OKC Thundercats?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

OKC Thundercats? 

Post#1 » by Pedro Pistolas » Tue Jul 8, 2008 1:07 am

They should consider that name! What you guys think???

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D :D :D
OKCFan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: OKC Thundercats? 

Post#2 » by OKCFan » Tue Jul 8, 2008 1:16 am

Looks like someone else was watching summer league today...
m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Post#3 » by m23uza1hem36 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 2:55 am

:nonono: There's already a thread about this, here's another one to be locked.

EDIT: For OKCfans enjoyment, I don't like Thunderbirds, Bandits is better. (There's a response to the thread)
OKCFan
Ballboy

Post#4 » by OKCFan » Tue Jul 8, 2008 3:30 am

m23, seriously, what the hell is your problem? I shrugged it off in the other topic you took over and demanded be shut down. Are you a bitter Seattle fan in disguise?

Do you mind if I ask why you are on this Oklahoma City board anyway? Do you have any ties to Oklahoma City, do you simply want to participate in the discussion of a new NBA team? OR are you here just to criticize people for their posts and continue your power trip in hopes of someday earning a moderator position on here? It certainly seems like the third option to me.

It's not like this board is currently overloaded with hordes of topics that we have trouble sorting through, so when someone makes a new topic about the nickname of the team or their summer league action, you don't need to charge in to the topic shaking your fist and trying to control everything.

This is a board for discussion of the new Oklahoma City team. We are all really excited to have our own forum finally, and not have to share it with the Seattle people who got sick and tired of us. If someone wants to post something about the team, even if it is similar to something that someone else has said, for God's sake just let us. Don't go around trying to police everyone.
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#5 » by ljp24 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 3:37 am

^ damn, u've never seen a troll before? just ignore em
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#6 » by m23uza1hem36 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:04 am

OKCFan wrote:m23, seriously, what the hell is your problem? I shrugged it off in the other topic you took over and demanded be shut down. Are you a bitter Seattle fan in disguise?

Do you mind if I ask why you are on this Oklahoma City board anyway? Do you have any ties to Oklahoma City, do you simply want to participate in the discussion of a new NBA team? OR are you here just to criticize people for their posts and continue your power trip in hopes of someday earning a moderator position on here? It certainly seems like the third option to me.

It's not like this board is currently overloaded with hordes of topics that we have trouble sorting through, so when someone makes a new topic about the nickname of the team or their summer league action, you don't need to charge in to the topic shaking your fist and trying to control everything.

This is a board for discussion of the new Oklahoma City team. We are all really excited to have our own forum finally, and not have to share it with the Seattle people who got sick and tired of us. If someone wants to post something about the team, even if it is similar to something that someone else has said, for God's sake just let us. Don't go around trying to police everyone.

Yes, in fact I do have ties with OKC. Half of my family resides in OKC and I've done some football and basketball camps down there. Second of all, I have never been a Supersonic fan, I'm a Detroit Piston fan at heart and I always will be, I'm as happy as any of you though that OKC did get a team, and no, I'm not attempting to become a mod.

Just because this board is new and not overloaded (Like the Detroit Tiger forum I visit daily) it doesn't mean you can't take a second of your time to see if there's a thread created about your idea, honestly, there's only 10-11 topics, couldn't you have read to see if the topic is already being discussed? It's not hard, not hard at all.

And I tell you again, I haven't charged this thread nor yours, just because I state that there is already a thread created for the topic. If I was charging, you WOULD KNOW I'm charging. I'm not trying to criticize any of you, I'm not here to argue with anyone, I'm here to discuss things about the franchise that OKC has gotten. You sound like a reasonable smart guy, just don't let this, someone pointing out that there is a thread discussing something to madden you because it's going to happen every now and then on any board on this website.
Follow @mouzaihem
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#7 » by Devin 1L » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:50 am

Getting back on topic, Dante and Galante chatted about this all throughout Summer League play today.

They're funny dudes, and they were having a good time -- I definitely got a few chuckles out of them today.

Thunderbirds... Meh. Not that great, really.
Thundercats... lol
Tony Plow
Ballboy

Post#8 » by Tony Plow » Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:31 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:They should consider that name! What you guys think???

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D :D :D

Other than a cartoon, what is a Thundercat?

I admit, the name sounds interesting. A logo with a Snow Leopard with lightning behind it, and a white cat as a mascot. They could name it Sparky.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#9 » by Texas Longhorns » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:44 am

Good luck making the playoffs in the west...
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#10 » by Gorilla Warfare » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:47 am

I think you could make the playoffs in the west if your team name is the Oklahoma City Slickers.
Shaner
Ballboy

Post#11 » by Shaner » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:44 pm

They were talking about this this morning on the Sports Animal and at first I thought it was a joke. I'm not sold on the name. I like Barons better.
memgrizzlies
Banned User

Post#12 » by memgrizzlies » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:49 pm

I heard it was going to be the Barrons.
Tor
Freshman

Announcement: OKC Thundercats (joke?) 

Post#13 » by Tor » Wed Jul 9, 2008 9:03 pm

The announcers for the NBA TV broadcast of the summer league games were given the word that you guys will be known as the Thundercats.
sportsaddict99
Ballboy

Re: Announcement: OKC Thundercats (joke?) 

Post#14 » by sportsaddict99 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 9:47 pm

i really hope they're wrong, i think i hate that name
Tony Plow
Ballboy

Post#15 » by Tony Plow » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:01 pm

Thundercats is a compromise. It has Thunder in the name, but is also creative. A really clever logo and mascot could be created and some marketing could be done. Plus. It's not redneck.
"This is Mr. Plow... OH. You mean THAT Mr. Plow. No. I'm TONY Plow. You know, from Leave it to Beaver?" : Homer Simpson
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#16 » by m23uza1hem36 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:55 pm

I hate it...
Follow @mouzaihem
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#17 » by Devin 1L » Wed Jul 9, 2008 11:10 pm

Dante and Galante have been joking about this all week during the airing of the Summer League games.
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#18 » by Pedro Pistolas » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:30 am

memgrizzlies wrote:I heard it was going to be the Barrons.

Barrons? :cry: :cry:
TheRipCityGuru
Junior

Post#19 » by TheRipCityGuru » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Come on thats a cartoon not an NBA team name....It is probably copyrighted anyway.
Tony Plow
Ballboy

Post#20 » by Tony Plow » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm

TheRipCityGuru wrote:Come on thats a cartoon not an NBA team name....It is probably copyrighted anyway.

Yes. However, copyrights can be purchased for the right price.
"This is Mr. Plow... OH. You mean THAT Mr. Plow. No. I'm TONY Plow. You know, from Leave it to Beaver?" : Homer Simpson

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder