can I read that somewhere, sw? I was using fanspo trademachine and it indicated as such. cheers

cbafaq.com

It has a breakdown of all contract and trade rules. They keep it updated with every new CBA.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Clav
Starter

Post#951 » by Clav » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:55 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Clav wrote:Can I read that somewhere, sw? I was using fanspo trademachine and it indicated as such. cheers

cbafaq.com

It has a breakdown of all contract and trade rules. They keep it updated with every new CBA.

I read that page! I guess I missed that part. TY Kazz
Cheers
\m/
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#952 » by retrobro90 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:01 pm

Hard to believe there wasn't a better option than Lindy for that two-way slot. Do they have a 3rd two way beyond Keyontae and Lindy or is there already someone signed that I'm forgetting?
Clav
Starter

Post#953 » by Clav » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:55 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Hard to believe there wasn't a better option than Lindy for that two-way slot. Do they have a 3rd two way beyond Keyontae and Lindy or is there already someone signed that I'm forgetting?

They have not signed a third TW contract.

I keep advocating for this 7'0 ish C that we had on our TW deals last two years named Olivier Sarr, I think he's got a decent bench player potential and he's been in our system. We need post depth and these deals are so flexible, that they can be waived and another player re-signed immediately.
Cheers
\m/
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#954 » by jake_swivel » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:16 am

retrobro90 wrote:Hard to believe there wasn't a better option than Lindy for that two-way slot. Do they have a 3rd two way beyond Keyontae and Lindy or is there already someone signed that I'm forgetting?

Nope. My money would be on Jack white getting waived then converted to a two way. Or kj Williams or McConnell from the summer league squad. Honestly though, it’s hard to be mad at Lindy being your 17th man.
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#955 » by timO » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:42 am

Big nick wrote:I big no for ayton for me. Now Lopez I would love to get him but that won't happen.

nop to both

lopez is a dinosaur 35 years old

ayton is another overpayed kanter
timO
Assistant Coach

Post#956 » by timO » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:45 am

The Servant wrote:What about OKC's frp + the other frps they own + expiring contracts to Philly for Harden? OKC owns 4 frp and could probably get Harden if they honestly wanted to for a few years. Max him for the next 3 after this season and then resign all the youth and go slightly luxury tax and then Harden expires and you go back down.

SGA
Harden
Giddey
Jdub
Chet

Extend Harden to expire right when you renew all the young guys. This roster for 4 years could honestly win a chip. Its a good window with flexibilty later on.

okc window is not now, is in a couple of years

harden is old and a ballhog, a repeat card and worse than SGA

but hey morey if you want bertans+oladipo and fillers and a late FRP u have a deal
Clav
Starter

Post#957 » by Clav » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:48 pm

Clav wrote:

They have not signed a third TW contract.

I keep advocating for this 7'0 ish C that we had on our TW deals last two years named Olivier Sarr, I think he's got a decent bench player potential and he's been in our system. We need post depth and these deals are so flexible, that they can be waived and another player re-signed immediately.

Guys we signed Sarr to a TW contract. Just like I thought.... Nice.
Cheers
\m/
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,507

Post#958 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:55 pm

timO wrote:okc window is not now, is in a couple of years

but hey morey if you want bertans+oladipo and fillers and a late FRP u have a deal

Any team with a top 5 player has a window of now. Unless you believe SGA is going to regress and had a career year that he can not repeat at age 24 then OKC's window is now.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
timO
Assistant Coach

Post#959 » by timO » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:58 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
timO wrote:okc window is not now, is in a couple of years

Any team with a top 5 player has a window of now. Unless you believe SGA is going to regress and had a career year that he can not repeat at age 24 then OKC's window is now.

Chet is a rookie also cason, most guys in year 2 or 3 etc roster isnt ready, okc opens their Window as soon as Next season. This one is for a first round exit at best.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067

Post#960 » by slick_watts » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:29 pm

Clav wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

cbafaq.com

I read that page! I guess I missed that part. TY Kazz

it's described in question 86.

Also, if a team used an exception to acquire a player (which means it acquired the player by any means other than using cap room), it cannot include that player in an aggregated trade for two months.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder