Basketball - Semifinals Aug. 18/19

wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Re: Basketball - Semifinals Aug. 18/19 

Post#221 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Pitimiquel wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:CSKA Moscow just won the Euro title with two Americans playing key roles who I have literally never heard of, Kyle Hines and Cory Higgins. Granted, I barely follow college basketball. But given that they went to Colorado and UNC-Greensboro -- not exactly hoops hotbeds -- they wouldn't seem to be prime prospects. And they can go over the Europe and thrive. Yet somehow players like Paul George, Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green would struggle. OK...

Well, you have to know that big teams in Euroleague and domestic competition when they are facing teams that are not at the same level, players rotate a lot, so statistics in Euroleague don't say always the truth. Every player is a different world. For example Ingles, played as a 11th or 12th player in Barcelona during 3 years (my team), and now plays as a starter in the NBA. Other example would be Patrick Beverly who played in Euroleague very bad. Then we have Americans or Europeans that havent played or succed in the NBA but here are stars like Vesely, De Colo, Malcolm Delaney, Tyrese Rice, Ayon, Darius Miller...

Exactly
davidfr94
Senior
And1: 500

Post#222 » by davidfr94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:05 pm

With the way the Serbian team is playing, Dont you think there is a slim possibility that they'll win the gold medal ?

They are playing really well
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#223 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Aussies going to push the tempo big time the rest of the game
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Re: RE: Re: Basketball - Semifinals Aug. 18/19 

Post#224 » by NeoWarriors » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:11 pm

Pitimiquel wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:CSKA Moscow just won the Euro title with two Americans playing key roles who I have literally never heard of, Kyle Hines and Cory Higgins. Granted, I barely follow college basketball. But given that they went to Colorado and UNC-Greensboro -- not exactly hoops hotbeds -- they wouldn't seem to be prime prospects. And they can go over the Europe and thrive. Yet somehow players like Paul George, Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green would struggle. OK...

Well, you have to know that big teams in Euroleague and domestic competition when they are facing teams that are not at the same level, players rotate a lot, so statistics in Euroleague don't say always the truth. Every player is a different world. For example Ingles, played as a 11th or 12th player in Barcelona during 3 years (my team), and now plays as a starter in the NBA. Other example would be Patrick Beverly who played in Euroleague very bad. Then we have Americans or Europeans that havent played or succed in the NBA but here are stars like Vesely, De Colo, Malcolm Delaney, Tyrese Rice, Ayon, Darius Miller...

Lol. Joe Ingles is not an NBA starter. The only reason he was brought into the league was to mentor Dante Exum. The only reason he got to start was because the Jazz were decimated by injury. He is a borderline 12th man in the NBA. There's a reason why Euro league players are trying to get to the NBA and not the other way around.
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#225 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:17 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:
Pitimiquel wrote:

Lol. Joe Ingles is not an NBA starter. The only reason he was brought into the league was to mentor Dante Exum. The only reason he got to start was because the Jazz were decimated by injury. He is a borderline 12th man in the NBA. There's a reason why Euro league players are trying to get to the NBA and not the other way around.

Mentor ? You sure about that? find proof, yes both Aussies and familiar with eachother, but they can't mentor him within the team? What the hell is Joe ingles a 12th man going to mentor Exum , I think you talking out of your rear end.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#226 » by Dupp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:19 pm

wizfactor94 wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:
Pitimiquel wrote:

Mentor ? You sure about that? find proof, yes both Aussies and familiar with eachother, but they can't mentor him within the team? What the hell is Joe ingles a 12th man going to mentor Exum , I think you talking out of your rear end.

I dont think you understand sport.
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#227 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:20 pm

Dupp wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:

I dont think you understand sport.

Really? Im calling BS on this whole mentor thing. I need proof.

Ingles is not a flashy player, but he plays a well rounded game. It's a small part, but it is why the Jazz have been competitive.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#228 » by NeoWarriors » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:22 pm

wizfactor94 wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:
Pitimiquel wrote:

Not mentor him at basketball, life mentor... playing professionally in a foreign land mentor. Are you being purposely obtuse?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/utah-jazz-rookie-dante-exum-has-good-mate-joe-ingles-to-help-him-through-nba-season-debut-20141029-11dk8m.html
yeahM8
Starter
And1: 3,682

Post#229 » by yeahM8 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:23 pm

:(

wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#230 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:24 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:

Not mentor him at basketball, life mentor... playing professionally in a foreign land mentor. Are you being purposely obtuse?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/utah-jazz-rookie-dante-exum-has-good-mate-joe-ingles-to-help-him-through-nba-season-debut-20141029-11dk8m.html

My entire point is that Ingles is an NBA player, he did not come here because of Exum. Im seeing he was cut by the clippers. So I don't know what this whole thing is about.

Again , people are all over the place, when they are not on the point I was talking about. Ingles being a 12th man is laughable when they guy started. Who is obtuse? How can anybody call a starter a 12th man at best. That is asinine
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#231 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

30 pt lead vs 3 nba players?

How many from Serbia?
Promezclan
Starter
And1: 948

Post#232 » by Promezclan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

wizfactor94 wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:
Pitimiquel wrote:

All three years in Barcelona, Ingles averaged more points per game than his career high in the NBA (5.0 ppg). And yet he was a 12th man in Barcelona and a "starter" in the NBA? He's a stopgap back-up on a lottery team, at best.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#233 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Pitimiquel wrote:

Ingles started two games last year and is not a good player.

