Olympic Handball Thread (was - US handball team?)

TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Re: US handball team? 

Post#61 » by TheTrooper » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 am

Mr. E wrote:Sorry about the result for all of our Croatian friends here, but that was one entertaining game! It looks like those mistakes that bobbeaver mentioned did come back to haunt them.

Hey...after being Croatian for 20 something years you get used to stuff like this.
:lol:

edit...If we lose in basketball whick is kinda expected may make this the worst day in Croatian sport ever.
bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Post#62 » by bobbeaver » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 am

TheTrooper wrote:Lol....these were the guys I was expecting a sure medal from. Again and again as a nation we are proving to be the biggest chokers there are in the world. We are such a losers. Soccer team, basketball team, individual sports. If there is a chance to **** something up we will. What we did in the last 5 minutes is a crime. If there were prison sentences for stupidity out guys just booked themselves life in prison.

We lost in a 2 man show (Bielicki and the goalkeeper) from a team that if we play 9 more times we will win 8. This will hurt and maybe it's just karma. Payback for the humiliation we made them in the Euro's. This is probably the last time we lose to Poland in the foreseeable future and it's a lose that hurts the most.

I dont get why didnt they just mark Bielecki take him out of the game ffs. So simple. who woulda scored? No matter how good the goalie was we woulda won. As i said we beat ourselves. But on to Croatia Serbia now in bball.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: Olympic Handball Thread (was - US handball team?) 

Post#63 » by Mr. E » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:17 am

I figured that a thread title name change was in order. PM'd the OP about the change.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#64 » by Mr. E » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:28 pm

For the Women's semifinals France beat the Netherlands 24-23, and Russia/Norway is currently underway.

The Men's semifinals tomorrow will see:

France vs. Germany 1:30 PM (-6 UTC)
Poland vs. Denmark 6:30 PM (-6 UTC)
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#65 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:44 pm

bobbeaver wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:Lol....these were the guys I was expecting a sure medal from. Again and again as a nation we are proving to be the biggest chokers there are in the world. We are such a losers. Soccer team, basketball team, individual sports. If there is a chance to **** something up we will. What we did in the last 5 minutes is a crime. If there were prison sentences for stupidity out guys just booked themselves life in prison.

We lost in a 2 man show (Bielicki and the goalkeeper) from a team that if we play 9 more times we will win 8. This will hurt and maybe it's just karma. Payback for the humiliation we made them in the Euro's. This is probably the last time we lose to Poland in the foreseeable future and it's a lose that hurts the most.

I dont get why didnt they just mark Bielecki take him out of the game ffs. So simple. who woulda scored? No matter how good the goalie was we woulda won. As i said we beat ourselves. But on to Croatia Serbia now in bball.

You have Babic as a coach, a monkey could outcoach him.

If you had someone like Vujovic you'd be perennial winners in every tournament, but you can't have him, we're keeping him. :)
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#66 » by TheTrooper » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
bobbeaver wrote:

You have Babic as a coach, a monkey could outcoach him.

If you had someone like Vujovic you'd be perennial winners in every tournament, but you can't have him, we're keeping him. :)

Lol....just 8-9 months ago he said he wants to coach Croatia on the Olympics. Unfortunately our handball federation decided to stick with Babic.
Also Vujovic is working in RK Zagreb the club of the big boss of Croatian handball - Gobac. You know what all RK Zagreb coaches do next right ? Yup...they coach the Croatian NT. :lol:
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#67 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Nah, he's too in love with all of our middle backs to leave, he'll put together a roster with them at every position.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#68 » by gaspar » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:54 am

Wyszomirski MVP!
90sgoat
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#69 » by 90sgoat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:29 pm

Watching Denmark beat France, I was having a discussion, why the basketball team in USA is so good. It is in part because no one plays handball in US. In Europe the average height of teams such as Denmark and Croatia are 195cm or close to 6'5'', meaning that all the strong, explosive, tall guys who could play basketball they are plaing handball instead!

Anyone who watches handball knows these guys are explosive, quick, strong, perfect builds for basketball and they are much much tougher than NBA players, these guys are tough almost like rugby playes. If only they cared about basketball they could field much better teams.

Return to Olympics