Can team USA lose this gold in basketball?

Sir Psycho Sexy
Senior
And1: 502

Re: Can team USA lose this gold in basketball? 

Post#41 » by Sir Psycho Sexy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:30 am

By far the best picture on the whole internet
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#42 » by Popovich » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:15 pm

You may lough but Macvan has already won against USA team in finals once u19 championship held in Novi Sad Serbia. You see Macvan there, i remember he was at the time much stronger than others in his generation including Americans(Curry on their team) I do not recall was Markovic there? Funny to see Marjanovic there, he was not as big as today. You also see head coach Nikolic he is today first assistant of coach Djordjevic.

Do not pay attention to background music it does not have any connection or sense with the video content.

bb22
Starter
And1: 985

Post#43 » by bb22 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:22 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I think Spain was one team that actually had a chance. USA is not losing to Serbia, it's all clear now.

The way Spain played, they never had a chance. If Spain's offense had shown any sign of structure for at least on quarter, they could have easily won. US was very sloppy and was more vulnerable than China with the melo lineup. Serbia is extremely organized on both ends. They could easily win it. For the US to win gold, they have to play their best game of the tournament, by far, and shoot the lights out (which they haven't, so good luck).
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#44 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:54 pm

TheTrooper wrote:Anyways I think I like this one better "vrati najku usta Kalina" (Return Nike your mouth Kalina)

LOL that's mean, but funny :lol:
what the hell happened to his jaw anyway? accident or something?

love this player by the way, he's everywhere in offense and defense.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#45 » by Popovich » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:Anyways I think I like this one better "vrati najku usta Kalina" (Return Nike your mouth Kalina)

Car accident I heard. His father was Olympian too but as an table tennis player.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#46 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Popovich wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:

Car accident I heard. His father was Olympian too but as an table tennis player.

is Duda, Boza and Obradovic gonna come together with Sasa to figure out how to beat the Americans? I remember in the old days when Serbia had a big game coming up they would all go to Aca Nikolic to get some advise.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by Popovich » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:45 pm

We need something more. IDK this will not be enough to beat USA team. I just hope we do not see replay of WC Finals. I think USA's ISO ball is OK we have nothing against it if you understand. But we do not have players to match every USA player so we must figure out something else. I think we could live with giving Thompson some space, in my eyes let him shoot, better him than Durant(no Bjelica to watch over Durantula). We need Nedo back and some other bench players along with current form of starters, so this is almost impossible task.
90sgoat
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#48 » by 90sgoat » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Serbia has a chance if they have one of those very rare nights where everything hits from outside. Not without chance, not at all, just need a good portion of luck.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by Popovich » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:03 pm

I do think Bogdanovic is a better shooter than Thompson, some of you may lough but Bogdanovic, although not so young in years or experience but actually he is very young not formed person you can see that is his face, we Serbs hope he alongside with Jokic will become transition leader for next generations to come.
Manimal
Starter
And1: 1,524

Post#50 » by Manimal » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Nikola Jokic going to wax that ass tomorrow.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,971

Post#51 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Popovich wrote:I do think Bogdanovic is a better shooter than Thompson...

Why?
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#52 » by Zombiesonics » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Manimal wrote:Nikola Jokic going to wax that ass tomorrow.

I highly doubt that, I expect DJ to thoroughly outplay him . ( which would be a normal statement in the nba season). if anyone is going to be waxed its clearly milos because kyrie is sure to have a monster game.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by Popovich » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:

Why?

Strictly because of shooting technique, not because of what player already proved to be or become. Bogdanovic is really a child with amazing stroke, his range is above 3pt NBA line.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#54 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:35 pm

Popovich wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:

Why?

Strictly because of shooting technique, not because of what player already proved to be or become. Bogdanovic is really a child with amazing stroke, his range is above 3pt NBA line.

Technique doesn't really matter. Reggie Miller had horrendous shooting form and he's one of the best shooters ever. Larry Bird's wasn't great either. You can go on. Thompson has great form, super-quick release, almost unlimited range...he has it all. Plus the fact he's got high-volume, high-percentage production, which is the only thing that really matters -- does the ball go in?
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by Popovich » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:42 pm

We will see!! I guess you right but we are yet to see that proven on international stage, isn't that so?
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#56 » by Apollo64 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:38 pm

In order to beat Team USA you need to drop close to 100pts on them, which should be a miracle for this Serbia (or any other team in the tournament for that matter).
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,999

Post#57 » by p0peye » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:53 pm

It is going to be a tough game tomorrow. Hopefully our team plays the best game of this tournament, which will be hard after going balls out at Australia yesterday.

Here's hoping mental batteries too will be fully charged against USA and team defense will be on a level sufficient to limit USA to below 90 points, which may depend on the Kyrie and off shooting nights for Durant and Klay. None of the players shouldn't consider winning against USA tomorrow as personal task, it must be a complete team effort with defense first and foremost.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#58 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:56 pm

Popovich wrote:We will see!! I guess you right but we are yet to see that proven on international stage, isn't that so?

Eh, it's such a small sample size. Five, six, seven games. Can't really take anything substantive out of that. Klay's body of work over the last four NBA seasons -- 400-some games -- speaks for itself.

But Bogdanovic is having an incredible Olympics, no doubt about that. Prolly the MVP thus far.
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#59 » by TheTrooper » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Anyways guys, who do you think could give the USA a hard time in 2020 ?

Serbia, which would probably remain the same with the addition of guys like Borsa Simanic, Nikola Milutinov, Bjelica and Marjanovic. A veteran team with roughly the same quality,but more depth and experience.

Canada with Wiggins, Ennis, Cory Joseph, Murray, Lyles, Olynyk, Stauskas, Powell etc.

Australia with Ben Simmons, Dante Exum, Thon Maker and vets like Delly, Mills and maybe even Bogut.

France, Croatia, Greece, Germany one of those too maybe ?
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#60 » by Zombiesonics » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:40 pm

Australia, The problem is wheres the next intl star? like the ones team usas roster is chalked full of... those kinds of players (kd, PG, irving, DJ...not even counting the real super stars who turned down invites) have an unnatural level of competetiveness and moxy, it isn't just about having the ball in their hands. Theyll impact the game when it matters the most. Simmons im gonna have to watch more of, but thats the team to keep an eye on imo,

Return to Olympics