Otherwise, there are always going to be exceptions. Guys like Jasikevičius and Spanoulis were clearly fantastic players who for whatever reason didn't pan out over here. Maybe they came too late or didn't stick it out. Players like Diamantidis, Papaloukas and Teodosic probably would have been very good, if they'd tried. Some of the very best players we've ever had -- Olajuwon, Nowitzki, Ginobili, the Gasols -- are foreign. (Sabonis would have been top 10-20 had he came earlier and been healthy.)

Hell, I think something like 25 percent of the NBA now hails from outside the country. So there's clearly a lot of talent outside the U.S. A lot.

But when you have idiots making blanket statements about how NBA players don't play defense or lack fundamentals based on a handful games in a competition for which we might have four or five practices (and still win anyways)...I have a problem with that.

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison. As was stated, the best players in the world aren't trying to play in Europe, they're trying to play here -- and it's not just the money. The average U.S. player is going to have far, far more success overseas than the average European player would in the NBA. And there has never been an NBA All-Star who wouldn't be at least very good in Europe. It's just dumb to try to argue otherwise. If you have a different preference, that's fine. There's a lot to like about the so-called "FIBA style." But that's where it should end.

Don't take it further and make stupid/insulting statements that don't stand up to even the tiniest amount of scrutiny.
90sgoat
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#234 » by 90sgoat » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Ricky Rubio is a good example, one of the best pure point guards in NBA maybe worst guard on Spain.

In FIBA if you don't have a mid range shot and long range you are nothing. In that way, the mid range necessity, it is also very close to old school bball in NBA, where you had to be able to hit an open mid range from 1-4, only center was allowed to not have that skill.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,684

Post#235 » by California Gold » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:27 pm

wizfactor94 wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:

My entire point is that Ingles is an NBA player, he did not come here because of Exum. Im seeing he was cut by the clippers. So I don't know what this whole thing is about.

Again , people are all over the place, when they are not on the point I was talking about. Ingles being a 12th man is laughable when they guy started. Who is obtuse? How can anybody call a starter a 12th man at best. That is asinine

You seem to be getting destroyed by everyone. You sure you're going to be alright?
Dupp
RealGM

Post#236 » by Dupp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:27 pm

NBA players gonna win gold.
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#237 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:27 pm

90sgoat wrote:Ricky Rubio is a good example, one of the best pure point guards in NBA maybe worst guard on Spain.

In FIBA if you don't have a mid range shot and long range you are nothing. In that way, the mid range necessity, it is also very close to old school bball in NBA, where you had to be able to hit an open mid range from 1-4, only center was allowed to not have that skill.

Rubio has looked absolutely horrific
Moneytalks
Junior
And1: 222

Post#238 » by Moneytalks » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:29 pm

90sgoat wrote:Listen.

Let me know you understand 'total pool of basketball players' and 'basketball players pr. capita'.

Do you understand what it means?

Basketball is like the 5th or 6th most popular sport in Spain, US has many many times the players of Spain, so talking about 'talent' I don't see it. I see two equal teams beaten by depth, because US has many more basketball players. And Spain has doping testing. Lance Armstrong was allowed to dope forever in US. Everyone knows Americans begin doping in high school already.

If you remove those factors, I don't see US superioty, just normal domination due to having a bigger pool of players to choose from.

Nothing 'Dream Team' about it at all. No MJ, Bird, Magic, not even a Barkley or David Robinson. NBA players imo have never looked worse since I began watching.

lol, i'm not from US but this is ridiculous, Spain had his own doping issues.

doping is a worldwide thing
wizfactor94
Rookie

Post#239 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:30 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
Pitimiquel wrote:

Ingles started two games last year and is not a good player.

Otherwise, there are always going to be exceptions. Guys like Jasikevičius and Spanoulis were clearly fantastic players who for whatever reason didn't pan out over here. Maybe they came too late or didn't stick it out. Players like Diamantidis, Papaloukas and Teodosic probably would have been very good, if they'd tried. Some of the very best players we've ever had -- Olajuwon, Nowitzki, Ginobili, the Gasols -- are foreign. (Sabonis would have been top 10-20 had he came earlier and been healthy.)

Hell, I think something like 25 percent of the NBA now hails from outside the country. So there's clearly a lot of talent outside the U.S. A lot.

But when you have idiots making blanket statements about how NBA players don't play defense or lack fundamentals based on a handful games in a competition for which we might have four or five practices...I have a problem with that.

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison. The average U.S. player is going to have far, far more success overseas than the average European player would in the NBA. And there has never been an NBA All-Star who wouldn't be at least very good in Europe. It's just dumb to try to argue otherwise. If you have a different preference, that's fine. There's a lot to like about the so-called "FIBA style." But that's where it should end.

Don't take it further and make stupid/insulting statements that don't stand up to even the tiniest amount of scrutiny.

Sad that you wrote all that. Your wrong.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#240 » by Dupp » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:31 pm

90sgoat wrote:Ricky Rubio is a good example, one of the best pure point guards in NBA maybe worst guard on Spain.

Thats not really any different from him in the nba. Not like hes dominant. His lack of a jumper severely limits him, as it does every guard in the nba that cant shoot.

Return to Olympics