Basketball - Semifinals Aug. 18/19

bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Re: Basketball - Semifinals Aug. 18/19 

Post#201 » by bakesale » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:42 pm

Ok we are getting owned in this game, it's pretty much done.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#202 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:43 pm

14 pts half, that got to be some kind of record.
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#203 » by TheTrooper » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:43 pm

What the **** is this **** ? On the bright side for the Aussies I dont think you could play any worse than this......
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#204 » by Dupp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:44 pm

90sgoat wrote:One thing is for sure, FIBA is waaaaaaaaaay more physical than NBA. Handchecking is obviously alive and well, you can see everyone using it (one hand only) all the way out on the perimeter. In addition to no def 3, this makes penetration difficult.

FIBA ball now is much like 90s ball. No doubt this kind of basketball is much closer to 90s ball than current NBA.

NBA has 82 games, its a long grind. The playoffs are plenty physical though. Just not realistic or smart to play the whole season balls to wall.

The only thing that really makes nba look soft is the superstar calls.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,850

Post#205 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:45 pm

wizfactor94 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:
he would probably dominate US just like Sofokolis did, never have I see a player dominate the US like Sofokolis did during that game that US lost.

You are only proving my point.

If he could dominate he'd be in the NBA. I can absolutely see why some Europeans would prefer to stay home. But, if everything was equal, there's absolutely no way this kid would turn down NBA money to play in freaking Moscow. There's a reason he's not here -- because he's not good enough. Yet he can thrive in Europe at 6-6.

As for Schortsanitis/Greece, he/they played an awesome game to hats off to them. But that's all it was -- one game. No matter bad you want to, you can't make these ridiculous blanket assessments based on a handful of games. Let alone one.

Yes I can , the Greeks proved America aint that good. It's a true fact but It had to be proven. It was, and it was great to see.

And that was 10 years ago. Ten years and 52 straight wins.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,683

Post#206 » by California Gold » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:46 pm

wizfactor94 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:
he would probably dominate US just like Sofokolis did, never have I see a player dominate the US like Sofokolis did during that game that US lost.

If he could dominate he'd be in the NBA. I can absolutely see why some Europeans would prefer to stay home. But, if everything was equal, there's absolutely no way this kid would turn down NBA money to play in freaking Moscow. There's a reason he's not here -- because he's not good enough. Yet he can thrive in Europe at 6-6.

As for Schortsanitis/Greece, he/they played an awesome game to hats off to them. But that's all it was -- one game. No matter bad you want to, you can't make these ridiculous blanket assessments based on a handful of games. Let alone one.

Yes I can , the Greeks proved America aint that good. It's a true fact but It had to be proven. It was, and it was great to see.

The domination of this sport by Americans must be getting into some of you guys' heads. Some of the stupidest comments I've seen on here are by people like you. Keep on churning though, we'll celebrate yet another gold medal on Sunday. ;)
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#207 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Dupp wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:

lol why are you even arguing

Ha, I don't know man. There are a handful of these guys during every competition and they always piss me off...
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#208 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:48 pm

Thought Serbia played us much better than Australia, so can't say this is a huge surprise. Maybe the sheer size of the deficit. But Serbia is gonna be a tough out. Quality size and a world-class PG is a tough combination.
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#209 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Harden2Dwight wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:

The domination of this sport by Americans must be getting into some of you guys' heads. Some of the stupidest comments I've seen on here are by people like you. Keep on churning though, we'll celebrate yet another gold medal on Sunday. ;)

You like most Americans, can not take losing, even once.

The Greeks beat you. All that matters. That was a failure. I don't care about 52 wins after that. That win was awesome and it stung the Americans in the butt. Good luck with pumping yourself up lol.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,683

Post#210 » by California Gold » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:51 pm

wizfactor94 wrote:
Harden2Dwight wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:

The Greeks beat you. All that matters. That was a failure. I don't care about 52 wins after that. That win was awesome and it stung the Americans in the butt. Good luck with pumping yourself up lol.

What do you mean can't take losing? You're the one desperate on your knees crying for attention with your blatantly trollish posts. Sure it was a failure, nobody has ever denied that. But it still doesn't equate all the things you are claiming. We don't need to pump ourselves up. It's really the norm so what's their to pump?
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#211 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Harden2Dwight wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:
Harden2Dwight wrote:

What do you mean can't take losing? You're the one desperate on your knees crying for attention with your blatantly trollish posts. Sure it was a failure, nobody has ever denied that. But it still doesn't equate all the things you are claiming. We don't need to pump ourselves up. It's really the norm so what's their to pump?

I am not trolling. I told this guy that some of the guys in the US that look like superstars would not be superstars in Euroleagues.

Because of many different styles of play which includes defense.

He is the one that got butthurt buddy, not me.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#212 » by Dupp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:55 pm

Euro league sucks no one cares about it.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#213 » by bakesale » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:56 pm

disappointing end to the olympics. Hopefully Simmons plays in 2020 Olympics and is a star in the NBA.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#214 » by DWadeno3 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:59 pm

I've been critical of our national team as well, but the lengths some people go to in order to discredit us reaching the final is ridiculous.

#HeatLifer
90sgoat
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#215 » by 90sgoat » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:59 pm

Dupp wrote:Euro league sucks no one cares about it.

Au cointraire my friend, I've watched NBA since 1992 and these Olympics have convinced to watch Euroleague and not NBA next season. The rules and ref jobbing of current NBA just isn't the basketball I grew up with. Euroleague now is closest to the game I loved as a kid.
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#216 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:01 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:I've been critical of our national team as well, but the lengths some people go to in order to discredit us reaching the final is ridiculous.

That is how YOU SEE IT, because you are an emotional person.

Nobody is discrediting the US. You can pick and choose. The US has looked average, or the teams of other nations are scared of them anymore, and also have greatly learned more skills and have gotten better.

Either way my point is about the style of play.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#217 » by Dupp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:02 pm

90sgoat wrote:
Dupp wrote:Euro league sucks no one cares about it.

Au cointraire my friend, I've watched NBA since 1992 and these Olympics have convinced to watch Euroleague and not NBA next season. The rules and ref jobbing of current NBA just isn't the basketball I grew up with. Euroleague now is closest to the game I loved as a kid.

Yeah watching this tournament there are a lot of things id like to change about the nba.
Pitimiquel
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#218 » by Pitimiquel » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:CSKA Moscow just won the Euro title with two Americans playing key roles who I have literally never heard of, Kyle Hines and Cory Higgins. Granted, I barely follow college basketball. But given that they went to Colorado and UNC-Greensboro -- not exactly hoops hotbeds -- they wouldn't seem to be prime prospects. And they can go over the Europe and thrive. Yet somehow players like Paul George, Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green would struggle. OK...

Well, you have to know that big teams in Euroleague and domestic competition when they are facing teams that are not at the same level, players rotate a lot, so statistics in Euroleague don't say always the truth. Every player is a different world. For example Ingles, played as a 11th or 12th player in Barcelona during 3 years (my team), and now plays as a starter in the NBA. Other example would be Patrick Beverly who played in Euroleague very bad. Then we have Americans or Europeans that havent played or succed in the NBA but here are stars like Vesely, De Colo, Malcolm Delaney, Tyrese Rice, Ayon, Darius Miller...
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#219 » by B-Ball Freak » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Australia is absolutely getting demolished
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#220 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:04 pm

very shocked if the Aussies can come back