Mikaela Shiffrin

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Mikaela Shiffrin 

Post#1 » by wco81 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:48 pm

0 for 3 in medals, one more chance left.

Watched the Olympics a couple of times but not since. See all the sports ticker saying she didn’t finish or came in 18th.

They were hyping her so much. Has to be one of the biggest chokes in Games history?

Shiffrin, who has been candid about her struggles at these Games, told reporters she wasn't thinking about finishing on the podium before the race.

"I'm not focusing on the medal anymore," she said. "It's just trying to do my best execution every day. Anyway, that's my best shot at a medal. So it's a little bit of maybe a paradox ... that your best chance to have that performance is to stop thinking about the performance and to focus on what you're doing in that moment. So I'm just trying to be present in the moment, especially with the downhill."

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/33290186/winter-olympics-2022-kamila-valieva-competes-mikaela-shiffrin-18th-downhill-eileen-gu-earns-silver-plus-more-beijing

No need to hate but no need to feel sorry either.

She probably does very well with sponsorships, probably modeling too.

She would have raised her profile more if she met some very high expectations, though I hear ratings haven’t been great.

Few Olympians translate gold medals into big money. But they train for years between Games to have their moments.

As far as skiing, seems only Europeans make it a spectator sport so there are worse things than doing the pro skiing circuit, going from one spectacular Alps destination to another, making a good earning.

For women though, the money sports seem to be tennis and golf.

Return to Olympics