And1: 4

ORL / OKC Trade Idea 

Post#1 » by leo6287 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:16 am

Turk
JJ Redick
Brian Cook

Ridnour
Collinson

OKC gets alot of shooting back with playmaking ability in Turk as well. But does he Fit? I
sonic-ben
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: ORL / OKC Trade Idea 

Post#2 » by sonic-ben » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:59 pm

only person we need one our team is a center.... Dwight Howard

otherwise .... no deal for overprice for lower talent
Go cougs
The Favero
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by The Favero » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:50 pm

Laughable.

Luke=JJ
Collison=Cook

Why would we throw in a "All-Star" caliber player in that trade?
Crazy homeless woman "do you see all this blood on my jacket?? all this blood on my jacket!!"
Big Baby politely responds "have a nice night, mam"
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#4 » by wizkid27 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:54 pm

I don't think he was saying that putting Dwight into that deal would be feasible... just that in his eyes, all we need from the magic is a center, and that anything else wouldn't create any progress.

Personnally, I would say Collison is the only player out of those 4 I see much value in, so I'd have to decline.
Joe Jackson
Analyst

Post#5 » by Joe Jackson » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:28 pm

Turk = All-star Not!!

JJ - laughable (even pitiful) = Biggest bust in years. Not even D-league material.

Luke = Cook

Collison vs. Turk = Depends on what team's biggest need is. Different players.
The Favero
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by The Favero » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Turk = All-star Not!!

Just about every major sports news organization said Turk was snub from the Allstar team last year.

JJ - laughable (even pitiful) = Biggest bust in years. Not even D-league material.

Actually JJ tore up the summer league 2 years ago and the D-League everytime he's been there. The Magic haven't really used him or gave him a chance. But I'm sure the greatest shooter in collegiate history would thrive on a team like San Antonio or any other team where he was actually used.

Agreed but Turk is more versatile and became Mr. 4th quarter last year. I don't think that there would be any team in the league that didn't think Turk was twice as valuable and Collison.
Crazy homeless woman "do you see all this blood on my jacket?? all this blood on my jacket!!"
Big Baby politely responds "have a nice night, mam"
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#7 » by ljp24 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:46 pm

PJ wouldn't utilize JJ better than what hes doing right now in Orlando
Joe Jackson
Analyst

Post#8 » by Joe Jackson » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:33 am

The Favero wrote:
Turk = All-star Not!!

Just about every major sports news organization said Turk was snub from the Allstar team last year.

Actually JJ tore up the summer league 2 years ago and the D-League everytime he's been there. The Magic haven't really used him or gave him a chance. But I'm sure the greatest shooter in collegiate history would thrive on a team like San Antonio or any other team where he was actually used.

Agreed but Turk is more versatile and became Mr. 4th quarter last year. I don't think that there would be any team in the league that didn't think Turk was twice as valuable and Collison.[/quote]

Every major sports news organization says practically anybody that they happen to be featuring that day is an All-star snub.
Who for instance should he have replaced on the all-star team and why him before a half dozen other players?

Ok, I stand corrected. Maybe Reddick is good D-league material.

I don't think every team in the league would think Turgo is twice as valuable. Just to repeat my comment, it depends on what the needs are.
Rywall
Ballboy

Post#9 » by Rywall » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:28 am

Orlando wouldn't do it. They do need a power forward, but they wouldn't give up Turk for Collison. Ecspecially when you consider Turk is coming off of the best season in his career. What kind of relationship would that build with the players and Orlando front office?

Plus there isnt too much insentive for OKC considering that they already have Durant and Green who can both play the 3. Where would you play Turk? As for Reddick, he might play better in a different system, such as San Antonio ( who doesn't play better when playing with Tim Duncan?), but I don't seem him playing well at all with OKC when you consider that they dont have a serious low post scorer. And of course he has played well against people in the summer league, what did you expect one of the most prolific shooters in NCAA history would do? That doesn't change the fact that his problem is that he can't do the same against quality athleticism.
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#10 » by ljp24 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:01 am

Joe Jackson wrote:
I don't think every team in the league would think Turgo is twice as valuable. Just to repeat my comment, it depends on what the needs are.

Did you watch any highlights of Hedo last season? There is no way in hell ANY team would trade Collison for Hedo straight up. Nick is a decent 10/10 PF. Turk is vertiale player that can play 1-4, legit 2nd option and go-to man in the clutch.
fayWHO
Ballboy

Post#11 » by fayWHO » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:15 pm

turkgolu is a great player, but collison fills a bigger need to okc then hedo.
j.j. reddick is a horrible player that wont be half as successful as ridnour.
i like brian cook too, but we don't need him. so this trade is usesless for okc.
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by wizkid27 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:45 pm

I agree that Turk is better than Collison, just personally I'm not a big fan of him... Plus, this team is already trying to figure out what they can do with Green and Durant both at SF. To me, there's no way that Turk's best position is anything other than SF. Therefore, it would be arguable that the team's 3 best players would all play the same position.
Joe Jackson
Analyst

Post#13 » by Joe Jackson » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:28 pm

ljp24 wrote:
Joe Jackson wrote:

Did you watch any highlights of Hedo last season? There is no way in hell ANY team would trade Collison for Hedo straight up. Nick is a decent 10/10 PF. Turk is vertiale player that can play 1-4, legit 2nd option and go-to man in the clutch.

No, I didn't watch any highlights of Turkoglu last year. I watched him in several games on League Pass and in the playoffs, and I saw him make a bunch of 3 pointers and some clutch shots. But I didn't go find any highlights to watch him.

I agree that the Magic and probably few other teams would trade Turko straight up for Collison,
and I probably wouldn't either depending on what my roster looked like. But as a couple people have pointed out in this thread, our roster with Durant and Green for starters doesn't look like Hedo's game is a big need for us.

Finally, what I did say is that you won't find everybody agrees that he is TWICE as good as Collison. That is a big difference and quite absurd. There are two many intangibles to say one player is twice as good as the other without some evidence and the only thing that would satisfy that test would be for the one player to face two of the other player (or equivalent of two) and beat them. Well, that would be a completely ridiculous proposition in this case as well as pretty stupid.
So all I am suggesting is that you need to tone down your claims a little if you want your argument to be given any serious consideration.
:sigh:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#14 » by Nolan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:00 am

Where would Turkoglu fit into the OKC's rotation? Luke and Collison would be solid in Orlando but I really don't think they would as valuable to the Magic as Turkoglu is too them right now.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#15 » by NEM » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 am

was that a serious proposal?

how about you guys throw in adrian griffin since we are in need of one more guard and we'll give you dwight too

horrible trade
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#16 » by Neon1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Theres no way in hell Orlando would trade Hedo for Collison
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by wizkid27 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:22 am

So it seems like both sides are in agreement... that it is a bad trade and that neither side would do it. Well, I guess that's maybe better than a one-sided proposal?? haha

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder